Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Have fun in different places, good one. LFR is basically a training dummy with a different skin applied. Back in the day you had threads on realm forums where people would post their progress. Even if that progress was far behind others, you had people posting about their boss kills with a sense of pride.

And good for you, you are too cool to care, but in the raiding community there was a lot of competition among realms for first kills. That's gone now aswell. Like it or not, but the raiding community in Wow got gutted in favour of people like yourself that 'have fun' in LFR. And I'd argue that the people wiping in Karazhan had more fun than the people collecting epics in LFR while being on /follow.
    This has nothing to do with "being too cool to care", just about finding pride pointless, especially in a game (unless you only play to be "cooler than others" and show off ? Which I also don't get at all, I'm here to play a game, not to witness/participate in an e-peen contest). Also never said I had fun in LFR, only that casual people could at least see more content than they used to, also leaving more time for outside raid content, which is very very very much more developed than in BC years.

Raiding community had a lot of competition, yes. But how many players were really into this "raiding community" ? 2-3% ? Only players I know from classic/BC that really raided (ie: gone further than KZ) would currently fall into the "first month hc" population of mop if they still played that much, which seems to be about the same size.

I'm not sure at all that the fact that progress posting or this kind of things disappeared is really mostly a consequence of expansions. Looks way more a consequence of the evolution of players and of the world (real one) : now guides are everywhere, even before bosses are released on live servers, every single class and spec has incredibly in-depth guide of how to play/gear/spec that can be found in 5s with google. People are getting way more information now than they used to, and way more quickly, I don't believe this is caused by game design, but by current internet design. Same for progress, tracking is now fully automated, no more need to post about it, it already gets updated almost automatically on a few different websites.

Many guilds don't even have a website now for the same reasons, posting progress ? It's already all over the web. Recruitment ? Forums everywhere for this now, and mostly in game as it was already before (which instead of redirecting to forum application, gets sent directly to teamspeak). Sharing information on classes/raids ? No more need, already everywhere. Casual talk between members ? Happens all day on teamspeak (which many guilds did not / could not even use in BC days). The game did not change all this, or very little, evolution of internet did.

Most people didn't go far in raiding because it was hard to get enough information to really get in it, and even into the game (many people even had no idea how to gear/spec correctly)

Haha, fanboyism how does it work?
    Haha, haterism how does it work?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Since MOP was their best expansion yet, I would say chances are high.
    BC was fantastic.
    Wrath was fantastic.
    Cataclysm was good (early raiding was excellent)
    MoP has been good

I have yet to see an expansion that wasn't at least good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Because PvP in Classic, BC, Wrath and Cata was perfect and skill-based right?

Remember 1-shot macros and pve-heroes rolling people in pvp in classic? CCs with no DR and rogues with minimal gear and skill destroying everything?

Remember resto druids, warriors, rogues and locks in BC? How long did that go on for? The entire damn expansion...

Remember how "skillful" the game got with Wrath with the return of the "skillful" 1-shotters?

Remember mages and rogues in Cata? Remember first pvp season of Cata? How "skillful" was that?

It's like you never played during those expansions or chose to forget them. Either way you sound like you have zero idea what you're talking about.
    WoW pvp has always been sub-par, but in MoP it has just gotten worse than ever before...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    BC was fantastic.
    Wrath was fantastic.
    Cataclysm was good (early raiding was excellent)
    MoP has been good

I have yet to see an expansion that wasn't good.
    BC was indeed fantastic

Wrath had the most disappointing starting tier for release for any expansion. My guild could not clear Sunwell back then, and yet we beat every single raidboss in Wrath 3 weeks after the game released. After this, i took a pause from WoW for the first time since Vanilla.

Cataclysm was good at launch, but that was the only good raid in the expansion. I got into PvP at the end of Cata for real (I had always played it casually), and i had some fun doing RBG and arena.

MoP had so broken PvP that i quit 1½ month into launch. I had gotten into PvP and it was so broken it was not even fun. Heck i even played a holy-pala so i was one of the OP ones.

So yeah, 1 good expansion, and 2 mediocre, and one complete failure imo.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2013-08-19 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Look...

Sure, this is my opinion but people will generally state that the first expansion they had the pleasure to take full-part in (play from the start or see "end game content") was the "Golden Age".

I personally think Classic (vanilla, pre-tbc w/e) was the best time - it obviously wasn't but that's what my nostalgic brain tells me. A lot of people started playing from the beginning of TBC or very end of Classic and so, to them that was the best point within the game because it was new/exciting/full of wonder.

The game is infinitely better now, sure it has some LFR-shaped kinks to iron out (which I truly believe will be fixed by flex) but the sheer amount of fun content, lore, exceptional raids means that this IS one of, if not THE best (WOTLK might be better simply due to atmosphere IMO) expansions they have ever made.

So, yes... The Dark Below will be a good expansion.

One of the things I think about, as a reason of having a good xpac is the catch up for new players.
    So, the leveling isnot rewarding and has become something to go through for the game to begin and the end-game is where new players want to get as quick as possible.
    Maybe they are joining to play with their friends who are on cap-level or something?

With every xpac the distance between level 1 and cap-level becomes bigger and bigger!
    Yeah sure, players who have a cap-level char will have heirlooms and stuff to shorten the journey but new players will not have those.

So I really think something of a catch-up should be in place. For players 1 -90 something that doesn't take much time, they know, new players don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, fanboyism how does it work?

So would you argue pvp is in it's best shape, have you read about baseline resilience of nearing 80%? Best! Pve in it's best shape with soon 3 different lockouts again.
    Uhm... Please tell me when PvP was good?

For me, I felt like I dominated as a frost mage in TBC. Really wiped the floor with people. In Wrath, Prot Paladins tell you that you're dead, then you're dead.. Or Ret paladins double-tagging with Divine Storm and high hits in burst. Cataclysm.. was just an odd moment for a lot.

(again, my experiences). And I love the new to be PvE system, already enjoy ToT 25HC. I don't mind multiple lockouts, better than 1 for everything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    This has nothing to do with "being too cool to care", just about finding pride pointless, especially in a game (unless you only play to be "cooler than others" and show off ? Which I also don't get at all, I'm here to play a game, not to witness/participate in an e-peen contest)
    It's impossible for some people around here to understand that there are people, such as myself, who just don't care about these kinds of things. The only pride I ever got from the game is when we beat a raid boss for the first time or when we finally cleared a raid. And that was only personal pride. I never felt the need to let everyone know about it.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

The real question is: can PvP be even worse?

Everything after Wrath so far has not been that good. Granted MoP has been leaps and bounds above Cata as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully the next expansion will at least be as good as Wrath or TBC.

Deleted
    Am I only one who thinks that Wotlk was the best expansion regarding story telling? Also there was one clear bad guy who we had to kill. Cataclysm also had one clear bad guy we had to defeat but cataclysm had problems with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    The real question is: can PvP be even worse?
    The sky is the limit, we crossed that limit last expansion with Cata's PvP.

I find the pvp in MOP to be an improvement over the sorry excuse of an expansion that was Cataclysm, it's nowhere near perfect but its better than the shit we had then.

Can it get worse than what I saw with Cata? I dread the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    It is highly opinionated that you feel they have never made a decent expansion based upon the title of your thread, whereas many others have opinions that they have.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Am I only one who thinks that Wotlk was the best expansion regarding story telling? Also there was one clear bad guy who we had to kill. Cataclysm also had one clear bad guy we had to defeat but cataclysm had problems with the flow.
    I would say Wrath had a better storyline but MOP has better storytelling. Cataclysm had great potential for both but managed neither, ofcourse I am not talking about the redesign of the 1-60 zones here, which by the way I found absolutely fantastic after having leveled in these old zones again on several toons.

But end-game story AND storytelling in Cata left much to be desired, but was nowhere close to the disaster that was Cata PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    ive played since launch and would have said TBC was my fave expac but tbh I really enjoy MoP. theyve kept the game evolving with something for everyone and theres plenty of life in it yet. so yes, im optimistic about the next xpac.

Low post count thread starter? Check
    Terribly obvious troll subject line? Check
    Never comes back to defend his position? Check
    23 pages of gullible forum members? Check

In my opinion the only expansion I didn't find amazing was Cataclysm... I love BC, I love Wrath, I love Mist...

So Blizz, in my opinion at least, has been doing great expansions.

My reason for disliking Cata was probably not having a fun guild to play with, and not necessarily do to any lack on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Sub numbers will never be what they were and the reason is simple - WoW is old. Most people who want to play WoW already have, and started back when they were in high school/college, since moving on when they get careers/families. This is just the natural progression of things - it is not due to the game getting 'worse' as the game's quality is very much an opinion - many players think the game is better than it has been in a long time, even if those players aren't the ones who are very vocal on forums and such.

As to the question do we think they're able to finally make a good expansion - I'm confident they'll continue improving. BC was the golden age for me, because that's when myself and most of my friends were in college, with a lot of time on our hands, and thus our guild was a very strong community - by WotLK we all started getting married, having kids, etc. and the community dropped off. That said, the only expansion I just didn't enjoy itself was most of Cataclysm.
    I agree with you completely I started in HS but didnt play much if any, and I then I got to college with all the free time in the world to play 8+ hours a day. Now I am out of college married with kids and have limited time to 8 hours a week. I too felt TBC/ Early Wrath were the golden age for me. I miss them dearly, Cata sucked but was actually alt friendly ( I made 2 more max level characters). MOP has made it so playing an alt is an absolute chore especially if they are a pure DPS class making LFR q's 1+ Hours. Until they put 5mans back into the game with useful loot or make it so Scenario's are going to drop gear per boss fight or something I will not be playing alts.

"Finally" making a good expansion?

The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Mists of Pandaria were good expansions overall, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Ok "Blizzardnonentertainment" what would make the game better for you because everything aside from dailies in MOP I have really enjoyed. If they can replicate the fun of MOP but have a better alternative to daily quests at launch then I will be happy.
    Agreed, I think events should replace dailies, like 1-2 zone events similar to scenarios where people can take part in that happen every like 5-10 minutes and once you complete it for the day that part of the zone gets taken over for you and anyone who completes it and you would get Valor and what not.