Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The tits, son, the tits...

Aside from that, Sylvanas's true agenda is somewhat a mystery - she might turn against the rest of the horde and the belves, the might commit suicide, she might become the new LK, she might get married and spawn more overlords - WHO KNOWS?!

Garrosh was a racist with a global conquest idea - and nothing else.
    He simply had no character depth or anything else, just the racism and the desire for conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acnoctus View Post
    At least for me, Sylvanas is more gray. She isn't nearly as ambitious as Garrosh and by all evidence just seems to want to have her borders secured. She seems more like the person who would clearly mark off her property and hang a "no solicitors" sign on the front gate. She didn't really want to go and fight the Gilneans... Garrosh kinda forced that upon her. Nor is she showing any aggression to her northern neighbors.

Plus she gets some points for literally dying for her people, then rebelling against her masters to lead the undead who were unjustly slaughtered to new freedom and prosperity. Garrosh has always been very... grating. Ever since TBC, he's been portrayed as a guy I'd just rather not deal with. Sylvanas was, and is, just an all-around more fleshed out and more well-crafted character.
    These... also... no i don't like boobs so that's not a reason... at least for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is a very good character, not saying Garrosh isn't, But Sylvanas can control herself she has the respect of her other fellow Faction Leaders while Garrosh has lost it. I wish we find out what Sylvanas has been up to this expansion during Org or atleast in Patch 5.5.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    My biggest problem is there is practically no motive or explanation how he want from "Arrogant but generally loyal to the tenants of the Horde" to "cartoon-level super villain". .
    desperate times call for desperate measures?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because boobs.

No, really, she's cool.

And don't forget the boobs.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Because Sylvanas can't command the other races to do dumb things. She's got the Forsaken, a few other Horde peeps and she fights the Alliance. She expands her lands and gains power, sure, but not at the complete expense of the Horde. If she started to actively show disregard for the other races then sure, I'd dislike her, just like Garrosh. But until then she'll just be a powerful leader of the Horde. Garrosh would've been the same, if not for the active jerk moves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    His hatred of the Alliance is generally unexplained and his bizarre loathing of most of the Horde is even more of a mystery as until he started abusing his power, he had no real reason to have issue with any of the non-orc races.
    All of those were explained and existed, though in less extreme states within his first few days in Org

He hates the Alliance because they defeated and imprisoned the Horde, and how they are currently the main obstacle to the level of glory/power/prosperity he feels the Horde should have

Back then, it may not have been outright hatrd but he did hold some contempt for the other races, mostly because he sees them as draining the Orcs power rather than adding to it. For you may inherit your allies strength, but also their problems.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    We live in a feminist society where more and more men feel guilty for just being male.
    It is ok for a female character to be evil in a game, but not a male character.
    Think about how crazy it is: Murder is worse than rape. It is ok to have murder in a game, but not rape.

If Garrosh was a female orc, he/she would be the most likable character in WoW history.
    The most ridiculous thing I have heard all day. Lolling @ this type of "arrrgh evil feminists!!" 'arguments'.

OP: The answer hs already been presented to you. Sylvanas has style, Garrosh is just "HULK SMASH" and we are bored of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    When did he intentionally slight the non-orc members of the Horde? He just punished them for being insubordinate. They wouldn't shut up about how much they loved Jaina, didn't want to fight the Alliance, and questioned every order he gave. He was doing it all for them. He wanted to give them victories so they would acknowledge him as a great Warchief.

They were loved and respected by their people, and both did have true loyalty to the Horde, if not to Garrosh individually. Soon, they would come to heel and acknowledge that his tactics had been beyond brilliant—indeed, that he had achieved more for the Horde than any leader, including the adored Thrall, had ever done.
    Then they would honor him as well as the Horde, and he would show his magnanimity to them as he had with Captain Briln. Garrosh permitted a pleased, rather smug smile to curve his lips.

--Tides of War
    Did you miss the whole expelling non-orcs from the center of the city? Segregation to districts was like his first move as Warchief. How is that not a slight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Did you miss the whole expelling non-orcs from the center of the city? Segregation to districts was like his first move as Warchief. How is that not a slight?
    To be fair, they weren't very consistent with that. One of the first interviews about "Warchief Hellscream" mentioned that he saw strength and value in each of the Horde races and used them to that effect.

He was mildly contemptuous of the trolls/Forsaken/blood elves/goblins in Heart of War, but it was more rooted in actions he disapproved of (the Wrathgate) or inaction/perceived weakness. It didn't become straight up "we'll cleanse the world of the filth of the lesser races" racism until MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    And Sylvanas being hot? ANY Night Elf and Draenei surpasses the Blood Elves in hotness and gracious beauty, especially an undead Blood Elf.
    Sylvanas isn't a Blood Elf, and never was. Somebody needs to get their lore straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They have their own Necropolis. They didn't steal it from anyone like the Forsaken did.
    Remind me again who the Forsaken stole Undercity from? Considering that it was theirs in the first place. Unless you believe the people who fled their home like cowards have more right to them then the people who died for them once, and are willing to die again to keep them.

Because the story intended it to be that way. Even if you don't like Sylvanas you are likely to feel sympathy for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    It boil down to this. Look at the forsaken, across there lore, and then look at the orcs across there lore.

Now, the orcs have a more complex system of lore, because despite that people try to claim about them, orcs do not have one type, some can be bad, some can be good, some can do heroic things and even fight to save the world, others just want to see the world burn. So this leaves the orcish style of leader open to interpretation.

The forsaken though, aside form maybe 1 or 2 individuals in there lore, are usually cut and dry when it comes to who they are and what they do, there isn't as much of a complexity to them as say the orcs, and when it comes down to it, sylvanas represents that balance perfectly. Garrosh didn't because he focused purely on the darker elements of the orcs, anger, rage, violence, racism, and a contrived sense of honor.
    At least with sylvanas you can be sure of what your get, because just like herself, the forsaken are often underhanded, sneaky, scheming and overall untrustworthy.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Segregation to districts was like his first move as Warchief.
    Wrong.

Overall, it's just a bunch of necrophiles that like their "Super Hot Undead Elf Bitch", unfortunately they fail to realize, that despite Sylvanas' "style" she's failed to accomplish much, and has proved to be incompetent on multiple occasions, Garrosh might be a hot head, racist and whatever else, but other than the failed assassination attempt on Vol'jin, most of his plans actually work out, and he's never been dumb enough to keep a dreadlord inside of Orgrimmar, so bonus points for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He was mildly contemptuous of the trolls/Forsaken/blood elves/goblins in Heart of War, but it was more rooted in actions he disapproved of (the Wrathgate) or inaction/perceived weakness. It didn't become straight up "we'll cleanse the world of the filth of the lesser races" racism until MoP.
    To be fair, Northrend was really his first experience with non-orcs in a combat scenario, all he saw, was that the Trolls were struggling to retake their homeland, instead of helping the Horde fight the Lich King, the Blood Elves were reluctant to send ANY troops, Sylvanas couldn't even keep a leash on her people, and Goblins cared nothing for honor or the Glory of the Horde, only their own lives, and pocket books. I don't understand why certain posters here can't see why he might even have a small bit of contempt for them. He did like the Tauren and appreciate the support they gave the Horde, he even respected Cairne. However, Cairne had to be a hothead and issue a non-fatal Mak'gora, and strike Garrosh, simply because he jumped to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike both. I slightly prefer Sylvanas, since she isn't dumb evil (and possibly boobs).

bewbs
    /10char
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Uhm.. so? Since when is "not listening to Garrosh" something evil?
    We're going to kill him in a raid, so I don't see the problem with that.
    She was disobeying him BEFORE he got turned into a Post-Great War Dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crapster View Post
    I think it's more the fact that people don't like Garrosh's character development. It seems like he went from honorable and well intentioned, if a bit reckless, at the start of Cata to a crazy, racist dictator by MoP, without a whole lot of in-between. It doesn't really make sense how he transformed. Sylvanas, on the other hand, makes sense as a character. Sure, they are both ruthless, but I think the "why" is what separates the liking for Sylvanas versus Garrosh.
    I was always under the impression that the reason for the sharp change in character was because of the overall hate for Garrosh. I figured Blizzard just wrote the story to kill him off to make everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.. Trying to use an evil source of power to enhance your own strength.
    Garrosh has never done such a thing :')

Oh yes, so he killed Cairne after that?
    Or did he send the Forsaken on a mission as cannon fodder after that?

Garrosh started his reign as an asshole with no respect for anyone except his loyal Orcs.
    Garrosh didn't mean to kill Cairne, they both agreed to the duel. His weapon was coated with poison behind his back by the Grimtotems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He commited treason during wartime and was punished. We don't actually know what she did to him.

A watered down piece of crap that didn't do anything.

This is a war, right? We're supposed to be able to kill our enemies with our weapons, right?
    This blight is useless.
    What did they test this crap on? Murlocs?
    Watered down garbage. Doesn't even slow 'em down.
    They're actually remarking upon the ineffectiveness of the plague against worgen and accusing their superiors of watering it down (because by ther logic it is the only way it could not work). The plague is at full strength, it just doesn't work well on worgen with their resistance. Later on in sfk Belmont tells Cromush that the plague he is spraying is only watered down (possibly a lie).
    Last edited by delus; 2013-08-20 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.. Trying to use an evil source of power to enhance your own strength.
    Garrosh has never done such a thing :')
    Heart of Y'shaarj =/= Varimathras. The Heart isn't plotting Garrosh's downfall behind his back, he's in full control.

Oh yes, so he killed Cairne after that?
    Or did he send the Forsaken on a mission as cannon fodder after that?

Garrosh started his reign as an asshole with no respect for anyone except his loyal Orcs.
    Cairne deserved it and Sylvanas deserved no respect. Cairne struck his Warchief, made false claims and challenged Garrosh to a duel...and Garrosh is the hothead? Lol

Sylvanas on the other hand, couldn't keep the leash on her abominations, cost plenty of Horde soldiers their lives, and is obviously in nothing more than an Alliance of cconvenience with the Horde, but she deserves respect, and so do her people, right?