Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Read the rest of that post to see her get angry at what happened to the Forsaken. It's more than just the Val'kyr pestering her.

Sylvanas was pretty pissed and emotional when she thought the Alliance were burning the Forsaken and the thought that they were being destroyed:

Within the city walls, bonfires raged. Sylvanas seethed; the Alliance was already burning the corpses. No. Wait. She tried to make sense out of the clouded vision. The few Forsaken who remain are throwing themselves into the bonfires, she realized, rather than facing their executioners.

"This isn't real!" Sylvanas announced, her voice echoing in her head and sounding as it had when she had been alive. Were her people really so weak? No—no! Garrosh had all but murdered the best of her troops in his own wasteful campaigns. The Forsaken leadership had been gutted. That was what these visions showed.
    And yet, it didn't stop her from abandoning them. She still stormed off into the void, leaving them to their fate.

Her anger there could also be taken another way. Sylvanas had always taken pride in her "warrior's heart," so her seething in that sequence could very well be coming from her wounded pride at seeing a group that she thought she had crafted into perfect weapons reduced to shambles.

I still interpret from that story that she only sees the Forsaken as a means to an end, and not as "her people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaBird View Post
    I always knew something was off with him in-game, but I just couldn't place it. Now I know.

His loading screen art, on the other hand...
    real orcs have nipples.

Because they can't be wed without a nipple ring.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-08-22 at 12:12 AM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Her story has been around as long as Arthas and Thrall. She is one of the original characters from the warcraft RTS series. Garrosh is just some little shit-spawn of Grommash.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-08-22 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Her story has been around as long as Arthas and Thrall. She is one of the original characters from the warcraft RTS series. Garrosh is just some little shit-spawn of Grommash.
    The ironic thing is, Garrosh has been around even back then, but he was such an unimportant character, so sidelined, people forgot all about him.
    So well ones like Thrall, Arthas, Sylvanas and Malfurion where, and are still main characters, Garrosh is just a fart on the wind.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason I used to like Shego more than Dr. Drakken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The ironic thing is, Garrosh has been around even back then, but he was such an unimportant character, so sidelined, people forgot all about him.
    So well ones like Thrall, Arthas, Sylvanas and Malfurion where, and are still main characters, Garrosh is just a fart on the wind.
    Really? I don't recall ever seeing Garrosh mentioned in either WC3 or TFT.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the square metre where i walk, Garrosh is ok, Sylvanas is pointless and expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Really? I don't recall ever seeing Garrosh mentioned in either WC3 or TFT.
    Nah, Garrosh was brought in in TBC. He's been pretty prominent ever since, really.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Sylvanas isn't necessarily just doing it for ehr own people. She wants the undead to have better numbers but it's to strengthen the Horde. She's loyal to at least Thrall and since he's the old warchief she's loyal to the Horde. Garrosh just turned into a paranoid, power hungry tyrant that attempted to destroy Thrall's horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Nah, Garrosh was brought in in TBC. He's been pretty prominent ever since, really.
    Huh, I'd not heard of him until cata. Though I only play alliance so that might be why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    he was there in beyond the dark portal, when horde forces escaping the alliance came upon nagrand and found the greatmother, and a younger garroshthere, who was sick with a disease called the red pox, throwing up blood and begging to know what became of his father. The other orcs where so disgusted by how weak he was, they spat in the mag'hars faces, saying (ironicly since garrosh says it now) that they are not orcs, and left nagrand with garrosh still pining for his father.

So yes, he has been in the lore before the events of wc3.
    #boycottchina

Style is a big factor. And part of that style is that Sylvanas is clever and manipulative, whereas Garrosh appears brutish, reckless and stupid. Especially since he appears to have taken no lessons from his Father's story.

While this thread is more or less concluded and 80% of the posts are just "CUZ SHE IS HOT AND HAS BOOBZ", I'll still post.

Technically speaking, Sylvanas is much worse than Garrosh in her own ways. She doesn't care about her people at all and only uses them "as protection" so she herself can live forever and never go off to the hell/purgatory she'll go to for trying to take her own life (lol spoilers).

Garrosh might be very racist and a power hungry idiot, but he still has a love for his people (even if it's a VERY tough kind of love) and is doing what he's doing to prove the Hellscream name and honor, or even surpass his father. I feel he wants to control the Sha so he can express that Orcs can be in control of their own destiny, and they're not just overwhelmed by more powerful creatures and turned to be slaves.

This message is hammered in further by him abandoning Gorehowl. It's symbolism to express him, in his own way, "surpassing" Grom and the other orcs, taking hold of a higher power instead of being enslaved to it, which makes Garrosh a fairly interesting character, all things considered and I like what they're doing with him (though the story telling itself is a little weak).

I think people hate Garrosh just because they see him as 'da big bad evil warman that all the other npcs hate', and like Sylvanas because the other NPCs don't have a direct vendetta against her and she isn't being made into the focal badguy of the expansion. Her tits are a fairly distant second to this, despite what everyone is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Style is a big factor. And part of that style is that Sylvanas is clever and manipulative.
    I agree with this, she is sleek and seductive. She uses cunning to get her way and while she is not completely evil per se she has alot to bring to the horde and the war.
    Hi

Well, I'm not hating Garrosh, because he's not worth of hate. Stupid mindless brute with no motives beside "ME CRUSH ARRGH!". I hate Blizzard for shifting lore into cartoonish villain 5 y.o. shit. Remember WoTLK? Arthas was scheming a lot, subtly gaining assistances from various Northrend factions and silently gathering resources to wage his war. That is what a true bad hero must do. Now look what Garrosh the Idiot does and compare it. He's talking about pride all the time - but what pride, actually? Assassination of Cairne Bloodhoof for sure was a very "prideful" act. Or maybe its the destruction of Theramore? Yeah, another prideful act. Stupid spoiled kid, with brains similar to ones of a teaspoon. In fact, I'm ashamed that we have to waste our precious heroes' time to get rid of such a moron. We, who fought and defeated Old gods, and even Sargeras himself... what a waste.
    Sylvanas, from the other side, is very subtle and accurate. She is scheming something - and noone really knows what exactly. Just like LK did. I won't be surprised when actually something involving her shoots in a next expansion. Or maybe while a new Warchief will be elected. Whatever she does, she owes our respect for her style. Oh, and she's hot, of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Assassination of Cairne Bloodhoof for sure was a very "prideful" act.
    How was that an assassination? Cairne was the one who initiated the challenge and it was a (seemingly) honorable fight. Garrosh had no way of knowing that Magatha poisoned his weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm really surprised we're killing Garrosh this expansion instead of Sylvanas.
    Shoulod she ever become Warchief there is no choice, but to put her down, since she would put garrosh to shame, but she leads only a single faction and as such is hardly a threat to the world.

People like her because she's hot ruthless elven woman, and both men and women are stupid enough to always fall to that "hot and dangerous" types.

And Garrosh.. what's there to like? Did you see the trailer? I like girls with daddy issues, but guys with daddy issues make me vomit. Garrosh is no orc, he's an ogre. Anorexic one, so he looks like an orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The boy is either a master troll, professional pain in the ass, or a dung-tossing primate. Then again, why compromise? All three needn't be mutually exclusive, and exist together in harmony among people I stumble across every day.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-badass-hero

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    How was that an assassination? Cairne was the one who initiated the challenge and it was a (seemingly) honorable fight. Garrosh had no way of knowing that Magatha poisoned his weapon.
    no, but he had ways not to demand the duel was a duel for death, and not to slash cairne's neck killing him instantly. the poison just paralyzed him.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, but he had ways not to demand the duel was a duel for death, and not to slash cairne's neck killing him instantly. the poison just paralyzed him.
    He gave Cairne the option to back down, but instead Cairne accepted to battle to the death terms. Garrosh had every right to give that option. Cairne was challenging him for leadership over the Horde.