Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Making gold from nothing

I have played wow for years now, and always had this same issue: running out of gold

People say that its easy to get money in wow, but yet I cant find out how exactly it happens. I know about auction house flipping, but I have no clue about it. Last time I read about tips about what should be bought and sold, I tried to buy lots of ghost iron ore and broke them with jc into various gems. There were no profit, only lost gold.

I have no idea about where to start studying, what I need to buy or farm?

get all your 90s exalted with tillers and spam enigma seeds for selling flowers and golden lotus, with 2-4 farms you can make an easy 1k plus a day for 10 mins work or just stock them up and sell in a bigger bulk.

I'm myself JC/transmute alchemist, and making some money for buying lots of kyparite/ghost iron ores (usually if price is below 1,90-2,00g per ore or so, just buying all ores if they are enough cheap vs meta gem prices), prospecting those and transmuting rare gems from prospects to primal diamonds, which I then cut to actual usable metagems, depending prices in AH at that moment. I'm also looking cheap Golden lotuses, which I can use with common gems to transmute different kind of rare gems, if I miss some of those three rare gems for the Primal diamond transmute, which needs 3x2 rare gems (2x Wild Jade/Vermillon Onyx/Imperial Amethyst). Some days I have done 7k extras, somedays 1-2k, but with prospecting, transmuting and then cutting them to metagems I just can't usually lose any money.

Propably depends servers too how things are selling in AH, what the prices are etc.

PS. sorry for my crappy english :P

If I remember it was a game to simply prospect ore and the green gems were made into necklaces and the blues were then cut into gems. The necks were then DE to get mats and everything was then sold. I can't say if that works any-more.

Also alchemy is always and easy income of small amounts of gold. Simply use your transmute each day and little by little earn some.

Doing LFR is really easy especially if your a tank its is easy to get into quickly. That and the daily scenario/heroic works.

Also reduce your overheads. Don't spend money unless you actually need to. Do you really need that new pet on the Ah? If not leave it the fuck alone.

Finally do some fucking dailies. Even the simply ones will net you around 500-1k per day if you do them. You never get rich fast. You get rich slowly.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Easiest way of getting gold; Doing dailies & not spending it on stuff you don't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    i raid that's it lol

somehow i manage to get gold from it, i never sell anything haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Having gold isn't hard. It's really just two things: 1) Don't spend frivolously, 2) do obvious, easy things to make gold.

Spending - Sure, spend on enchants, gems etc that you need to make your character better, but don't spend thousands on stuff that you don't really need. This should be obvious. If you want that frivolous stuff you can have it, but hten you'll need to focus more on making gold.

Income - Gather as you level. Skinning is great since you're killing things anyway as you level but it's less useful at max level since most quests don't have you killing skinnabke mobs. Mining and herbing are useful too. Farming in this sense will give you a steady trickle of income. It won't make you rich, but a few hundred here and there and you end up with real gold over time. Level and enchanter so you can DE greens you get from LFR/LFR, quests etc. Use your professions to do easy things like transmutes - if you have an alchemist, you have a Living Steel xmute that takes 6 trillium bars as input. If 6x trillium is much cheaper than a LS, buy those bars, xmute them and sell the LS. It might only net you 100g... but if you can do that daily that's 3000g/month for 2 minutes of work Ever prof has something like this (enchanters can create Sha Crystals, etc).

Don't hoard things - sell stuff if you're not going to use it shortly. Cloth, leather, etc. Also, never vendor things above white quality. Dont', for example, vendor green gear. DE it (or get a friend to, etc) and sell the resulting mats.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    get all your 90s exalted with tillers and spam enigma seeds for selling flowers and golden lotus, with 2-4 farms you can make an easy 1k plus a day for 10 mins work or just stock them up and sell in a bigger bulk.
    pretty much this, it's about 200-250g per char doing enigma seed (5 golden lotus + some herbs)
    it's a crappy gain but add a little of AoE farming (just write "MoP aoe farm" on google for plenty of spots) and you're on a good 2-3k in 1 hour of work, then you can easily afford to raid for 4 hours at least

This expansion has brought with it possibly one of the quickest ways I've ever seen to make gold in wow, farming pets (almost as lucrative as soloing the newest raids trash for trash drops, like back in FL). I have sold pets for many thousands of gold, not counting the ji-kun bird pet that one is rare.

Deleted
    Just read these forums. If people put effort in then its easy to make a steady flow of cash with just an understanding of basic economics. Loads of threads on this so abit pointless repeating the same advice. If you dont put effort in then you wont make anything.

Best way to make money on the AH; find a market for something and milk the shit out of it. A lot of the time, that means farming lower level leather or enchanting mats. Herbs and ore can get you a lot of gold but you're usually fighting a ton of other players who decided to level those profs for the easy gold aspect.

Deleted
    Well that first tip about tillers and not vendoring greens and dailies ofc was something concrete. The problem with rest of the advices is that they are so generalized, and since I have no idea where to even start researching relevant information regarding gold making, they dont really help much. The result is, that I just end up afking in sw/orgrimmar having no clue what should I do now.

But what I have heard is that dailies atleast, are not the way rich people made their fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Well that first tip about tillers and not vendoring greens and dailies ofc was something concrete. The problem with rest of the advices is that they are so generalized, and since I have no idea where to even start researching relevant information regarding gold making, they dont really help much. The result is, that I just end up afking in sw/orgrimmar having no clue what should I do now.

But what I have heard is that dailies atleast, are not the way rich people made their fortune.
    The rich people made their fortune by playing the AH, which is extremely generalized but all there really is to say. There's no magical step by step process. You need a solid understanding of economics and lots and lots and lots of patience.

Either that or get in to the best raiding guild on a high pop realm and start selling raid clears and challenge mode runs for loads of gold.

Deleted
    From nothing? Farm random pandaria mobs for spirits of harmony (if you have a prof, and then farm mats) or 5g grey items.

Once you have 5-10 gold, do what Kenn9530 said in the 2nd post, and get your tillers rep up.

While waiting for your crops to grow do other dailies, lvl 85-90 quests, and that should already net you with quite some pocket change.

So there you have it, gold from nothing.

Deleted
    When I am looking at auction house and trying to look for stuff that has lower total cost for all its reagents than the cost of the end item, I cannot find such items. All items in AH have same price as their reagents in total.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The JC shuffle is stupid for making money, Like stupidly easy, you triple your money most of the time if you have the correct proffesions to side it with, I prospect, then send over the gems for transmuting primals to my Alch, then make a few hundred rings and necks, I sell the blue proc ones on the AH for a few hundred and then send the rest over to my Enchanter to DE, then throw hundreds of enchants onto Vellums and sell them, It really is easy once you figure it out.

Then ofcourse there is just the fact of use your proffesions, I don't know any profession out there you can't make gold from, You've just got to do research into it and figure out what it is sells best on your realm.

Deleted
    I have JC max and enchanting

Deleted

dungeons and quests add up to your gold, in the background. You think youre beating the crap out of mobs, but you gain 20ish gold per dungeon, plus what people loot/5 and then people used that money to play the Ah before buying all other stuff you may be buying. I don't even really know how hard gold is to obtain for the poor anymore, though I don't play the AH.

Deleted
    I make lots and lots of gold through jewelcrafting. Simply tjek the prices of the gems, and make the gems that sell for the most. Also being a little clever about it does help. Gems that gives parry, dodge ect doesn't sell as well as gems with mastery/int/str/agi. After a little while doing this, you'll easily be able to see what gems sell the best, and therefore which gems you should continue crafting.

Make sure you do research every day, if you hvae yet to discover more gems.

I have played wow for years now, and always had this same issue: running out of gold

People say that its easy to get money in wow, but yet I cant find out how exactly it happens. I know about auction house flipping, but I have no clue about it. Last time I read about tips about what should be bought and sold, I tried to buy lots of ghost iron ore and broke them with jc into various gems. There were no profit, only lost gold.

I have no idea about where to start studying, what I need to buy or farm?
    Best thing I can tell you is stop using the AH. You really don't need to buy anything from there. Other then that working your farm will make you profits. Also having your characters in your own guild will get you rewards with cash flow from everything in the game.

Ore shuffle is a decent way to make gold don't get me wrong again you have to deal with everybody else doing the same thing.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...