Ra-den tips! Please help!

I have seen some pov's of rogues doing some easy job at the ra-den encounter, just getting out of the boss to kill the anima ball and/or to get that unstable vita, i dont think that there is some other job to do, but I'm here more like to know what talents or any other gadget(addon, itens, anything haha) could help me at this fight!

Eng/LW 600 just to help you guys to help me haha

-sorry for the english, but this one aint my main language-

ty all

Nothing really, the fight is pretty straightforward and there's no real trick to it as a rogue. If you're running 25man you might want to spec cheat death in case your raid needs you to soak phase 2 balls.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    If you're running 25man you might want to spec cheat death in case your raid needs you to soak phase 2 balls.
    sorry, should have told, i'm raiding 10m!

In that case just run elusiveness. Oh, since 10man usually have the add in melee as well, spec Prey on the Weak and make sure you're the one using the first stun on the add.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    In that case just run elusiveness. Oh, since 10man usually have the add in melee as well, spec Prey on the Weak and make sure you're the one using the first stun on the add.
    good to know that they are stunnable!

Tricks your tank when the stalker spawns. Try to get a full kidney on it about half health, or when Ra-den is at full energy about to Fatal Strike.
    While you can cloak the Vita Sensitivity and catch Unstable Vita twice, it's a huge loss for you to have to stay out with it. Try to avoid being in the rotation.
    Ignore the orbs entirely in the last phase. Unless you're 3 healing and have very weak dps it's better to let him eat the small heal.

Deleted
    shuriken toss 8))

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    shuriken toss 8))
    Which costs having Anticipation, even further exacerbating the loss as well as wasting trinket procs.

I hate Ra-Den so bad, having to pick up bloody Shuriken Toss due to our ranged being lazy

But yeah, it's quite easy as a Rogue: Nuke boss, Shuriken Toss on adds if you are forced to or attack it when it comes into melee range if not (only a ~2 sec window or so if you don't want to risk getting Unstable Vita on you)

Run out to whatever positions you have set up for stacking for the Vita (if you're only running 1 melee you shouldn't really need to be in the rotation)

P2: Nuke the boss, just literally ignore every single orb.

Oh and also, depending on how you do it, pick up the Elusiveness talent and keep Feint up before every Essence of Vita you let through to reset stacks.

Also, if you end up having to pick Shuriken Toss, this macro is quite useful:

/target Essence of Anima
    /cast Shuriken Toss

You should also have it on an easily spammable hotkey for when you're standing out to get the Vita debuff so you can keep doing dps. (Both normal Shuriken Toss for boss and the macro'ed one.)

Deleted
    When you get comfortable with the fight you can stay with anticipation and still help on adds etc. Since in 10 man the vita only jumps every 12 sec or so, you have plenty of time to go out and dps the add if you keep an eye on the vita buff, just make sure it recently jumped before you go so you have time to kill it and get back to melee before vita is about to jump.

When/if you're in the rotation you can go back into melee and dps a little if you're aware of how quickly you can get back to the assigned spot with vita and whatnot.

And as others have said, if you're 2 healing you can and probably should just ignore orbs in p2 if you have strong dps. If 3 healing, soak the red orbs until 25% or so then ignore (provided you have enough people to rotate since a heavy CD is needed and you can only soak once).

As for the crackling adds, you should use both Prey on the weak and Nerve Strike.

I found speccing Marked for Death very valuable.

/tar crackling
    /cast marked for death
    /cast kidney shot

Nice 6sec Stun for every crackling stalker right away. Helps alot avoiding raid dmg - especially when you have no absorb on the raid.

Elusiveness as a talent > Leeching on this fight.
    Others don't really matter, but don't bother with ST. Stick with Anticipation. If you are in the rotation get up a full rupture right before you leave Melee range to keep your damage rolling as much as possible. DPS is not really a problem on this fight, so the downtime might hurt your overall DPS but it's not a factor in the kill.

Glyphs I run with:
    Expose Armor (I have to apply it in my 10man... QQ)
    Vendetta (DEEPS)
    Smoke Bomb (extra time for our raid CD in phase 2)

I guess if you don't need the raid CD or apply Expose, you could swap either for Feint which would help you in phase 2 by not having to spam it as much. (Don't be a jerk to your healers, make their lives easy and use Feint.)

Cheat Death isn't really needed - you shouldn't be dying on this fight. If your tank survives, it's a loot pinata.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigapples View Post
    If you are in the rotation get up a full rupture right before you leave Melee range to keep your damage rolling as much as possible.
    Thats some horrible reasoning. There is no inherent benefit to having damage rolling on the boss while you run away over instant damage applied after you get back / before you run away so you should just hit whichever nets you the most total damage. Though if you weren't actually in the spot on your dps rotation where you needed to refresh rupture, its probably a good idea to wait till you get back to hit envenom so that you benefit from the buff. Only put up that full rupture if it would have been a dps gain anyway. And really 8-10 seconds is all you should be out which is what, a 1 pt rupture or ~ 1/3 of a full rupture? If you are taking longer than that, there is something far more important you can change than you ruptures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Thats some horrible reasoning. There is no inherent benefit to having damage rolling on the boss while you run away over instant damage applied after you get back / before you run away so you should just hit whichever nets you the most total damage. Though if you weren't actually in the spot on your dps rotation where you needed to refresh rupture, its probably a good idea to wait till you get back to hit envenom so that you benefit from the buff. Only put up that full rupture if it would have been a dps gain anyway. And really 8-10 seconds is all you should be out which is what, a 1 pt rupture or ~ 1/3 of a full rupture? If you are taking longer than that, there is something far more important you can change than you ruptures.
    Obviously if you have a Rupture already applied that still has a good 10 seconds left, you wouldn't reapply. If it's about to fall off and that means you'll be off the boss for a good 10-15 seconds, and you have the CPs or Anticipations saved up (which you should since you know that your turn is coming) it would be a DPS gain to reapply a long Rupture right before you step out of melee range.

Of course, DPS isn't really an issue in this fight so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

My 2 cents.

Melee running for orbs is very dangerous unless you are REALLY watching timers. We wiped a few times because we would go and chase an orb and get tagged with the chain lightning and kill the whole raid. Either you have too much melee or your range needs to step it up, but like i said comp should hold you back, just watch timers and act accordingly.

Run Nerve Strike and Prey On The Weak, 10% increased damage taken and 50% reduces damage output on the add will really make the fight easier. We had out Pally HoJ the add when it came in melee range, i would pool for energy and made use of redirect when it was up and stun the add and then the DK would grip im out of the melee clump. Even if he blows up on the group it only did 250k and the damage during phase one is already nothing to worry about.

Use feint as often as you can, even if it means costing you some dps, during all of phase 2 i had feint up 99% of the time and phase 1 if hit it when it get chained or when an orb/add would explode.

TLDR:
    Nerve Strike
    Prey On The Weak
    Dont chase orbs
    Stun/Kill Crackling add everytime
    Fein up all the time

/watch?v=lO2Ua-s1ZOg

Edit:
    Talents/Gylphs

Shadow Focus - Allows good eb and flow for opens
    Nerve Strike - Reduced the damage the add does by 50%, not confirmed it works on the explosion but only 250k
    Elusiveness - Great for this fight and almost every fight
    Burst of Speed - No use
    Prey on the Weak - 10% increased damage to the add
    Anticipation - Must have, no questions asked

Glyph of vendetta - dps
    Glyph of smoke bomb - very important for phase 2
    Glyph of sprint - Important for milking dps before having to step out for your turn, faster than burst of speed and doesnt cost energy and you will most likely always have sprint up when you need to run out.
    Last edited by Bippster; 2013-08-27 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bippster View Post
    My 2 cents.

Melee running for orbs is very dangerous unless you are REALLY watching timers. We wiped a few times because we would go and chase an orb and get tagged with the chain lightning and kill the whole raid. Either you have too much melee or your range needs to step it up, but like i said comp should hold you back, just watch timers and act accordingly.

Run Nerve Strike and Prey On The Weak, 10% increased damage taken and 50% reduces damage output on the add will really make the fight easier. We had out Pally HoJ the add when it came in melee range, i would pool for energy and made use of redirect when it was up and stun the add and then the DK would grip im out of the melee clump. Even if he blows up on the group it only did 250k and the damage during phase one is already nothing to worry about.

Use feint as often as you can, even if it means costing you some dps, during all of phase 2 i had feint up 99% of the time and phase 1 if hit it when it get chained or when an orb/add would explode.

TLDR:
    Nerve Strike
    Prey On The Weak
    Dont chase orbs
    Stun/Kill Crackling add everytime
    Fein up all the time

/watch?v=lO2Ua-s1ZOg

Edit:
    Talents/Gylphs

Shadow Focus - Allows good eb and flow for opens
    Nerve Strike - Reduced the damage the add does by 50%, not confirmed it works on the explosion but only 250k
    Elusiveness - Great for this fight and almost every fight
    Burst of Speed - No use
    Prey on the Weak - 10% increased damage to the add
    Anticipation - Must have, no questions asked

Glyph of vendetta - dps
    Glyph of smoke bomb - very important for phase 2
    Glyph of sprint - Important for milking dps before having to step out for your turn, faster than burst of speed and doesnt cost energy and you will most likely always have sprint up when you need to run out.
    Feint glyph will actually be better if you're talking about DPS.