Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    Yup, because of all your complaining about druids casting entangling roots on you.
    As I already said:

Healers and casters with a melee on top of them have to worry about interrupts.
    Hunters do not.

Roots are vital to the their essence, while on hunters it is a rediculous bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I really don't understand why hunters still have disengage roots, when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.
    It's not like it is a vital part of their existance any more. I see it more as a faceroll bonus.

What's the catch?
    What's the catch with all the other ranged classes that has a root/roots?

hunters need the root to help get melee such as DK's that negate disengage put of their face

10+ Year Old Account
    They are still alot tankier than other classes.
    No they are not, the kiting and defensive use of offensive cds may make it seem so.
    But hunters are one of the squishiest classes ingame.
    Hunters have no on use shield wall/last stand ability.
    All hunters have are deterrence, sac and a flat 15%dmg redu *soon to be 10%.

Rogues Warlocks Priests Druids Warriors Paladins Monks Dks all have better defensive cds, the only classes you could argue has worse are mages & shamans.
    The only reason they are not always the sole focus target in arenas is because hunters hardly gets any penalty from being focused.
    You can still cc & dps just fine as a hunter while being attacked.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2013-08-19 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    No they are not, the kiting and defensive use of offensive cds may make it seem so.
    But hunters are one of the squishiest classes ingame.
    Hunters have no on use shield wall/last stand ability.
    All hunters have are deterrence, sac and a flat 15%dmg redu *soon to be 10%.

Rogues Warlocks Priests Druids Warriors Paladins Monks Dks all have better defensive cds, the only classes you could argue has worse are mages & shamans.
    The only reason they are not always the sole focus target in arenas is because hunters hardly gets any penalty from being focused.
    You can still cc & dps just fine as a hunter while being attacked.
    You missed the part where deterrence causes all attacks to miss effectively making them immune unless dotted. it can be buffed with a glyph to add extra reduction, and also buffed to spell reflect.

The issue with hunters always stems from them being ranged without disadvantages of casting.

Total mobility, no pushback/interrupts, control and damage that cannot be stopped without CCing both the hunter and his sidekick. That makes them hard counter cloth, the root makes them hard counter melee as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why hunters still have disengage roots, when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.
    It's not like it is a vital part of their existance any more. I see it more as a faceroll bonus.

What's the catch?
    Why shouldn't root be used for Hunters? If you are a Melee you already see the use it has, it makes you unable to hit the Hunter. It would be the same argument with Balance Druids, why do they have a Knockback when they have roots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You missed the part where deterrence causes all attacks to miss effectively making them immune unless dotted. it can be buffed with a glyph to add extra reduction, and also buffed to spell reflect.

The issue with hunters always stems from them being ranged without disadvantages of casting.

Total mobility, no pushback/interrupts, control and damage that cannot be stopped without CCing both the hunter and his sidekick. That makes them hard counter cloth, the root makes them hard counter melee as well.
    Deterrence does not offer hunters more survivability than the classes mentioned, just like mages does not gain more survivability than those classes just because it has ice block. It has a short duration, its a lifesaver yes but does nothing to keep you from dropping low again a heartbeat just after. Its function is that of cheat death.
    The only thing deterrence has going for it is that it cant be cheesed by dispelling.
    Taking out a rogue/dk/lock/shadowpriest/warrior/druid/monk will all take more effort and longer time.

For the same reason warrior have charge.

hey whats the catch with melee classes with ranged stuns like dks, and warriors. Whats the catch with classes with root and snare breaks? whats the catch with druids shifting every snare/root in the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

i wouldnt say a root makes them a hard counter to melee. Kill bm pet and pretty much game over bro and its pretty easy to kill the pet in 3v3. Also the root is the only good aoe cc hunter have when u compare them to other ranged like the aoe fears, novas, roots, knock back, stun , etc

also the big thing with deter is when you pop it all your damage stops, its not like a shield wall or lock bubble or touch of karma that you can continue to dps when used

10+ Year Old Account
    All I've got to say is that I'm glad they're making it dispellable next patch.

I would yell at my monitor every time I found a hunter who had the talent in a Silvershard Mines RBG who used it to web the whole team as they were trying to get into the cart. I was more irritated that it couldn't be dispelled. My main is a priest, and I can dispel druid/shaman/mage roots but not the hunter webs? Seems like an eternity to be stuck in it when you need to be somewhere too.

As for my hunter alt though, it does make me curious about who will actually still take the talent if the root will be dispellable, unless they're planning on not playing against teams that have healers (RBG or arenas).

I did not think the root was a get away mechanic, I always thought of it as a "here is how skilled hunters land traps" mechanic. So currently traps get eaten by teammates a lot so you either have to cross CC to land traps or waste long pet CDs to land traps. Good hunters will use web root to either lock a player down for trap and use scatter to stop the trap eater, or use web root to stop the trap eater and land the scatter/trap.

I think it will still be used much in the same way, it will just take more care on the hunter's part to know when dispel is not up so the healer cannot dispel their trap eater out of root and you can land a full trap.

Disengage itself is enough of a melee deterrent, the web root was always taken not to be lazy with melee (an advantage certainly to mid level hunters) but as a tool to do their primary job which is land CC and control mobility.

Deleted

What's the catch?
    You come to these forums expecting an intelligent discussion. This makes me think you havent posted here before.
    These forums are full of ignorants defending their class through thick and thin despite it being the most overpowered class atm.

I would just unsubscribe to the thread and back away and never look back. Logic and reasoning doesnt work on these mouth breathers

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when playing a hunter before the removal of deadzone. It demanded quite a bit of skill when facing talented opponents in fact it was the only reason I made my first hunter.
    I'm glad it is becoming dispellable, hunters are a joke in PvP nowdays but primarily cos of BM being retarded. This change and the rest of the changes might, just might make other hunter specs than noskill noob BM viable for mainstream PvP and it would make me very happy
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    What I don't understand is why the disengage root is undispellable, but yeah atleast that's getting changed next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I don't see why Hunters shouldn't have roots.

Why can Druids root, when they can be in combat at range? Same with Mages and their freezes, etc.

Just because of having no deadzone doesn't mean that roots should be taken away from that class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post

Why can Druids root, when they can be in combat at range? Same with Mages and their freezes, etc.

Just because of having no deadzone doesn't mean that roots should be taken away from that class.
    Well.. The deadzone was a tradeoff for other abilites and then they removed the deadzone but kept their abilities.

Its pretty clear isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post

The argument is that classes are designed in such a way where certain skills, ie roots, are vital to their existance. If a caster can't root, melees will always be on top of them, potentially interrupting them and that would undermine them greatly. Hunter's can do great even if the melee is on top of them.
    When hunter had the deadzone, slowing, kiting, rooting was vital to their playstyle. Because they couldn't attack at blank point.
    But the deadzone was removed yet roots remained.

That's like going to a restaurant ordering a well done steak. To find out that your steak is not to your liking. So you ask another steak, which is good you enjoy it but demand to eat the old steak as well which you didn't like. You can't have it all your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    The catch is they don't get the speed boost or reduced disengage cooldown
    Hunters never have those things. They just have the cheeseball magical root that isn't magic and lasts for 8 seconds somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Hunters never have those things. They just have the cheeseball magical root that isn't magic and lasts for 8 seconds somehow.
    I know, right. It's almost as if classes are different.

Deleted
    The argument is that classes are designed in such a way where certain skills, ie roots, are vital to their existance. If a caster can't root, melees will always be on top of them, potentially interrupting them and that would undermine them greatly. Hunter's can do great even if the melee is on top of them.
    When hunter had the deadzone, slowing, kiting, rooting was vital to their playstyle. Because they couldn't attack at blank point.
    But the deadzone was removed yet roots remained.

That's like going to a restaurant ordering a well done steak. To find out that your steak is not to your liking. So you ask another steak, which is good you enjoy it but demand to eat the old steak as well which you didn't like. You can't have it all your way.
    terrible analogy is terrible, speaking of steak its clear you got some beef. Got owned by a hunter?
    Too many baddies in here

Keep it constructive please. ~Snuggli
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-08-20 at 02:03 AM.