Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do hunters still have root?

I really don't understand why hunters still have disengage roots, when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.
    It's not like it is a vital part of their existance any more. I see it more as a faceroll bonus.

What's the catch?

10+ Year Old Account
    The root is being nerfed next patch so it'll be dispellable. Besides that, the root breaks on damage so next patch it'll be nerfed quite hard as it was used to root melee off of you, giving your healer some time to heal you and to secure a trap.

And even with the root hunters are still dying a lot in arena.

They can attack from 0 yards and they can't be interrupted, but they die fast in melee range. It's no different than Mages, as a Mage you don't even cast that many spells, just Frost Bomb and Polymorph, and they have quite a few roots. It's to get away as an escape mechanism.

Besides, Hunters that use the Disengage root talent are probably bad, because the CD reduction talent is better 99% of the time. So I wouldn't worry about it.

The catch is they don't get the speed boost or reduced disengage cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I really don't understand why hunters still have disengage roots, when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.
    It's not like it is a vital part of their existance any more. I see it more as a faceroll bonus.

What's the catch?
    a longer cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

So basically you are claiming that the catch is that you lose out on the other two tier talents, when according to statistics 85% of BM hunters choose disengage roots?

Wouldn't that be if I was a warrior with 3 overpowered talents on the same tier:

for instance,

Talent A avatar granting root and slow immunity
    Talent B old taste for blood
    Talent C 20 second shockwave

That I would defend one or another on the logic of what I am missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Besides, Hunters that use the Disengage root talent are probably bad, because the CD reduction talent is better 99% of the time. So I wouldn't worry about it.
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-2-0.html

Considering 85% of BM hunters (the PvP spec) over 2.2k use the root talent, I dare say that you're flat out wrong.

Please explain why there needs to be a catch with disengage root?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    Please explain why there needs to be a catch with disengage root?
    when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.

when they can attack at 0 yards and cannot be interrupted.
    and that equates to roots being uneeded, how?

and that equates to roots being uneeded, how?
    that equates to having a toy the other kids do not.

Rooted melee = 0 damage
    Healers and casters with a melee on top of them have to worry about interrupts.

that equates to having a toy the other kids do not.

Rooted melee = 0 damage
    Healers and casters with a melee on top of them have to worry about interrupts.
    You should understand that warcraft is a class based game, every class is different.
    and any smart caster or healer will get away from melee to prevent them from getting on top of them so they dont have to worry about interrupts

You should understand that warcraft is a class based game, every class is different.
    and any smart caster or healer will get away from melee to prevent them from getting on top of them so they dont have to worry about interrupts
    Ok then give me root and slow immunity on Avatar, and when you keep dieing I will defend it by saying every class is different.

Concerning interrupts, EVERY caster will worry about them sooner or later. There are plenty of situations where it is not possible to get that space to cast freely. Hunters have the luxury to never worry about them AND on top of that luxury, a toy -aoe roots- to make it even easier.

Honestly, it sounds like a hunter rooted you and you died, so you came here to QQ about it.

Honestly, it sounds like a hunter rooted you and you died, so you came here to QQ about it.
    Does it also sound like:

I am fat,
    I am poor,
    I click,
    I keyboard turn,
    I mouthbreath,
    I pay for sex,
    I have a small penis

etc?

Because hunters aren't the most tanky of classes and most ranged classes being in melee means your going to be taking a beating which you are trying to avoid not taking. It's upside is that you root your enemies in place so you can run away and catch your breath get prepared to attack again the downside being you don't get that speed bonus or the reduction of the cooldown, along with the root being broken with damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it also sound like:

I am fat,
    I am poor,
    I click,
    I keyboard turn,
    I mouthbreath,
    I pay for sex,
    I have a small penis

etc?
    These are also strangely specific things.

Does it also sound like:

I am fat,
    I am poor,
    I click,
    I keyboard turn,
    I mouthbreath,
    I pay for sex,
    I have a small penis

etc?
    I wouldn't know : /. Why, do you?

Eh, personally I find Hunter pet CC the most aggravating.

But hey, the way Hunters have always worked is that they're super annoying until they run out of CDs and then splat, dead. Well unless you're melee and they're smart and they just kite you to eternity (not to mention their ridiculous burst *cough*).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I wouldn't know : /. Why, do you?
    but you do know that "Honestly, it sounds like a hunter rooted you and you died, so you came here to QQ about it."

Because hunters aren't the most tanky of classes
    They are still alot tankier than other classes.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-08-19 at 08:08 AM.

but you do know that "Honestly, it sounds like a hunter rooted you and you died, so you came here to QQ about it."
    Yup, because of all your complaining about druids casting entangling roots on you.