Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think its time Undercity, Silvermoon and Exodar gets a facelift?

Hi,

So in Cata we had a redesign of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Don't you guys think that in the next expansion (possibly the Dark Below) a redesign of Undercity, Silvermoon , Exodar and maybe Darnassus is in place?

Along with new char models it would be a great addon to the new expansion.

Thoughts?

They aren't used enough to be a worthy use of content. Orgrimmar + Stormwind revamp again please!

Not really,

These cities are rarely use (even though they do most of the facilities that SW/Org offer). Without Portals to CATA/Pandaria and mog/reforge trainers they serve little use beyond AHers.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I would like to see a revamp of those cities.

SW / Orgrimmar are overused

On a related note, I'd love for non-Orgrimmar or Stormwind cities to be the main cities next expac. For Dark Below, revamp Darnassus and Undercity... make Org and SW useless for 90-95.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...
    Indeed. While I'd love to see changes to the cities mentioned in the OP, it'd be useless unless they added vendors and portals as well. As someone who recently went from several years to only playing Horde, I really don't want to have to hang out in Orgrimmar. The city's layout is shit, and I can't find anything. Add portals to other cities and I'd hang out in Silvermoon or Undercity all the time!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    They're barely used because it's not convenient to do so. Portals to Pandaria and Cata zones (and I think blasted lands) are only foud in Org. As is Brawlers guild. The main story quests all lead out of there too.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!

15+ Year Old Account
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    They're barely used because it's not convenient to do so. Portals to Pandaria and Cata zones (and I think blasted lands) are only foud in Org. As is Brawlers guild. The main story quests all lead out of there too.
    Ports to Blasted Lands are in every city.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Not really,

These cities are rarely use (even though they do most of the facilities that SW/Org offer). Without Portals to CATA/Pandaria and mog/reforge trainers they serve little use beyond AHers.
    Well, they're not used because there's nothing there! Give them a facelift and BOOM, people

Deleted
    I would settle for having some portals and Etheral vendors in each of the cities so I can at least choose where I want to go.

Silvermoon and Exodar are unlikely to change unless they revamp the whole starting zones for those races, which personally I believe they should have done in cata and merged them into the vanilla map instead of being classed as outland. They're unlikely to do it now because of the amount of time and effort it would take.

Darnassus and Undercity were revamped for Cataclysm.

I'd like for them to make all capital cities relevant and dynamic, they all deserve to be hubs :P

Bilgwater Harbor is by far coolest, Azshara hub FTW!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    The artists that are spent working on character models can start on Silvermoon/Exodar, when they've completed their current task. The development time spent on the cash shop as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    On a related note, I'd love for non-Orgrimmar or Stormwind cities to be the main cities next expac. For Dark Below, revamp Darnassus and Undercity... make Org and SW useless for 90-95.
    A non Org or Stormwind city is the main city in this expac. The shrines in Pandaria are the current main cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Darnassus and Undercity were revamped for Cataclysm.
    Weren't they just tweaked a little to fit with flying mounts being available in EK/Kalim? Saying that Undercity was "revamped" sounds a bit.. wrong, when they really only changed the ruins on top of the city.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Theres no point

Nobody goes there and im sure blizz would rather spend resources on something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Exodar yes, Silvermoon yes, Undercity NO

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless they're going to have us do something there.