Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they could revamp all 3.. im not sure how you would fix UC though.. but id rather see Silvermoon and Exodar just allowed for flying.

People keep saying No because no one goes there, but if they gave the cities face lifts people would go there, and I mean how many times has blizzard said they want to get people into the world, and yet they funnel us to one major city. that is hypocritical, if they want people to go into the world, they should make all capital cities equal, with ports and etheral vendors and the like. C'mon blizz, its time to put your money where your mouth is and give players the choice of what city they want to chill in. I also think it should be every city not just UC, SM or Exo, but TB, Darn, IF, all of it. also while you're at it, give us a Goblin City, and redo gilneas and the worgen route so they have a real story beyond starting zone and not just piggybacked onto NE stuff

Deleted
    What comes to your mind when you hear the words „nightelf“ (prior to WoW)?
    By the name: dark, gloomy, dangerous, with spots of bright moonlight (night) + fine, curlicue, mystic (elf)
    By WC III: ancient, fierce, nature respecting, shadows, wilds, trees, many hiding areas, trees, bushes.

Not something like this however:

They did not catch the overall tune of the nightelf race to me at all in the city. The idea of teldrassil was nice – no question – but teldrassil does not feel like a tree. It feels more like a crater.. They should have reworked it to be more on a branch style zone and city like on an actual tree with cataclysm – this includes the risk of falling. But on the attempt to fall a nightelf rider will catch you and return you to the edge where you would have fallen down. Maybe with a debuff so you can’t constantly use it.
    Or burn the tree down and settle them on kalimdor mainland. But this way the potential was wasted. I was never this disappointed when I first entered a capital city.
    Exodar. It is a broken mess. Doesn’t feel ancient, nor somehow mystic (it is a freaking spaceship it should have a WOAH effect!). The same could be said about Silvermoon City. Pretty much underwhelming too. Does not feel epic nor ancient.

Ironforge is quite okay. It is actually the only available alliance city that looks like I expected same for TB.
    Never been much to UC but I think they should have utilized the ruins more and use more of the new forsaken architecture.
    And also Stormwind should have a revamp. To get the stormy windy theme of the name. leave out the canals, match the quarters closer together. More similar houses/architecture. less chaotic house planting. More transcendent look on top of a cliff with small and tight streets.

In addition: obviously add portals between the cities and all other services offered by ORG or SW.

I wouldn't mind them just making it so I can easily and justifiably spend my time away from the current expansion continent/zones in Undercity. Right now, it makes literally no sense for me to do that - so much shit isn't available to me in UC.

I kind of hate them for the whole "well, we wanted to make one of the cities feel alive so we didn't have it all spread out." - I give zero fucks for how many other people are in Undercity, I just want to be able to reasonably go there myself to handle my business.

I don't care much for Exodar though - I think the Alliance has it well enough with Stormwind and Ironforge, they were both pleasant (especially IF, I like the snow)

Silvermoon doesn't really need a re-vamp, it just needs the same things Exodar/UC/etc need - a reason to be there; more of the NPCs/utilities we can't find anywhere but fucking SW/Org and the panda shrines.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    They aren't used enough to be a worthy use of content.
    Pretty much this. I don't think they will get a revamp any time soon if at all. Though I'd love to see the Undercity be revamped since it's awful as it is. >-<

Deleted
    When i'm playing horde and need to use an AH, i always go to silvermoon as it's quieter, and they've got 2 AH's there
    When i'm playing alliance, i'll always use exodar for the AH as it's (again) quieter there.. Would love to know what they'll eventually uncover underneath all that digging (maybe it could be a portal to the next X-pac content)

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, it would be a complete waste of time and effort just so the vast majority of players can visit them once, say to themselves "ooh pretty" and then go back to SW/Org and never go back.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata
    I used to have my hearth set in IF too. I just generally preferred it (although I do remember using the old bank in the dwarf quarter (that now is a proper bank) as a hall for guild meetings - that was kinda good.

In my case, IF was just more convenient. It was central to most places in Eastern Kingdoms and just a short griffin ride away from Menethil if I needed to go to Kalimdor. I also miss the old Menethil - such a shame it sank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Darnassus and Undercity were revamped for Cataclysm.
    Well the outsides were... not the actual cities.

I do think it's time it happened, but it won't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Not really,

These cities are rarely use (even though they do most of the facilities that SW/Org offer). Without Portals to CATA/Pandaria and mog/reforge trainers they serve little use beyond AHers.
    Then give them that stuff, that way it's not inconvenient to be there, then newer features could be put in, say like the radiant stuff.
    People will tend to migrate to one place, but it means people will be there if they just don't like org like me.

If i had to choose between 1 new zone (maybe a new city), and a revamp of 2 old cities i would say the zone though, however i really do think they should make Quel' Thalas, Ghostlands, Azuremist Isle and Bloodmist Isle flying zones at last, since they have to pretty much add in more than just cardboard cutout buildings they may as well revamp the cities entries; can add new districts. The Dranei wouldn't have been on Azzeroth for this long and not expand the Exodar.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Heh, same. I really wish Blizzard would pull away from this whole "We need one major city where all the players spend their time per expansion" and just go back to letting us use whichever freaking city we want. It would take all of a day for them to plop down cloned vendors and portals to major areas in all of the cities, but they like forcing people into one city instead.
    To be fair, the only reason we feel compelled to use a particular city is because they decided to start creating portals everywhere. For BC the only portal was one that took you "near" the dark portal - didnt even take you to the new expansion. For LK they could have done the same with just a portal to SW Docks, cata wouldnt need one, and they could just keep the portal they have now to pandaria but put it in every city. However they provided many portals to different areas so generally people wanted to be where the portals were. If they went back to only one portal (from every city) to ONE place in or near each expansion - we wouldnt feel forced to be in one city. The only way they could solve this now is to either put portals everywhere (and we would hear many cries of "World of Portalcraft" again) or just remove all the convenience portals altogether (which would be about as popular generally). Yes other cities still need some NPCs (reforge etc) but thats easy.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Exodar. It is a broken mess. Doesn’t feel ancient, nor somehow mystic (it is a freaking spaceship it should have a WOAH effect!). The same could be said about Silvermoon City. Pretty much underwhelming too. Does not feel epic nor ancient.
    My impression of SMC as well. A bunch of hallways with balconies that you can't get to. Oh and you can wave to the dignitaries and they wave back. That's it. I used to levitate onto the buildings in SMC to have a peek, it's all a facade not meant to be seen from above. Like behind the scenes on a hollywood set with propped up walls and clipped surfaces, a hack job. It would be an enormous task to "fix" it.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    You can't find shit in Orgrimmar yet you have no problem with Undercity?
    A lot of people I know get lost in Undercity... however its design is pretty simple.... bank in the middle and four 8 AHs spread around the outer rim. Very quick from one to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Please, at the least that. I really don't want to go wherever we go in A Burning Legion expansion via more portals. I'd like a cutscene where we take off via the Exodar or a smaller Dimensional Fortress.
    Well.. Daleran was moved to where the action was in LK... why not relocate the Exodar to where the action is in the next one if the lore matches. Not sure what the horde will do though, silvermoon cant be moved the same way. If the horde get a "new" city and the alliance just get the Exadar moved its not going to be popular!

I'd rather they add all of the services that stormwind and orgrimmar have to every other city instead. I shouldn't be punished because I like Ironforge over Stormwind but I am.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

A non Org or Stormwind city is the main city in this expac. The shrines in Pandaria are the current main cities.
    the shrines dont have auction houses...which makes them tedious to stay in. most people are in org/sw all the time
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Well the outsides were... not the actual cities.
    Darn was given the Worgen tree, UC was given new green slime, yeaaaaay \o/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the shrines dont have auction houses...which makes them tedious to stay in. most people are in org/sw all the time
    Shrines are just like old Dala, those with Engi have AH

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Darn was given the Worgen tree, UC was given new green slime, yeaaaaay \o/
    Ah yes - forgot about that. Also a new FP inside the city not just in the village the other side of the portal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    They do... for engineers. I don't see why they can't just enable them for everyone, like they did in Dalaran currently.

I made an alt engineer in wotlk just because of this.

Deleted
    Its a real shame the other cities like Darnassus, Ironforge, Exodar, Silvermoon, Undercity and Thunder Bluff probably wont see a facelift. Was just saying to my wife who also plays that, Darnassus would look amazing with people roaming the streets, a touch of life into that place turns it from Elf ruins into a city. Silvermoon is the same, the layout is good and is only lacking people for some life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Its a real shame the other cities like Darnassus, Ironforge, Exodar, Silvermoon, Undercity and Thunder Bluff probably wont see a facelift. Was just saying to my wife who also plays that, Darnassus would look amazing with people roaming the streets, a touch of life into that place turns it from Elf ruins into a city. Silvermoon is the same, the layout is good and is only lacking people for some life.
    It's Blizzard's fault mainly for it being like that, they encourage it by putting everything in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, but then again you can't blame them since it's more convenient and the usual 'takes up less resources'.