Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have to admit... I thought I would see the typical "Remove LFD/LFR", "Remove flying mounts" and "Only one raid mode: Heroic" sort of crap, but some of those suggestions are actually reasonable. However, the fact the OP thinks that MoP is a fun and lighthearted expansion indicates that they didn't bother to actually play or even read any of the lore associated with it, as MoP is pretty dark the moment you get through the whole "Chubby pandas who love to eat and drink beer" part, which takes only a couple of quests on either side. Can't really comment on anything else as I've never liked PVP and have never except a few weeks been on a PVP server, so don't see what all the rage is about World PVP, and I could care less if they did anything with BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    MoP is one of the darker expansions without question...

I love when people try to pull this angle and they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
    first thing that comes to my mind is that people just say it cause pandas are cute and you just want to give them a hug, first impression gives you that atleast :P

I honestly think you should watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b4Gl681odo from wowcrendor. He says everything I could say on this only without sarcasm ... sorta, but he has a good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinko1989 View Post
    After playing a shit load of GW2 and coming back to WoW, it really struck me what was wrong imo.

1. Ppl are so fucking unfriendly and steal each other kills, nods w/e. Instead of enabling shared loot, kill. Don't think it can work, try GW2. Works like a fucking charm.
    2. Wait.. that's it. There a some few things, some extra mouseclicks here and there. But shared loot, xp, target would really make this game that "work-together" feeling it soo needs.
    This is actually something I would like to see. They are going in the right direction with shared quest monsters and rares in the isle of thunder, but they messed up with dungeon finder and removing the low level group quests earlier. Co-op is something they should work on.

Deleted
    Same old "Remuv flying bullshit"
    And warlock healing is... Warlocky, always been so.
    Vanilla is past, mop is now

10+ Year Old Account
    The only really interesting thing in the OP is 1, so I'll just put that part in the spotlight.

I actually have a question to ask: How much darker than MoP do you think a story can get? Honestly, the Scourge can go cry in a corner; they're not half as threatening, cruel or dark as what we've seen hiding beneath all that wonderful Asian-inspired architecture in MoP.

Have you paid attention to what happens in MoP? Have you looked past the beauty of the Jade Forest, have you seen what will happen to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms on patch day? Have you wasted a single thought on what the Sha are and what they cause in people? Have you listened to the story of the Klaxxi? Have you paid attention to Y'shaarj? Have you bothered to inform yourself about what happens in the Horde? How Garrosh treats what used to be his allies?

There is so much darkness in MoP if only you'd care to open your eyes and see it.

1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon) - I'd like a title that's less cheesy if possible and I really hope it was fake. If it does get that name, I'll accept it though. It's no use getting worked up over a few words strung together. The content counts, not the wrapping paper. Also, MoP is extremely dark. See above.

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers - If people wanted to do wpvp, they would do wpvp. What people want is to gank lowbies or do some 5 vs. 1 action.

3. No more dailies or at least fewer - Don't like them? Don't do them! That dailies were the only sources of charms at the beginning of MoP was unfortunate, but Blizz are gladly accepting feedback and acting according to it when deemed necessary.

4.Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff) - yeah, something like that should be fixed. But I don't care. I die, get up again and proceed with what I'm after. No use getting worked up about something as minuscule as that.

5. Hard heroics - challenge modes are in the game already.

6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only - be my guest. For as long as I am safe from that backwards-move on my server, Blizz can do to pvp-servers whatever they deem necessary (it's still a silly idea though - but for as long as you're not wasting MY time, go ahead with that move).

7. More unique classes. - Classes are fairly unique if you ask me. Specs could probably use a bit more identity, but even that has been improved loads since BC (just look at warlocks!).

8. Item stat/dmg/hp squish - already planned.

9. Longer BGs - why? I can understand that a good long Alterac is a lot of fun. But the other BGs aside from the timed ones like Warsong can be dragged out for ages already. And it doesn't necessarily make them more fun.

10. New char models - already planned.

So you see, half of the stuff you mention is already planned or taken care of. And the other half is stuff that you'd prefer but that would possibly get other people to quit. I don't know what Blizz would prefer, but I know that I would rather keep the people that already like my stuff instead of trying to win people back who I don't seem to be able to satisfy. Not everyone can be happy. I'll rather keep the happy people happy and not make them miserable just for a tiny chance to make a miserable guy happy again. That's way harder too. Cheering people up when they're sad is hard work, and you never know how long it'll last. Because, some people kind of feel the need to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    The game changed but not for the better imho, and the sub loss shows it.
    Actually, the sub loss would likely be terrible if the game wasn't changing for the better. We would see an exodus, not a very slow bleed. The current subscriber decline is simply due to the game's age, and the lives of its players.

The vanilla players are getting older and their lives are changing. The game is almost 10 years old and there are more alternatives out there than there were during TBC and WotLK.

The fact that there are still almost 8 million players after 10 years proves that the game is only getting better. It has to to keep that many people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think a good portion of people who quit/are quitting/threatening to quit will always come back at some point if not to check out the latest xpac. They have a buddy who entices them. Just an opinion of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

those ppl that are say that restricting flying mouts on pvp servers is stupid are idiots, since all world pvp has become now is the wow equivlent of hit and run

when a lvl 90 kills a low level for what ever reason and then retreats to the saftey of the skiys when ever anohter 90 apears, once they are gone the process repeats its self, and then you wondert why the population on certain servers are near "dead" status
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-08-19 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    Only vanilla, BC or WOTLK servers would bring me back.

In the meantime, there are far better games out there to play than

( enough of pandas and pokemon)
    Last edited by mmoc30fdbf551a; 2013-08-19 at 06:36 PM.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is my personal list of things it would take to bring me back in. Of course this list is not realistic, but it would take an awful lot to get me to resub.
    - Halt the grind/reduce repetition.
    - Stop catering to the lowest common denominator. Find a demographic and stick to it.
    - Put the RP back in MMORPG.
    - Make the factions more distinctive. Give them a real reason to fight/hate one another.
    - Bring back faction-only classes.
    - No flying mounts at all.
    - No dungeon finder of any kind.
    - Make dungeons more rewarding, less grindy.
    - Consolidate stats.
    - More focus on the war, less on general baddies.
    - Improve/modernize combat system.
    - More racial distinction in regards to stats and abilities.
    - Good writers.

This is a list of things that if implemented into WoW would bring me and possibly others back to the game.

Ive quit WoW back in 2011 at the beginning of Cataclysm (started in april 2008) because I was disappointed of the lack of Wpvp because of flying mounts being introduced everywhere in Azeroth.

So this is the list :

1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon)
    For me, this is also the number one wish and an essential condition to come back to WoW. Pandas and all the childish crap took away the warcraft feel from the game.

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers
    I don't PvP, but it would be nice if there was some PvP on PvE servers as well.

3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    I would like a one or two daily hubs/factions per patch. Anything beyond is just cumbersome, unfun grind.

4. Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    I don't PvP, so I don't care. Trying to balance classes for PvP actually hjas hurt PvE balance and unique feel of specs. I wish they could separate PvP specs.

5. Hard heroics
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I do faceroll heroics for less than a week. What a waste of dev time if players are not playing 5-mans after the first week of release.

6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only
    Why? Flying mounts at the beginning of a new expansion preclude devs from guiding player through a storyline and causes confusion. I'd rather do the quest hubs and zone in the intended order and not take shortcuts. Flying mounts should be unlocked through a heavy gold sink, ~50k-100K gold. Gives something for players to work towards.

7. More unique classes.
    Homogenization made the gameplay monotonic in groups. I would love to bring back some uniqueness to class designs. Also old talent trees!

8. Item stat/dmg/hp squish
    I wish they switched to new stats instead of squish. Like level 100 player has 10 (new)stamina and a new chest piece has 2 (new)stamina 1 (new)strength on it. They would of course have to find cool stat names for the level 100+ equivalents.

9. Longer BGs
    I am not familiar with the changes to battlegrounds in the last 2 years. Before that, they used to be fine.

10. New char models
    It would be nice, but for me, not a gamebreaker. I don't mind the current class visuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Typical post.

Couldn't take you serious after 1.
    If you actually paid any attention to the story, you would see Mists of Pandaria has a dark theme. It's filled with Anger, Despair, Hatred, etc etc and war and genocide. They aren't some cute cuddly race. Pokemon huh? Damn that's original.

2. and 3. are in 5.4
    Honestly not bothered with the rest.
    Don't expect it to change. It's millions of players obviously happy with the 'problems' > you, just incase you didn't know that.
    Stopped reading after second sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So more "maturity", more pvp and new models...

Well it's a PG12+, so the first won't happen. WoW has never been a pvp game, so that won't happen. The models however will happen... .
    PG12+ (isn't it PG13?) is irrelevant. Nobody is asking for more sex or violence or drugs. You can totally have PG12/13/whatever with a real warcraft game and do NOT need the childish crap, which would not make a sex/violence/drug themed game PG13 anyway. Vanilla through Cata had mature themes and they had the same PG13 rating as MOP-crap.

Hi,
    This is a list of things that if implemented into WoW would bring me and possibly others back to the game.

Ive quit WoW back in 2011 at the beginning of Cataclysm (started in april 2008) because I was disappointed of the lack of Wpvp because of flying mounts being introduced everywhere in Azeroth.

So this is the list :

1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon)

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers 3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    5. Hard heroics
    6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only 7. More unique classes.

8. Item stat/dmg/hp squish

9. Longer BGs

10. New char models

That's it !

Call me oldschool or whatever but if these things were to be implemented
    I would gladly come back to the game. Im sure the sub numbers would also go up.

Thoughts?

1) WoW was never mature or dark oriented. Did you even play WC3 when Panderans were introduced?

2) World PvP is meaningless unless there are tangible rewards and that it doesn't affect lowbies who can't fight back against level capped players.

3) I agree. Weeklies are better IMO.

4) Never gonna happen.

5) Blizzard did that in Cata. Didn't quite work so well. If they do introduce "hard" heroics it can't be made available in LFD because we saw what happened when random strangers were asked to CC mobs.

6) Stupid idea. You're basically asking for 2 types of games.

7) Unique classes = death to balance

8) They said this was gonna happen. But if it didn't, so what? How does it negatively affact you? Wanna go back to doing 2K crits? lol

9) Others won't like weekend BG's. Some want to farm conquest points quickly. People have lives, you know.

10) Hopefully. But then again, I won't be surprised if they don't make it to 6.0 because we know how conservative Blizzard can be with new ideas and player suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathnor The Flesher View Post
    This is my personal list of things it would take to bring me back in. Of course this list is not realistic, but it would take an awful lot to get me to resub.
    - Halt the grind/reduce repetition.
    - Stop catering to the lowest common denominator. Find a demographic and stick to it.
    - Put the RP back in MMORPG.
    - Make the factions more distinctive. Give them a real reason to fight/hate one another.
    - Bring back faction-only classes.
    - No flying mounts at all.
    - No dungeon finder of any kind.
    - Make dungeons more rewarding, less grindy.
    - Consolidate stats.
    - More focus on the war, less on general baddies.
    - Improve/modernize combat system.
    - More racial distinction in regards to stats and abilities.
    - Good writers.
    FOr the majority of what you typed:

Sounds like you just want vanilla/BC back.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You want a "mature" MMO? Go play one. WoW is rated T and it will stay that way.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Typical post.

Couldn't take you serious after 1.
    If you actually paid any attention to the story, you would see Mists of Pandaria has a dark theme. It's filled with Anger, Despair, Hatred, etc etc and war and genocide. They aren't some cute cuddly race. Pokemon huh? Damn that's original.

2. and 3. are in 5.4
    Honestly not bothered with the rest.
    Don't expect it to change. It's millions of players obviously happy with the 'problems' > you, just incase you didn't know that.

Typical post here too.

Don't bother if you don't actually want to post a retort..

Millions of players are happy, and millions of players are also quitting in record numbers

The only thing that would bring me back with any degree of regularity would be to drop the subscription cost. No matter what else changes, no game is worth that when there are so many other great games with no subscription. Aside from that though, I would certainly like to see a darker theme, removal of flying mounts, better class balance, less grinding, less emphasis on gear in competitive play, etc.

Don't worry, it has "dark" in the title!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    1) WoW was never mature or dark oriented. Did you even play WC3 when Panderans were introduced?

WoW was darker and more mature. MOP is a childish pos. WC3 is not WoW, but pandarens were nothing in WC3 either. It was not a playable race or anything, one NPC does not make WC3 pandashit the way MOP is. Get real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't worry, it has "dark" in the title!
    May be funny to you, but it is a positive indication for me that I might like the TDB, after the MOPcrap I hated to no end.

I really couldn't take you seriously after point #1.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    WoW was darker and more mature. MOP is a childish pos. WC3 is not WoW, but pandarens were nothing in WC3 either. It was not a playable race or anything, one NPC does not make WC3 pandashit the way MOP is. Get real.

- - - Updated - - -

May be funny to you, but it is a positive indication for me that I might like the TDB, after the MOPcrap I hated to no end.
    Are you 12? You must be. OOOOHHHH BLOOD! GORE! BOOBIES! CUSSING!