Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    The game changed but not for the better imho, and the sub loss shows it.
    You don't know that sub loss wouldn't have been even more if the game was left "as it used to be".... whatever that was.

There are lots of reasons the subs could be dropping.... Getting bored of an almost 10 year old game is probably quite high up the list. The teenagers and students who started playing this game in vanilla are now hitting their 30s with full time jobs and possibly even families.. Priorities change.

An old game with what are fairly dated graphics (I personally like the graphics style) isn't going to attract new players in the way it did 10 years ago no matter what happens in the game.

It's pretty narrow minded to make the link that sub numbers = game quality when you are talking about a game this old.... Most games don't even keep a decent sized player base for more than 1 - 2 years old so the fact this game has around 7 million players after all these years probably means the developers have done a very good job of making the right changes to the game.

Deleted
    I can only speak for myself, but I infact like it, that all those whiny bitches aren't part of WoW anymore and I'm glad they aren't coming back.

Besides that, totally disagree with most of the OP's suggestions.

I think it's nice to keep the people who are sick of 'Pokemon and Pandas' away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    The game changed but not for the better imho, and the sub loss shows it.
    Don't BS.
    SUb numbers work on how many people buy wow, how many people re sub and how many people un sub. The amount of people re subbing and un subbing could stay the same but the older the game gets the less people are going to buy it or new accounts created.
    Also every MMO in the past two years have had huge sub losses.
    Also those are things YOU want. It might surprise you to learn that there are other people who play and ALL of them want something different.
    You might be surprised to find that this isn't the first "Blizz implement these featuers and I'll come back" list. If you took all the 10 things that would bring me back lists you would have a list of 300 different things "needed". And guess what some people will have things on the list that are totally opposite to what other people want!!! I know shocking....
    But hey, you must know best. Like it's not like Blizz is a huge company and actually have real feedback on why people un sub.
    The question you should ask yourself is...Blizzard is a company, they want to make money. If your simple changes would bring in these droves of people re subbing then why don't they do it? Just think about that...

Also nice ignorant MOP isn't dark point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    For #5, have you tried challenge mode dungeons (I assume you're talking about heroic dungeons)?
    The problem with that is that once you have the achievements (like most of us do by now). There is absolutely no point to ever go back and do them again.

I must agree with Dagoroth23 on all of the things he said. Especially #6, #8, #9, and #10.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with some but not everything.

Also, is it too hard to actually press enter as you write? Like..

Cause the way you categorized gave me a bit of a headache. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon) - I'd like a title that's less cheesy if possible and I really hope it was fake. If it does get that name, I'll accept it though. It's no use getting worked up over a few words strung together. The content counts, not the wrapping paper. Also, MoP is extremely dark. See above.
    Well overall its childish Expansion because of new Blizzard's target (kids). We dont have 5 man instances with nice lore but we got tons of shit like Pokemons, Farm, Silly Scenarios. Expansion isn't only raid and boring (in this expansion only)lore. I want more mature, dark content like in previous expansions. Sweet panda with knife is still sweet and doesnt fit to WoW even if this knife is pounded into enemys chest.

3. No more dailies or at least fewer - Don't like them? Don't do them! That dailies were the only sources of charms at the beginning of MoP was unfortunate, but Blizz are gladly accepting feedback and acting according to it when deemed necessary.
    I hate them but i MUST do them because of reputation farm for enchanting recipes.

4.Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff) - yeah, something like that should be fixed. But I don't care. I die, get up again and proceed with what I'm after. No use getting worked up about something as minuscule as that.
    Sometimes you cant get up again. For PvP Players imbalance ruining fun and game is to make fun not frustration.

5. Hard heroics - challenge modes are in the game already.
    Yea - no loot zerg modes I want hard but not so long 5 mans as a substitute to raiding. Raid Finder is a joke i spent more time in queue (mage cant heal/tank) than inside of instance. I can AFK or just follow someone and get a loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I infact like it, that all those whiny bitches aren't part of WoW anymore and I'm glad they aren't coming back.
    they'll be back. they always come back. Some will be back for Siege of Orgrimmar, will hang around for a week or two then bail.

Most of them will come back for the next expansion, then after a week or two bail again. They'll most likely hang around game forums for a while bitching and sniping away their little comments to make themselves feel elite. Such is the internet unfortunately.
    Hi

6. You can't fly in Tol Barad, a huge PvP zone, yet little world PvP actually happened there in Cata. People did their dailies and went on their way. There is also no flying in all the areas that bring the Horde and Alliance together in the same place (Quel Danas, Tol Barad, Molten Front, Thunder Isle). There are already flying restrictions in place, yet it doesn't improve world pvp...because, surprise! Not enough people care about it, because there is no reward.

This guy knows whats up. Blizzard makes PVE content in a PVP zone and all anyone wants to do is get the dailies over with. Wintergrasp as a battleground was pretty much WPVP perfection (when both sides showed up in full) but unfortunately had massive balancing issues since servers factions are so unbalanced (CRZ might fix this). I was really hoping the faction war in Mists would have had call to battles every hour like for wintergrasp but in several zones where the war front between horde and alliance are most heated. You would get ported from your capital city right to the battle and have a few capture objectives and honorable kill requirements etc. Winning and honorable kills would give you special currency to spend on armor/weapons/mounts. All the armor and weapons would be up-gradable during the patch and in the following patch so people would keep doing the pvp to upgrade the items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    MoP is one of the darker expansions without question...

I love when people try to pull this angle and they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
    Agreed. The only thing OP should have put in his post is "I'll come back to WoW when my ignorance wears off". Would have been a much shorter list than the one he made.

To all of you like the OP, maybe look at what's actually been going on in the story of the game and stop just looking at pet battles and Pandaren and saying "LOL KIDDIE GAME IS KIDDIE". Seriously.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Just for shits and giggles some things that, if I had quit WoW, would bring me back:

* Removal of Heroic raids
    * 10m slightly easier than 25m again (different iLevels is OK, but the gear has to be the same)
    * Remove PVP/no more PVP balance impeding PVE
    * Allow cross-faction grouping (a la RIFT)
    * New/updated models
    * Item squish

10+ Year Old Account
    There's enough uniqueness to classes. Just open your eyes.
    HAHAHAHAHA omfg no there isn't, the classes are so homogenized now it's nuts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    they'll be back. they always come back. Some will be back for Siege of Orgrimmar, will hang around for a week or two then bail.

Most of them will come back for the next expansion, then after a week or two bail again. They'll most likely hang around game forums for a while bitching and sniping away their little comments to make themselves feel elite. Such is the internet unfortunately.
    Actually it's most of the casuals who left because "This game isn't very casual friendly" which is a bunch of bullshit.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The only thing that would bring me back is free server transfers. My server is dead and I have no faith in Blizzard's solution.

Blizzard is making a game accessible for everyone, not only for one specific niche. If you can't enjoy the game now, this game isn't for you anymore

Maybe you should go check "Darker" games and play them alone.
    Last edited by XingoJenkins; 2013-08-20 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Blizzard is making a game accessible for everyone, not only for one specific niche. If you can't enjoy the game now, this game isn't for you anymore

Maybe you should go check "Darker" games and play them alone.
    The game has always been accessible for everyone but people don't want to put any effort into the game they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter without putting any thought into it, it would be like me walking into any other game demanding to be able to beat it without having to learn anything about the game and never dying.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Look a bit deeper into the game. The current war is pretty "mature" and if you look at the 5.4 trailer... Just because pet battles are in the game and the people on the continent are panda men doesn't mean WoW is a kiddie game... Are zombies that much more mature then bear men? My 9 year old cousin thinks both are "cool".

2. WPvP is as good as it's gonna get, there some WPvP at the Dark Portal almost any time of the day, same for Hellfire in general. Timeless Isle is looking good, might suck ass in the end though. Time will tell.

3. There are alot of dailies, not like they're mandotory though. I agree that some more regular quests and less dailies might be more fun though. It's also obvious why Blizzard would rather add another daily hub then add a normal quest hub.

4. PvP will always have some OP class or comp or w/e. PvP is actually more balanced now if you look at the amount of viable specs then TBC. Which everyone considers to be "the best PvP xpack".

5. Challenge modes are there, hard heroics really aren't gonna happen after the cata fiasco.

6. Completly restrict them? Not gonna happen I'm afraid. The amount of QQ would be endless. Removing the from daily specific zones would be okay though (like TB etc).

7. They might add a new class, never more then 1 though. 11 classes with 34 different specs is already hard to balance. Asking for #7 is gonna make #4 that much harder to achieve.

8. It's getting a bit high, hoping for the item squish aswell!

9. To each their own I guess. I like queing up for a BG and knowing that it'll only take about 20 minutes. No matter how nostalgic I feel I wouldn't want those endless WSG turtles or AV struggles back. AB was the only BG that was guarenteed to be over "quickly". Even then it depended on how well your team defended bases.

10. They did say they were working on them quite some time ago. I'm hoping they'll be out with the next xpack aswell.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2013-08-20 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Like it's not like Blizz is a huge company and actually have real feedback on why people un sub.
    The question you should ask yourself is...Blizzard is a company, they want to make money. If your simple changes would bring in these droves of people re subbing then why don't they do it? Just think about that...
    Blizz lost subs because they tried make game for everyone but things that are for everyone are for noone. They had 12M subs when WotLK but they made bad move with Cataclysm. Expansion wasnt bad imho they just bored us to death with Dragon Soul and next was MoP worst expansion ever because they focus at useless content for childrens and facebook users (pokemons, farmville, pointless scenarios) instead of making good content for normal players that was majority of playerbase.
    I am normal player that clear raids at normal mode and few bosses at HC. My guild was full of mature players, when Blizz changed target to casuals and kids only hardcore players was noizy enough to fight some content for them. We normal players lost purpose of playing, so my friendlist from 50+ is now 2 online (sometimes).
    Last edited by mmocb840f33ed3; 2013-08-20 at 05:43 PM.