Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have around 210 wipes with my guild on it, but I skipped at least one whole night of trying, so some ppl should be at ~230-240.
    Our best try so far was around 15%, we're pretty solid until P3 now, but we only came in P3 like 5 or 6 times, so we still have to get the hang of it. Plus tanks are always dying and a lot of raid dmg incoming, most ppl die before or at around the first thunder shock..

Funny how the 10m raiders are always telling how 10m is harder than 25m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mentally draining is how I'll put it for me ;P

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or are the 10 mans having lower number of wipes on this?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    No its not just you, anybody that can read can see this.

Funny how the 10m raiders are always telling how 10m is harder than 25m.
    Well, looking at WoWProgress (just watch the % of guilds "stuck" on one boss after having killed the previous one) Lei Shen and Ji-kun are probably harder in 25 man. Rest of the bosses seems easier on 25 man (some by a significant margin like council or megaera)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerna View Post
    Well, looking at WoWProgress (just watch the % of guilds "stuck" on one boss after having killed the previous one) Lei Shen and Ji-kun are probably harder in 25 man. Rest of the bosses seems easier on 25 man (some by a significant margin like council or megaera)
    10 man guilds are smiling this tier, a lot of 25 man guilds dropped to 10man to get the Dark Animus and Lei Shen kills. Next tier 25s might have it easier will see.

For my guild, it seemed a lost cause. We had about 150-170 wipes, and had only seen a fraction of p3. (17%). We had one night were we spent 3 hours, and hit p3 a total of 3 times. It was honestly looking like we wouldn't kill it.

Next reset, people seemed to pull their fingers out, and after 5 good tries all consistently getting to p3 (still no lower than 20%) we had one try were it just clicked and he died. This is on 10 man.

From experience, the p1 transition is a pain in the ass. Followed by p2 transition which isn't too bad. for P3, provided you have assignments for moving and staying out for ball lightning, it should be fine.

Progress on this boss seems very slow because of the high number of pulls wasted during the transitions. But after 80-100 pulls we started wiping sub 5%. After that it's just a matter of not getting discouraged by another night were you just wipe 20 times before phase 3 only to see phase 3 a few times.

The good part of the encounter is that the various phases made it feel like progressing through multiple checkpoints. In the very beginning without the meta gems the raid dps requirement in the first phase was rough. After starting to consistently pass through that phase, you could start focusing on the first transition, and so on.

I am not sure about the exact amount of wipes we had. It was in the several hundreds, albeit with multiple very low health wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    The good part of the encounter is that the various phases made it feel like progressing through multiple checkpoints. In the very beginning without the meta gems the raid dps requirement in the first phase was rough. After starting to consistently pass through that phase, you could start focusing on the first transition, and so on.
    HC Lei Shen is one of those bosses that will still have a huge learning curve even after the 20% ToT nerf.

wipe x 20
    get to transition 1 cleanly
    wipe x 20
    get to transition 2 cleanly
    wipe x 20
    get to ~20% p3, then lose a bunch of people to poaching/burnout (who burns out at 60 wipes >.>.. 600 maybe)
    wipe x 20 back on transition 1, training new recruits who are behind on gear anyway
    guild disbands
    join another guild with ~450 wipes before they killed it the first time
    kill lei shen. Coin h uvls. giggle and feel sad that I didn't earn the kill.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-08-21 at 12:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It took us ~300 tries. It was one of the most frustrating experiences that I had to endure during WoW, it was that boss where you know that you're gonna log today and it's just NOT gonna die...

(We did have some unfortunate incidents though, we had to change 6 tanks throughout the whole thing, all kinds of different emo trials and it was the time that all the shit in Turkey was -really- going down, so we had 3 people absent at all times, it was just terrible).

Don't give up, no boss is unkillable. Also, this is not a fight where you progress "Slowly and steady". You progress JUST slowly. There is no such thing as "We got the boss to 45%, that means that we'll get it lower and lower the next few tries". I remember the day we killed it we basically wiped on Transitions like morons and then suddenly, boom, the stars align and we get ourselves a kill.

Keep trying, good luck!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    In a fight where personal decision making is almost everything its pretty obvious why 10man guilds generally wipe less on this.

15+ Year Old Account
    killed it in like 100pulls transitions are everything
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

We had a total of 177 wipes before we finally killed it. This was a couple of months ago though. (25 man)
    We had ALOT of problems in transitions but after 300 wipes or so we had both the first and second transition and then was when people started screwing up on the simple things in phase 1 and 2.

And well after a few nervebreaking wipes at 1% and 2% we finally killed it after a grand total of 366 wipes.
    Last edited by Loucy; 2013-11-04 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    We ran about 60 pulls before we killed him. Every week we have problems with the transitions. Which will cause a few wipes. p3 is easy the hard part is getting there. Keep at it and with sheer luc or brute force you'll down him eventually.

Killed in in like 120 pulls over 3-4 nights, extended on a tuesday and killed him. 90% of our wipes were the 2 ranged platforms in transition 1 or the 1 ranged platform in transition 3.

Easiest tips for transitions is putting 1 tank with 1 melee that can solo soak in 10man and 3-4 melee that can soak in 25man. On transition 2 all ranged+healers on one platform with melee soakers+tanks on the other 2. Not sure if mistweavers can be targeted by Diffusion chain as I don't raid with one, but the idea is to force diffusion chain onto platforms with more people+healers. If a ball hits on a tank/melee platform it is not too bad. Our tanks have no problems with tanking even 2 of the adds during transitions if things went south.

Overall a nice boss, sadly Normal mode Garalon gave us more trouble for a first kill for some reason

Took us about 130 pulls due to different setup every night.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Not sure if mistweavers can be targeted by Diffusion chain as I don't raid with one
    MW count as melee and thus can not be targetted for things like Diffusion Chain and Thunderstruck.

Deleted
    I had exactly 321 wipes on Heroic Lei Shen pre-5.3. And yes, if the number is that high, it's because we're in 25m.