Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Problem with Mists

after watching this video I know feel no shame walking away.

<snip Preach video that has been posted too many times already>

think about it, at the end of TBC new players still raided Kara even if they were farming badges the loot they obtained still helped them. People did gruul's/mag and SSC/TK if they couldn't do T6. When they were T6 ready they went in. Not to mention nerfs happened and things got easier as time went on. It's not like that anymore, you ding 90 and then do whatever you can to reach LFR and thats it.

How is this fun?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-19 at 05:43 PM.

"Fun" doesn't mean the same thing for 2 persons!

Quote Originally Posted by Joegrizly View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

think about it, at the end of TBC new players still raided Kara even if they were farming badges the loot they obtained still helped them. People did gruul's/mag and SSC/TK if they couldn't do T6. When they were T6 ready they went in. Not to mention nerfs happened and things got easier as time went on. It's not like that anymore, you ding 90 and then do whatever you can to reach LFR and thats it.

How is this fun?
    ...Sigh.

When you reach 90 you do the following:
    1. Dailies
    2. Scenarios
    3. Heroic Dungeons
    4. Questlines
    5. Crafting

As endgame has come, there's always been an absurd jump from initial level 90 to raiding. Mists has offered more ways to get geared than past expansions.

When you're around LFR level, you can gear up via LFR (and Flex now) and then move to Normal/Heroic raiding if you'd like.

The crappy thing has always been that lul (as I said) between right when you hit 90 and want to raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ...Sigh.

1. Dailies
    2. Scenarios
    3. Heroic Dungeons
    4. Questlines
    5. Crafting

The crappy thing has always been that lul (as I said) between right when you hit 90 and want to raid.

1. Make troves scenario to get charms
    2. Send the crafted cloth 496/522 items to your new alt which already served for your 7 other toons
    3. Go lfr until you don't want to see it any more and complain about content here.

Deleted

How is this fun?
    Once again, this is not the reason you are not liking the game anymore. You know the game enough to have fun with what you have, and MoP is just better than TBC in terms of raiding and game design. That's a fact.
    If you seriously think that vannilla/TBC were plain better, you are being delusional... that's just nostalgia.
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-08-19 at 12:54 PM.

So the guys says in the video that it was a journey to get to Naxxramas. It was a good thing that 1% got to do it. But he doesn't understand that if they continued with that strategy for the next expansions it would still be 1%. People would never be able to go to the raids. Not until the next expansion that is that players could actually got to Naxx and do something with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with MoP atm is that it is too good =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Please that video has been spammed left and right. Not only that, its been debunked.

Hoping this thread gets locked

While I agree that it may have been more epic when a boss fell, I also know that I couldn't have possibly down Kil'jaeden while TBC was still the current expansion. And I'm not the only one. The only thing that I could have done was to watch the progress from the sidelines and maybe start doing actual progress for in Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Problem with MoP atm is that it is too good =)
    this is exactly what I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the guilds were trying so hard to kill Gruul, in GL. I remember when in trade chat you saw <insert guild name> just killed Gruul!... it was epic, people listed what dropped in trade, and it fired everyone up, yes Gruul could be killed, it was a journey and a epic one at that.

The ride through the game was slow and tedious, yes, but also was more satisfactory then.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that LFD and LFR are a bad thing, they are just bad at the current state they are and how to fix them, I don't know. There are no more raiding guilds, I said raiding guilds, not "guilds" at least like it was.

One day we keep hoping somewhere before its end that Blizzard will find a way to make this game interesting again, and for those that say it is interesting, I feel sorry for you, because you never saw what it was or you were the ones that screamed "I'm entitled".

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So the guys says in the video that it was a journey to get to Naxxramas. It was a good thing that 1% got to do it. But he doesn't understand that if they continued with that strategy for the next expansions it would still be 1%. People would never be able to go to the raids. Not until the next expansion that is that players could actually got to Naxx and do something with it.
    funny thing is, back then, i was fine with not seeing the content. i raided kara, gruul, maggy and had just started on SSC when the 30% nerf to all content hit. then between the nerf and wotlk launching, my guild started poking bosses in MH and BT. it wasn't until we hit 80 in wotlk that we actually went back and complete MH/BT/sunwell/SSC/TK. it was actually a lot of fun to go back to those raids and clear through them.

the problem blizz has with that, is that it means they can't spend millions on raid development if only 1% of the playerbase gets to explore them - so they needed to make raids more accessible to allow more money to be spent on developing them.

as a player i really have no problem with content being hard and coming back for it when i am a higher level. i didn't kill heroic LK until i was 85, i still haven't killed sinestra. the problem is, it's really hard for blizz to convince the people paying their wages, that it's a good strategy to cater to the 1%, as everyone will see it when the new expansion comes out.

it's like a carrot on a stick to me, always giving me something to strive for, but when i can eat that carrot, i'm not so fussed about it.
    <insert witty signature here>

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's a good point, I was ok with being the 99% because there was always some way to progress and getting in to a raid felt like the most epic experience ever.

I wonder how long the game would have lasted under the vanilla/BC model.

/speculation
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I kinda see every expansion as being identical at end game. You grind something, one way or another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I remember when the guilds were trying so hard to kill Gruul, in GL. I remember when in trade chat you saw <insert guild name> just killed Gruul!... it was epic, people listed what dropped in trade, and it fired everyone up, yes Gruul could be killed, it was a journey and a epic one at that.

The ride through the game was slow and tedious, yes, but also was more satisfactory then.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that LFD and LFR are a bad thing, they are just bad at the current state they are and how to fix them, I don't know. There are no more raiding guilds, I said raiding guilds, not "guilds" at least like it was.

One day we keep hoping somewhere before its end that Blizzard will find a way to make this game interesting again, and for those that say it is interesting, I feel sorry for you, because you never saw what it was or you were the ones that screamed "I'm entitled".
    I think this is a good post, although in the games current state the type of game WoW was in BC/vanilla wouldn't work now, but with the addition of LFR/LFD the community has just gone to shit. The last time on my server there was a sense of community in trade chat was the realm first Dragonwrath, all the guild recruitment stopped, all the selling stopped and it was just people in awe at the event going on and grz(ing) the person/guild that got it, imo Mists is a huge step in the right direction though and i'm thoroughly enjoying it

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with mists is that I can't see shit until it's like a few feet infront of my face and at that time I gotta hit the brakes quite hard.
    Shit's dangerous.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account

How is this fun?
    Considering that the OP was banned for insulting people and name calling.. I think it'll be best to follow your own opinion like always.

There is so much to do at 90, always. Raid, BG's Arena, RBG, LFR, heroics, scenarios, HC scenarios, achievements - just the ones I come to mind.

Every player has their kind of "fun". Not what people claim is fun.

My main problem is peoples attitude towards others and the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear this is like the 1000th time this has been posted as a new thread. It's getting old fast.

Deleted
    As someone who does run LFR now and used to be a raider I think this video is absolutely spot on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I swear this is like the 1000th time this has been posted as a new thread. It's getting old fast.
    Indeed, they are getting a little rusty.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..