Thread: Arms week

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arms week

Going arms this week in preparation for the patch (hopefully next week). Doing it for the practice in a live, deadly environment. Just curious if anyone else is doing the same. I am a little concnerned about re-gemming/forging since I will probably need to be fury for lei shen though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Going arms this week in preparation for the patch (hopefully next week). Doing it for the practice in a live, deadly environment. Just curious if anyone else is doing the same. I am a little concnerned about re-gemming/forging since I will probably need to be fury for lei shen though.
    I thought about doing the same thing but honestly with how Arms keeps changing I will be holding out til I get a better idea on what is going on with the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure the practice won't hurt since we are not anywhere close to being short on raid dps. That, and it is so hart to parse with all the padders in my raid. It betters me and my raid if I can play both specs anyways, so why not get carried for a week After playing around, it seems just keep CS up, MS on CD, and it doesn't really matter of you slam or OP. Any other suggestions from you seasoned arms soldiers? Also, thoughts on how much gain I'll have from regemming away from pure crit?

I'll be doing the same thing. Not gonna bother reforging/regemming, because I'll still be going Fury for the tougher fights(the 3 we've done on HM, and Lei Shen), but just to get used to the rotation/playstyle.

From what I've heard/read, you can basically spam any order of MS/CS/OP/SL and you'll be fine for single target.

If you want to practice for next patch, I'd recommend going with a prio looking something like this

If CS is not up (100-20%) : MS > CS > Slam (If 80+rage) > OP > Shout / HT / IV
    If CS is up (100-20%) : MS > Slam > OP
    If CS is not up (20-0%) : MS > CS > Execute (80+rage / "Free OP" buff is not up) > OP > Shout / HT
    IF CS is up (20-0%) : MS > Execute > OP

I haven't looked too much into the optimal AoE rotation as of yet, so I won't list it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you reforge/gem when you go arms warriorsarri?

Yes, I did Gem and reforge for Arms when I play it, as it's so simple to do so. Only difference between my Fury and Arms gear is that I prioritize haste over mastery.
    My Stream

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've been practicing the new rotation aswell, only problem I'm having is to get the Dragon Roar talent to fit in somewhere. As I end up with crapton of OP charges and the chance of getting a new CS proc is quite high, I rarely get to use Dragon Roar, or use up my OP charges outside CS.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    So.....most boring spec ever. On ji-kun now and this has been aids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    So.....most boring spec ever. On ji-kun now and this has been aids
    It's not like playing fury is rocket science either. What's the engaging point of playing fury with 550 ilvl? Every spec in this game is boring, everyone has 5-6 spells and choosing wich one to use is fairly trivial.

Boss mechanics should be the interesting factor (if the dragon cast something and i'm in the wrong spot, i'll die), but this doesn't matter anymore since almost everyone has an invulnerability, melees don't get targeted by most spells and rangeds can outdps melees while moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabito View Post
    It's not like playing fury is rocket science either. What's the engaging point of playing fury with 550 ilvl? Every spec in this game is boring, everyone has 5-6 spells and choosing wich one to use is fairly trivial.

Boss mechanics should be the interesting factor (if the dragon cast something and i'm in the wrong spot, i'll die), but this doesn't matter anymore since almost everyone has an invulnerability, melees don't get targeted by most spells and rangeds can outdps melees while moving.
    Disagree. Fury is fun. Arms is dull. Got number 5 on animus and it was still awful and my damage was dicks. No, it was not awful because my damage was dicks. Everything about fury is more engaging. If you fuck up as fury, your dps drops. Fuck up as arms, and eh, who cares? You don't lose any damage.

Went Arms through Magera(except H Horridon, went Fury for that since that's still a fight we wipe on occasionally). Actually ended up ranking on every fight I did as Arms. I actually don't think it's that bad, but it's definitely more mindless than Fury. I think I've got single target down, but need more practice on AOE. Gotta love meter padding though, my #2 damage source vs. Magera was Sweeping Strikes. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Went Arms through Magera(except H Horridon, went Fury for that since that's still a fight we wipe on occasionally). Actually ended up ranking on every fight I did as Arms. I actually don't think it's that bad, but it's definitely more mindless than Fury. I think I've got single target down, but need more practice on AOE. Gotta love meter padding though, my #2 damage source vs. Magera was Sweeping Strikes. XD
    Well, I did it through twins and ranked every fight. It IS 'That" bad. number 5 rank on h dark animus and did far worse than I would have as fury, and this is padding with SS. Granted, a lot of it is sampling bias. I did finally get the full scope of the rotation for now, though I didn't at first. Didn't matter. The whole spec comes down to sudden death procs lining up with trinket procs. There is nothing exciting about it and the margin of error is large. I truly believe I would have been within 1% of my dmg done if I would have made a macro to always apply CS, then slam or MS and just pressed it.

Anyways, not going to go arms on Lei Shen. Don't want to on Ra-den either. Very boring spec and arms week filled its purpose of getting me up to speed on the spec pre 5.4. Just hope they tweak fury so I don't have to apply the knowledge.

Heh yeah tomorrow I'm thinking of making a 1 button macro and just spamming that and seeing how it goes just for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Actually ended up ranking on every fight I did as Arms.
    Arms = Rankspec. Why? No one plays it.

Same for prot lol.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Sarri.. Any advice on how to gear for Arms ? I'm close to BIS profile as fury but when I switch to my heroic zerat I find myself with 1000+ excess hit. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Yes, I did Gem and reforge for Arms when I play it, as it's so simple to do so. Only difference between my Fury and Arms gear is that I prioritize haste over mastery.
    - - - Updated - - -

Anyone else macro sweeping strikes to some key like slam?

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Sarri.. Any advice on how to gear for Arms ? I'm close to BIS profile as fury but when I switch to my heroic zerat I find myself with 1000+ excess hit. Is that normal?

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same issue, either you live with it or you try to switch around gear. Not using council sword helps a lot. Not sure but depending on the amount of excess hit you might even consider dropping feather (sim it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaerthon View Post
    Arms = Rankspec. Why? No one plays it.
    Yep. Did one full clear with Arms a bit over a month ago for the lulz and ended up with no less than ..wait for it.. 6x rank1, 2x rank2, 1x rank3 and all the rest between 4-6. Some of the later encounters only had ~10 parses all in all, although others like Qon had hundreds.

On topic, I'm planning on doing an "Arms week" next reset to really get back into the playstyle for next patch since Arms is looking really strong for several 5.4 encounters.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2013-08-22 at 01:12 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    Yep. Did one full clear with Arms a bit over a month ago for the lulz and ended up with no less than ..wait for it.. 6x rank1, 2x rank2, 1x rank3 and all the rest between 4-6. Some of the later encounters only had ~10 parses all in all, although others like Qon had hundreds.

On topic, I'm planning on doing an "Arms week" next reset to really get back into the playstyle for next patch since Arms is looking really strong for several 5.4 encounters.
    That is why I did it. And I had similar results this week. If you really want to get a top 10 rank, kill lei shen or ra-den as arms. Guaranteed top 10 parse if you survive till the end of the encounter. Unfortunately I couldn't bear another night of the two button (add in SS) spec, so I went fury for Lei Shen and Ra-den.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Gearing for Arms is really simple. What you do is prioritize Crit > Haste, instead of Crit > Mastery. Just run your character in AMR, Reforge Lite, or any similar tool, and you can quite easily find out how to forge and gem. Gearwise the only thing that changes is that the Horridon trinket is worth a lot more for arms, it's currently sims to be BiS together with Feathers.

Don't macro SS to anything. The chance of you using it when you don't need it is too big, and in next tier, until we get our 2piece, rage is sparse for Arms.
    My Stream