Poll: Should Blizzard rebuilt Theramore using Gilnean architecture?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

a Darker Theramore. yes or no?

Seeing as Theramore and Gilneas are two of my favorite cities in WoW, it would be cool if Blizzard used Gilneas art to rebuilt a darker Theramore. Filled with ideas that could’ve been used in Gilneas itself.

The Worgen story really feels abandoned compared to Goblins after they left Gilneas. they have no home, just a few tree houses (one in darnasus, one in blasted lands (home to a hostile Worgen), one in Felwood. Giving Theramore to the Worgen can make Worgen fans feel like the Worgens finally have a place to call home.

Heres and idea of how it can workout :

Theramore :

A dark, gloomy city built on the ruins of the old Theramore by the Gilnean refugees. The lands were given to the Worgen by the Night Elves after the Horde, after days of negotiations, agreed to withdraw it’s troops from around the old city and retreat back to Brackenwall village (now a fortified base).

Layout :

Theramore’s architecture will be similar to Gilneas due to the fact that it was the people of Gilneas who rebuilt it, the city will be dark and the environment around it is dead as a side effect of the mana bomb that destroyed the last city.
    Some also say that ghosts run rampant in the sewers beneath the city where hundreds of innocent people died from the explosion. These ghosts sometimes appear to wander in the streets of the new city for unknown reasons.
    Theramore will be ruled by Mayor Gwen Stefane, the old Mayor of Gilneas. And Tess Greymane will be in charge of the Gilneas guard.

The city hall will be located in the center of the city, the Mage Tower will be moved to the southern corner of the city and the druid camp will be stationed in the northern part of the city, outside the walls and just next to the Theramore gates.

Healing the land :

In order to clean the hazardous residues that Garrosh's mana bomb left behind, a group of Kirin Tor mages have set up a camp to dispel the arcane residues that have distabilized the region and weakened the spectral veil around the ruined city. it is said that demons can cross into Azeroth with little effort from their Azerothian summoners, which makes it important for Kirin Tor to heal the veil quickly before any followers of legion does something to put the entire Azeroth in danger. Kirin Tor mages are situated in a new Mage Tower located in the southern corner of Theramore. (the Tower is no longer in the center of city.)

Also, in order to heal the lands that suffered from the mana bomb , Worgen druids led by their Night Elven mentors have set up a camp north of Theramore just next to the city gates, the tiny spot of land around their camp is lush and green as a result of their nature magic. but even that small amount of healing is not permanent as they need to recast spells day and night else what little healing that their efforts have done will die out.

Possible questing locations :

-A special brigade is formed to patrol the marshes and root out the dangers that lurk around the town. Players can assist them in clearing the dangerous marshes of dustwallow of monsters.

-A team of monster-hunters (appearance similar to Witchers) have started their operations in Theramore. Players will assist them in hunting down the ghosts that lurk around the town haunting the citizens. Later they will decend into the sewers to find the reason of this problem.

-Mayor Gwen will give you diplomatic missions. You will be given temporary immunity in Brackenwall fortress to deliver diplomatic messages.

-Tess Greymane will give you the quest to hunt down a serial killer. And you will assist the guards in hunting down this dangerous predator before he kills his next victim.

-Rumors of a vampire menace are traveling ear to ear, you will be sent to the newly constructed Swamplight mansion to investigate. The mansion is built on the land which previously was known as Swamplight Manor. But soon you will realize the truth about the mansion and the horrors that it hides.

-Druids and Mages will both receive separate quests from Kirin Tor agents/Theramore Druids to assist them in healing the island and cleaning it of hazardous arcane residues.

Docks and ships : Theramore will have 3 ships, one will take you to Menethil Harbor, another will sail to Darnassus and the last one will take you to Kul’Tiras (if Blizzard adds it in the future.)
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-19 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Thereamore was dark enough from my recollection. It was in the swamp, surrounded by alligators and ogres, cant get more dark than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No. Thereamore was dark enough from my recollection. It was in the swamp, surrounded by alligators and ogres, cant get more dark than that.
    When I say dark I mean similiar to Gilneas and Duskwood. something that reminds you of "Corpse Bride" "Sleepy Hollow" and vampires and werewolves. Dustwallow was dark, yes. but Theramore didn't feel -dark-. you felt safe in Theramore, the new Theramore will be darker meaning it will not make you feel like that. it will be foggy and random ghosts appear and will be attacked by guards. (yes, even when you are inside the city) these ghosts will disappear after you do the quest to deal with the ghost menace and find the root of the problem. which lies in the city sewers. (which was the old Theramore)

I think the Worgen fit better with the Eastern Kingdoms motiff. They would feel rather awkward in Dustwallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    When I say dark I mean similiar to Gilneas and Duskwood. something that reminds you of "Corpse Bride" "Sleepy Hollow" "Vampires and Werewolves". Dustwallow was dark, yes. but Theramore didn't feel -dark-. you felt safe in Theramore, the new Theramore will be darker meaning it will not make you feel like that. it will be foggy and random ghosts appear and will be attacked by guards. (yes, even when you are inside the city) these ghosts will disappear after you do the quest to deal with the ghost menace and find the root of the problem. which lies in the city sewers. (which was the old Theramore)
    That could be pretty cool. I guess make it more like a haunted swamp would be a fresh change. Horde players might squak because it could feel like ghostlands, and alliance players might think its too much like darkwood. But I like your idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I like the idea of a dark theramoore, but the part about the innocents who died is false, all of the civilians where evacuated long before the bomb dropped, everyone left in theramoore had the intention to kill the horde assaulting the city, thus making them no longer innocent

Also vampires don't exist in WoW closest thing to them is san'layn who are pretty much wiped out.

But beyond that your idea's are good, would be a fun place to roleplay in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Also vampires don't exist in WoW closest thing to them is san'layn who are pretty much wiped out.
    well, not your typical transylvania style vampires. we all know that the area around Swamplight was haunted, and though we somehow dealt with the problem but it returns in form of a power that possessed folks who built the manor on the land. they now have started sacrificing other people in the basement of the manor in order to revive something evil. they also have some vampiric traits like the san'layn but they are not your average "sexy teen vampires that don't age".

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think the Worgen fit better with the Eastern Kingdoms motiff. They would feel rather awkward in Dustwallow.
    Not to necessarily support the OP's idea, but the Worgen didn't make sense in southern Blasted Lands, but yet, there they were. One of the only places with their architecture once you left Gilneas itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Ogre city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I support that the worgen return to their home in Gilneas and that Dalaran lands over the ruins of Theramore ... I support this idea, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Not to necessarily support the OP's idea, but the Worgen didn't make sense in southern Blasted Lands, but yet, there they were. One of the only places with their architecture once you left Gilneas itself.
    I think the south eastern part of the blasted Lands were originally planned to become the Worgen Zone after Gilneas, similiar to Azshara and the Goblins.

This town is merely a remnant of this plan.

No, keep it the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Gilneas turned into a city in Gilneas. I really really like the existing city in terms of design and layout, it just needs to be, yknow, an actual city and not an empty phased nothing.

I don't really care about Theramore.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you give the Gilnean's their own home, then you have to do the same for the Goblins.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be rebuilt. Would you rebuild a city on top of that crater? Consider it was destroyed in all realities. There's some serious arcane damage in that area not unlike radiation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    If you give the Gilnean's their own home, then you have to do the same for the Goblins.
    Only if you give the gnomes their own home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Well the Goblins do have a city in Azshara

BTW why am i not surprised that Grumpy cat wants a more darker enviroment...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It shouldn't be rebuilt. Would you rebuild a city on top of that crater? Consider it was destroyed in all realities. There's some serious arcane damage in that area not unlike radiation.
    Maybe because of that the Kiring Tor (That's now an Alliance only faction) can create an outpost or city there to investigate the arcane power irradiated there or something

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I want Gilneas turned into a city in Gilneas. I really really like the existing city in terms of design and layout, it just needs to be, yknow, an actual city and not an empty phased nothing.

I don't really care about Theramore.
    I'd love Gilneas turning into a quest hub for Alliance players too. with Gilneas becoming a city. but that's controversial as many horde players say Gilneas is too close to Undercity and Silverpine. Blizzard will need to do some serious work on the zones to keep the balance in the zone. Theramore on the other hand was there since the begining of WoW. once the Alliance leaves Barrens and a truce is agreed Theramore can be there to bring the balance back to Kalimdor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well the Goblins do have a city in Azshara
    exactly, while the Worgens got a small tree in Darnassus. while I can understand how Azshara balanced out the leveling zones I still feel the Worgen have a lot of potential and that potential was wasted when Blizzard didn't give them anything after they escaped Gilneas and took refuge in Darnassus, while Goblins are shown thriving in Azshara Worgen NPCs are just sitting in Darnassus eating dust... or disappear with unknown fate like Darius Crowley.

BTW why am i not surprised that Grumpy cat wants a more darker enviroment...
    >:3 well perhaps I need dark enviroment to put the next stage of my evil plan into effect.

----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    the answer :

Maybe because of that the Kiring Tor (That's now an Alliance only faction) can create an outpost or city there to investigate the arcane power irradiated there or something
    Mages can pretty much do anything. Jaina was the former leader of Theramore and now the leader of Kirin Tor, and once Theramore is returned to the Alliance it would make perfect sense if she agrees to help cleanse what's left of Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's essentially Alliance land, and the alliance could use a base close to orgrimmar to keep an eye on the horde's new warchief whoever he or she may be.

Besides, if it's anything like radiation from a real-world atomic bomb the site would have been clean within 3-5 weeks, making it perfect for rebuilding, i'm all for giving the worgen somewhere nice to live other than in a tiny tree in an isolated part of darnassus.

Just make gilneas accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be a lot better to eventually take back Gilnaes. I'm hoping some day we (I play as alliance worgen often) get to take our city back.