Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I think it's part that both Mannoroth and Archimonde died in cinematics while Mag'theridon dies in-game (twice even,it's easier to make a big fireball when you are drawing for a cinematic then it is to animate one in-game), and part that Blizzard retconned the "big demon fireball death" thing because it became hard to kill any of them off without having the killer and allies die at the same time. The concept of fireball death became a burden to storytelling, so they stopped it without explaining anything about why. It creates logical inconsistencies but it's the kind of thing where they either forgot about their own work or simply said "fuck it" and hoped noone would notice.

I think what a lot of people in this thread is confusing is what killed Grom and why Grom was killed. The fireball from Mannoroths death killed Grom, but Grom was killed to make the storyline dramatic and an effective way of starting to paint the orcs in a more favorable view by blaming their violent asshole tendency on demon blood corruption.
    Archimonde didn't blow up, that was the energy of the Tree/Wisp getting detonated at once.

What if Mannaroth blew himself on purpose? He was mortally wounded, it's possible he decided to simply take Grom with him so he couldn't have a chance to redeem his race. It makes it a lot more poetic actually. He blows himself up so Grom can die with the Demon Blood in him and as a disgrace, but Grom manages to survive long enough to die pure, and redeemed.

15+ Year Old Account
    n/a

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Archimonde didn't blow up, that was the energy of the Tree/Wisp getting detonated at once.

What if Mannaroth blew himself on purpose? He was mortally wounded, it's possible he decided to simply take Grom with him so he couldn't have a chance to redeem his race. It makes it a lot more poetic actually. He blows himself up so Grom can die with the Demon Blood in him and as a disgrace, but Grom manages to survive long enough to die pure, and redeemed.
    Ooooooohhhh you've just fanned the flames

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He pulled a Padme and lost the will to live.
    "Pulled a Padme" sounds dirty...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Am I the only one that thought they ripped off Dragon Ball Z with this cinematic. This is literally the same way Piccolo died when he saved Gohan.
    So Grom is a Piccolo rip off and Garrosh is a vegeta rip off... Garrosh will die because he screams so hard he explodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Well, you gotta play wc3 campain.
    As already stated the orcs turned green (most of them) long before the interference with manoroth.
    In the wc3 campain Grom with some of his warriors, might been his whole clan, went out to seek a huge demonic power they sensed near by, because they fought against cenarius and a huge army of nightelves. They would have lost so Grom decided to go and find that source of demonic energy that he and his brethren senced.
    They found a well, filled with demonic blood (from manoroth who had planed this out beforehand, because he needed an army against the nightelves and cenarius, and knew grom would do everything to win let alone the drive for power and the addiction to demon kinda things).
    Thrall warned them but they drank the blood non the less, maybe because thrall wasent even there at this point. Problem was, they got really strong and red ( misson was quite hard but after the blood, man these grunts were hitting like crazy) but lost control over themselves, cause manoroth gained control over them, even to this point where grom would fight thrall cause he could not think.
    Thrall kinda freed Grom and his guys ( i dont remeber that part so well might as well play it again) but they still got some powers from that mannoroth blood.

Now to the topic: I think he died because mannoroth dead = all who drank his blood dead too, the bloodpact thing. Why did Thrall and so many other orcs did not die? well because the did not drink from this well in ashenvale, only grom and his clan or what was left of it.
    About the other orcs wich drank the blood too, i dont really know, maybe they just died, maybe grom saved them through this, or maybe there were not much left after thrall and guys had to kill what was left of them to get to grom to free him and the few remaining.

Thats all i know, maybe better to take a look at the book, but thats what one get from playing wc3 campain.

Quote Originally Posted by chulus# View Post
    Well, you gotta play wc3 campain.
    As already stated the orcs turned green (most of them) long before the interference with manoroth.
    The orcs turned green the first time they drank Mannoroth's blood, those who didn't drink it but still became green changed because of exposure to fel energy.

Now to the topic: I think he died because mannoroth dead = all who drank his blood dead too, the bloodpact thing. Why did Thrall and so many other orcs did not die? well because the did not drink from this well in ashenvale, only grom and his clan or what was left of it.
    About the other orcs wich drank the blood too, i dont really know, maybe they just died, maybe grom saved them through this, or maybe there were not much left after thrall and guys had to kill what was left of them to get to grom to free him and the few remaining.
    If they all died then he wouldn't have saved anyone. The fire from Mannoroth killed Grom and as he was dying the blood curse was lifted with Mannoroth's death and he briefly got to experience how it was to be free again before he died.
    Fixed some of that, but I may be wrong too
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

yeah, now that you mention it, could have been this way^^
    damn going to play wc3 now