Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    What is the point of raiding when your gear is going to be reset every few patches? It just makes everything you did a huge waste of time...
    Right, because, otherwise, your time spent playing WoW would have been a wise investment. What do you expect from a video game? Are you saying that you enjoy stagnation? The "point" is to play and experience new things. What else are you looking for?

raiding is just about the only "social" aspect that is still in wow. Working on and defeating content with the same group of people and everything that goes along with it is just fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    While MMO is the type of game that never had an end, for me, clearing a full tier on HC gives me that "closure" feeling, then you can relax until next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilden View Post
    So you can scream at people with worse gear then you and call them bad in LFR.
    lol I like this answer.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    If you have a good group or guild, there can be nothing better than a good ol' raid.

I remember during AQ 40 with 40 man group, I dipped into a top top guild called Lucid, full of players way better than me, but we went in through those gates and we were ready for some major adventure. Oh and we hacked the alliance to bits before, which was a nicely daily activity to warm up. You always knew there was going to be some amazing pieces drop during raid nights (which was every night so I had to stop), and someone lucky or deserving enough would receive. You would go to bed thinking about the drops. Or think about those gloves you got.. wow the stats. The shiny fresh purpleness that was all mine now.. Ooph.

Once you destroy the reward system, you destroy the game, you destroy the MMORPG experience. It's ALL about the reward system and Wow has abandoned that maybe 4-5 years ago.

I think they are aware now. Let's see how they turn things around in next expansion, it's going to be exciting.

Haha, well, mostly to have fun? Whats the point of leveling a char, if you can level him some more in another xpanstion. Well, to play the game of course.

Deleted
    Your OP is basically asking, 'what's the point in doing anything'?

Raiding can be fun/a challenge/something to test your skill/a way to socialize with others while working towards a goal.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-08-19 at 10:35 PM.

Whats the point of doing anything? You're just going to die anyway.

For entertainment values: always found it satisfying downing a new boss.

Social values: Raiding with friends is much nicer than LFR people.

If nothing else epeen from the heroic coloured gear and bigger numbers in 5 mans

The experience is the point, not gear. Some want to face and overcome a challenge with a group of friends. Others merely want to see content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always asked myself the same question, but I've come to the conclusion that gear pieces are knickknacks.

Why do people do Sudukos? Why do people play Chess? Anything challenging stimulates the same parts of the brain.

A better question is why do people play LFR exclusively? Most players don't even try (gems, enchants) and they get mad about not getting loot and they get to wait 7 days for 2 hours of gameplay (if you can call it that).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the dps can blame the healers
    The healers can blame the tank
    The tanks can blame both the dps and healers.
    To find out that 1 person is afk
    Then that person is kicked... Afterwards people Look for more while they fight over loot.

Thats raiding in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    What is the point of raiding when your gear is going to be reset every few patches? It just makes everything you did a huge waste of time, i understand that playing the game is itself a waste of time, but when you bang your head on your keyboard for hours trying to down a boss for a BiS item only to have it replaced...then whats the point of even trying?
    Whats the point of an MMO then with gear.

You end up replacing everything you get in Wow. Pve Gear/ Pvp Gear/ Mounts/ Pets/ Stuff in your bags with new stuff.

Its an ongoing cycle.

So your real question would be: What is the point of playing WoW?

The answer is because I enjoy it.

I love raiding, i've never care about gear, NEVER, I stat in vanilla and gear always change, gear is just there to help you downing the boss easily, what I really care about and most experienced raiders care about is finishing the raid in all possible difficulties. You need to stop focusing in the gear or else you are not going to enjoy the game.
    OBEY THE PUG!

I dont raid for the future, I raid for the present excitement. Very few things excite me like learning a new fight with my friends, getting frusterated, and then getting that rush at 5% only to wipe and try again. And then, we FINALLY get the kill, the adrenaline is flowing and you know its time to move onto the next adventure. Then I raid in order to prepare for the next new batch of content to continue that feeling. Thats why I raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    - for the adrenaline rush of killing a difficult boss
    - for having fun showing off on farm
    - for the camaraderie
    - for the personal challenge of learning execution (note: I spend A LOT of time on brutal arcade style games)
    - for pushing my abilities on my class
    - to feel progressively stronger over an expansion cycle

If you only focus on the final point, then of course you're going to be discouraged by patch/expansion cycles.

And what is the point of PvP'ing?

Besides, World of Warcraft is a RPG.

PvP is a feature. Not a staple.

It's like saying what's the point of even buying the game... What's the point in levelling, what's the point in any of it. Because we find it fun...

The day my past guild downed the Lich King was an awesome moment for us. It's simply to play the game and get some thrills outta killing the big bad boss.