Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Why did they remove tabard reputation? it was fun way to get reputation

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    But none of that gear as "mandatory".
    It was just as "mandatory" as "mandatory" a head enchant was.

I still bet the removal had technical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    And yet we have to grind rep for best wep enchant formulas, and other stuff..
    Not everybody needs to do those, that's the point. Enchanters grind factions that give enchant recipes, jewelcrafters grind faction that give JC recipes and so on. You could even opt to grind none of those and still get all possible benefits bought elsewhere now that the profession-specific bonus is obtained at much lower skill rank.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm not really sure why "faster" is even an issue. The VP rep gear was not speedy between being gated behind reputation that could only be earned in X-amount-per-day and limited by the weekly valor cap, it probably was actually faster to gear up via raiding. That's how I did it.

The valor gear should have been seen as an alternative gear progression for non-raiders, or as a way to fill in missing spots for raiders. An important role, but I don't really understand why so many people viewed them as compulsory.

But even if it was legitimately mandatory then, that was really only a valid argument in the first tier. As soon as the next tier was released with LFR even dropping better gear, the rep-locked items became completely irrelevant. Now with the third tier of the expansion launching soon, they're not even useful quality for alts.

Conversely, head enchants are always relevant, could not be achieved elsewhere, and were obligatory for any raiding player to have.
    So much this. You completely got it right on this.

You win an internet.

Deleted
    Arent there mandatory enchants still in game? You cant really have choise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not everybody needs to do those, that's the point. Enchanters grind factions that give enchant recipes, jewelcrafters grind faction that give JC recipes and so on. You could even opt to grind none of those and still get all possible benefits bought elsewhere now that the profession-specific bonus is obtained at much lower skill rank.
    But those professionalists need to grind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    C'mon, is that hard to equip a tabard and jump into a couple of instances?? We don't even have tabard reputation anymore... At least it would give people a reason to do 5 mans, which seems its not happening very often in MoP.
    They took away the tabards because dungeons were too useful. They give loot, experience, justice points, and valor points. Them also giving reputation with any faction you wanted was too much. Also, the reputation gains was completely disjointed from the activities you were doing. Why are you getting rep with people in Mount Hyjal by killing people on the other side of the world? Back in TBC, only the dungeons associated with the factions gave you rep with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    But those professionalists need to grind them.
    Somebody needs to grind them in the realm, not you. You can choose to buy the enchanting scroll from AH for 2000 gold or grind the recipe and make it yourself for 200 gold. There are two possible ways to get that enchant even if you have the profession.

Getting the head enchant was not optional because nobody else but you could do it for you. See the difference?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you want a head enchant in the first place?

The rest of the enchants come from professions.

Head enchants came from reputation vendors. They were meaningless gameplay wise. Head enchant or no head enchant nothing changes in the game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They took away the tabards because dungeons were too useful.
    I agree, as an ex player i payed this game for fun. Dungeons are fun, which means its an intended an funny rep farming.

Being forced to do same quests over and over and over (and i always loved dayly quets, but even i get tired), but dungeons, even if you tired, you can always see the progresses you have donne, whille farming... And that is what players are paying for. They pay for fun, not to be pissed on.

They give loot, experience, justice points, and valor points. Them also giving reputation with any faction you wanted was too much. Also, the reputation gains was completely disjointed from the activities you were doing. Why are you getting rep with people in Mount Hyjal by killing people on the other side of the world? Back in TBC, only the dungeons associated with the factions gave you rep with them.
    Then why haven't they implemented the TBC model??

Because one thing you could be sure, doing quests over and over in MoP, even for those like me that enjoy doing them, isn't fun. This leads us to the reason of this topic. They can not say something, like we don't want people to keep farming old stuff, whille they forcing people into a lot of more grinding then in previous x-pacs, its an inconsistence.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They took away the tabards because dungeons were too useful.
    No. That's just an excuse they used. They removed tabards because they didn't want players to grind rep in dungeons. Instead they wanted players to do dailies. In "THE WORLD". But they couldn't say that, because there would've been an outrage. Righteous outrage. Not the one they can parry with "dailies are not mandatory"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Lol, these sorts of threads used to frustrate me but now I love reading threads about people who can't manage their own time and priorities and how Blizzard tries to accommodate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...
    Was idiotic as gating it to a raid faction in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Honestly I cant understand why they removed those from the game. Their explanation was that "head enchant was mandatory". What? arent bracer enchant, chest enchants mandatory then? If there was some issue regardin head enchants, the problem was not in the fact that enchant went to head slot because other enchants have no issue at all.
    Their answer shows the intelligence level of current WoW dev team. A steep cliff down from developers of the original WoW.

One enchant less, what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Then why haven't they implemented the TBC model??

Because one thing you could be sure, doing quests over and over in MoP, even for those like me that enjoy doing them, isn't fun. This leads us to the reason of this topic. They can not say something, like we don't want people to keep farming old stuff, whille they forcing people into a lot of more grinding then in previous x-pacs, its an inconsistence.
    You realize you're suggesting replacing 'doing quests over and over' with 'doing dungeons over and over.'

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You realize you're suggesting replacing 'doing quests over and over' with 'doing dungeons over and over.'
    I enjoy farming dungeons far more than farming the same quests over and over, atleast with dungeons it varies based on the group. But apparently that isnt a valid option.

Edit: I would be happy with you can X amount of rep from each faction from dailies every day so you can also get the same amount of rep from farming dungeons every day. Ya dungeons also give you justice points and gear, both of which are far to low ilvl to be worth anything.
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2013-08-20 at 02:54 AM.

I think though that we also forget what blizz has said in the past about how they think the game currently is to involved. When you get a new piece of gear, you pretty much have to gem it, enchant it, and then reforge it to stay optimal and be considered a decent player or know what you are doing. If you enter a raid (especially in cata LFR) without being gemmed, chanted, etc you either got laughed at or kicked, or both. People expect other players to have a certain standard, unfortunately not everyone can/will/knows how to meet that standard, and it only gets worse as more casual and new players enter the game.

If you dont enchant/gem/reforge you are considered a noob and you arent playing your toon to the best potential. So then we come back to head enchants.. If the head enchants have always been 1 extra step you had to basically ring to jump through to be the best/optimal in your play experience. It wasnt really a matter of getting it or not, you got it because it was a direct increase in your progression and showed you knew/know how to play. We have been brainwashed in mmo's before wow, and during wow and probably after wow, that if you can get ahead by getting something tangible in the game, you do it, especially something as fairly easy as grinding some rep.

Imagine if they had always had head enchants like they are, but made the content/quest/rep to get it extremely hard/challenging/time consuming to get it. Would people still do it? would the effort required outweigh some extra stats? The fact that it was easy to do, made it feel mandatory because you just had to do x thing and recieve x reward, you got it and moved on, it felt natural to need/want it and to get it done and out of the way.

Even though i see where blizz says gearing is kinda complicated especially to newer players at 90, i think it could use more complexity, because i thrive on finding every last once of power, stat point, i love to play optimal, bring my best dps, best heals, be the best tank, so to me chanting/gemming/forging is fine, but i wouldnt mind more things added down the road, to enhance our gear in some way, opening up enchanting/modification of trinkets or necklace/ring enchants available to all instead of just enchanting.