Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    As always they shoehorn in 25m testing to inadequate testing blocks for some stupid reason.
    Please read the below blue post explaining what the current testing is focusing on. They're not shoehorning anything in -- they've gotten almost everything they need from testing already -- 25man tests are just numbers and recently changed mechanics. Be thankful they're doing any 25-man testing at all.

At this point, we're just sanity-checking the numbers to make sure that the 25-player scaling is appropriate, since we've tested these encounters a couple of times already, and often on Flexible mode as well. We may spend longer on some fights that have seen more meaningful mechanics changes since the 10-player version, but in general we keep the fights up long enough to see what we need to see, and then shut them down.
    That said, they've made it clear that the patch, while targeted for the 27th, could always be delayed.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    After tomorrow they only have 1 more day of 25m normal testing...then they have to do all of heroic 25m testing. They'd have thurs fri and mon..to squeeze in 13 bosses. And there is bound to be maintenance one more day, which means no testing.

Ugh I was hoping so badly for the 27th for the patch release, I was even counting down the days because I'm ungodly bored of tot and really just want to be out of here.

I mean I doubt they'd push heroic testing into the first week of 5.4 being live, or would they?

Blah, I just don't know what to think. Like the ptr is finished, it just needs final touch ups (probably one more ptr push) and to finish raid testing. D:<

But at the same time they wouldn't have said the 27th, like a week go (I know they said SCHEDULED to end and it could change), if they couldn't make it happen. So if they thought they could make it happen on the 27th only a week ago..they have to have a plan.
    It's still the 27th. They were still doing testing when 5.2 hit. Don't worry there chum. Unless you don't want it to hit on the 27th XD

- - - Updated - - -

Brian Holinka wow's senior pvp designer let slip on twitter "the pvp season end will also mark the date of patch release". And then went on to backpeddle a little.

On Twitter it was stated the release would be "as early as the 27th".
    This is as usual what happens when blizzard try to put a date on something way too early.
    Things happen during that time, and plans change.

It will be ready when its ready, and I would rather have a more complete and more stable patch than a rushed one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    On Twitter it was stated the release would be "as early as the 27th".
    This is as usual what happens when blizzard try to put a date on something way too early.
    Things happen during that time, and plans change.

It will be ready when its ready, and I would rather have a more complete and more stable patch than a rushed one.
    The past 4 (maybe even 5) seasons have ended on day of patch. They didn't give an "As early as". That is speculation by people. But like I posted above, Brian Holinka let slip that "The pvp season end will also mark the date of patch release" on his twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The past 4 (maybe even 5) seasons have ended on day of patch. They didn't give an "As early as". That is speculation by people. But like I posted above, Brian Holinka let slip that "The pvp season end will also mark the date of patch release" on his twitter.
    I will try to find it, but that was the actual wording.
    "as early as".

edit:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nding-Soon-DLC
    https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/367316478858493952
    PvP Season 13 scheduled to end as early as Tuesday, August 27. Learn more about how the transition might affect you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/106...Soon-8_13_2013
    So what sort of "speculation" is that ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-20 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's holinka's

- - - Updated - - -

Now, I didn't put the "Promise" thing on there.

I wish it would get delayed, but purely for selfish reasons

we will know tomorrow, they usually give at least one week notice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I wish it would get delayed, but purely for selfish reasons
    I swear, we go through this every patch. People never want them to release. But FF XIV releases, and Blizzard where they're at now, you can bet want to get the patch out at least by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HOPE they delay it another week or two. I could really use some more ToT farm raids to get ready for the new HC content, and the patch doesn't seem completely 'polished' on the PTR just yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Please read the below blue post explaining what the current testing is focusing on. They're not shoehorning anything in -- they've gotten almost everything they need from testing already -- 25man tests are just numbers and recently changed mechanics. Be thankful they're doing any 25-man testing at all.
    I couldn't care less about their testing, 10m raiders get significantly more time to test encounters.

I'm confident it will be the 27th and any needed hot fixes in the days after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    I HOPE they delay it another week or two. I could really use some more ToT farm raids to get ready for the new HC content, and the patch doesn't seem completely 'polished' on the PTR just yet.
    If you were truly getting ready for HC content, you would be there already. I'm not saying it to be mean, but another week of ToT isn't going to do much for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I swear, we go through this every patch. People never want them to release. But FF XIV releases, and Blizzard where they're at now, you can bet want to get the patch out at least by then.
    I'm aware of all that, and I know I have only myself to blame for being unprepared. I just wish I had one more week, I don't expect to actually get it And it's NOT so I can finish progression or anything like that, I just have real life obligations to take care of; if it holds me back, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    trust me the content is polished, the only thing missing is class tunning and 25man testing i assume they will either do test every 2 days now or will skip 25 heroic and continue testing after patch release
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for 27th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    Realistically, I think they're basically obligated to their shareholders to release on 8/27 to stop the few lost subscriptions that will be going to FFXIV that day. We're going to see a slow run of "bug fixes" and "tuning" in the weeks afterward.
    Basically this, they will tune it live when world first guilds will compete for the first kills as they are killing. It wouldn't be the first time they released a patch when it wasn't fully tuned, and then state that tuning it on live makes it a better tuning solution. Though for the people who pre-ordered ff14 will see it on the 23rd. Though I am sad to say this, I've played an ally rogue since 04 and this up coming patch has nothing in it for me to stay excited about the game, I am one who will try ff14, and if it bombs I'll be pretty much done with mmo's. I had a great time with this game, and I am sad it does not hold the excitement it once had.
    Last edited by Sedon; 2013-08-20 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    They have never ever ever ever ever ever tested heroic content when the patch has gone live. If you think they will this time, you are naive.
    As for the 27th, highly unlikely due to the Gamescom event where some of the top-end guilds have been invited to participate. Blizz would force them to either not show or lost out on their heroic testing.
    Also, the 5.2 release was scheduled for a week earlier than it actually was, so delaying is fully possible as it happened this tier.
    I might have the schedule wrong but I don't see how a live raid on the 24th should interfere with the patch release the week after. They could even let them access the ptr from the gamescom as the raids are scheduled relatively early.
    Nonetheless it is really quite short so while they could very likely stay on that specific date I wouldn't be surprised if they'd delay it either.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-08-20 at 02:12 AM.

The Gamescon live raids are also only for 90 minutes on Friday and Saturday. They can easily schedule testing around that. They might not even need to bother with 25H testing for every single boss (I am pretty sure they skipped some for ToT), because they already will have data from the 10N, 10H and 25N tests of that boss.

They are probably going to load the final PTR build on Wednesday and then run 4-6 testing sessions a day Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reason why it probably won't be the 27th:

They said we would have enough time to cap Valor to 3k.
    They said that when there was realistically only enough time to cap 2k of the 3k.

I know it's not much to go on but it's what I'm suspecting.
    Butts.