Flexible Raid Difficulty - Lockout/Queue Specifics

Hey all, I just wanted to provide the following details about Flexible raids. I've been following information on this feature and am fairly confident the following information is accurate. However, if something below is incorrect, let me know and I will update this post.

• Flexible raids scale in difficulty depending on group size (10-25).
    • You can queue with 8 people minimum, but the raid will still be scaled as if 10 people are in the raid. (Source)
    • You can kill bosses multiple times within one week with different groups, but like LFR you can only get loot from each boss once per week (with the exception of bonus rolls). (Source)
    • Flex raids are also divided into wings like LFR, so you can queue for the specific part of the instance you'd like to do.
    • When queuing the raid will be placed at the earliest boss anyone in the raid has not killed.
      -Example: If everyone queuing up has killed the first 2 bosses, you will start on the 3rd boss; But, if even 1 person has not killed the first 2 bosses when you queue, you will start at the beginning. (Source)
      -However, if you want to start at a later boss anyway: you can queue with a group of people that have already cleared up to a given boss and then add other people to the group that have not cleared as far in order to start at the point you want to. (Source)
    • The release of Flexible raids will be gated, with the first wing available on day one of the patch. (Source)

Hope this information is helpful!
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-08-20 at 03:33 PM. Reason: updated info

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. Quite informative and helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    You should add that Flex will be gated like LFR, with first wing opening the first week like normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You should add that Flex will be gated like LFR, with first wing opening the first week like normal...
    Good point, I updated the original post! Thanks.

You also don't have to do the wings in order, so you can skip the first 11 bosses and queue just for Siegecrafter + Paragons + Garrosh if you wanna farm the BoA weapons.

Unfortunately I don't think Flex has Instance Lock Extension, so you can't save a lockout at Garrosh
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-08-19 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    You also don't have to do the wings in order, so you can skip the first 11 bosses and queue just for Siegecrafter + Paragons + Garrosh if you wanna farm the BoA weapons.

Unfortunately I don't think Flex has Instance Lock Extension, so you can't save a lockout at Garrosh
    Added this information to the original post as well!

I remember them saying Flex will be released at the same pace as normal modes. Did they clear that up in any recent posts or is it like the OP stated above?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    I remember them saying Flex will be released at the same pace as normal modes. Did they clear that up in any recent posts or is it like the OP stated above?
    Chilton said in an interview that Flex would be released at the same pace as Normal, but was later clarified by Ghostcrawler.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    So is SoO Normal gated or not?
    Flex will likely be gated, but wing 1 open on day 1 along with normal. Heroic on week 2, prob with LFR wing 1. Not set in stone. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-19 at 10:12 PM.

I found sources for most of the information I originally posted.
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-08-20 at 03:54 PM.