Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Let's remove some pathetic race-class combinations

Some expansions added race-class combinations, resulting to have more compatible classes with races.

This is good, but... do we really have sensed combinations now?

Let's remove some shit Blizzard:

1) Dwarf Mage: I don't think it's just me, but when I see a Dwarf playing arcane/fire magic I feel depressed.
    2) Dwarf Rogue: it's not so scandalous, but tactical, furtive, venomous attacks don't fit well into this race.
    3) Night Elf Mage: wtf is this honestly? Night Elves should kick everyone playing arcane magic while only Azshara would approve this.
    4) Gnome Warrior: this obscenity is existing since Vanilla. Let's roll a tauren rogue now!
    5) Gnome Priest: come on! Gnomes don't give a f**k about holy things.
    6) Draenei Hunter: I don't approve this, it's like an octopus able to train dogs, etc.
    7) Worgen Hunter: not an octopus, now a wolf training dogs.
    8) Orc Mage: for the glory of the horde, remove this combo now.
    9) Tauren Priest: it's a tauren priest did you know?
    10) Goblin Priest: holy sh...
    11) X Monk: why x? Because monks fit perfectly in pandas only.

Did you know?

- all the races can play the Warrior class
    - Priest class is not playable by Orcs only
    - Hunter class is not playable by Gnomes only
    - Mage class is not playable by Taurens only
    - only Draenei and Taurens can't be Rogue

they need to go the other way and let you be any class with the race you want

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with any of the classes/race combinations they added. I'd also be keen to see some Gnome Hunters.

No, its fine.
    I wouldn't mind them adding in a few more race/class combinations.

Pretty much most of your reasons have blatant lore connections as to why.

Dwarf Mage and Rogue: Makes perfect sense. See: Dark Iron Dwarves. Not that Magi/Rogues are exclusive to them, but its blatantly clear Dwarves know Arcane (Did you know Ragnaros was summoned by a Dwarven Mage? Modgud Thaurissan. I'm assuming you don't since your post seems largely ignorant of the actual lore).

Highborne Magi: They have flavor text in the game explaining why Night Elf mages exist.

Gnome Warrior: Uhh...anybody can pick up a stick and hit somebody? There's a reason all races can finally play a Warrior. Because anybody can at least start learning how to swing a sword.

Gnome Priest: Again, blatant lore in the game explaining this. Gnomes are inquisitive and have been experimenting with the Light to see how it works. Makes perfect sense for them.

Draenei Hunter: Your logic here makes absolute no sense so all I'll say is that, just like Warriors, everybody should be able to learn how to pick up a bow and shoot.

Worgen Hunter: See above. More nonlogic.

Tauren Priest: Sun Seer.

Goblin Priest: Same as Gnomes, but they use it in a more exploitative fashion.

Monks: Pandaren teaching everybody.

So, in short: You're just wrong, sorry. I find it funny people were wanting more combos for a long time and now, just 1 expansion after Cata, there's somebody saying there should be less.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-08-25 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    i play a gnome priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer they did something completely different: Open every class to ever race, BUT chance each race to be 'better' for certain classes. + or - to certain stats, like many, many, many other games do, based on race. Blood Elves being weaker at STR but stronger at INT. Shit like that. Just an example. Some races are naturally better at being some classes, and their stats should reflect this. However, opening it up to free-for-all will allow people (especially RP'ers) to make the combinations they want regardless of min/max'ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'd rather them slowly introduce it. Doesn't make sense for every race to be a shaman or paladin for example. I'm fine with them slowly introducing additional race -class combos, if they introduce lore with it. Similar to the sun walkers, blood knights ect ect.

I mean... how would a undead paladin make sense exactly? It doesn't at all. Its already a stretch that they can be priests.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'd prefer they did something completely different: Open every class to ever race, BUT chance each race to be 'better' for certain classes. + or - to certain stats, like many, many, many other games do, based on race. Blood Elves being weaker at STR but stronger at INT. Shit like that. Just an example. Some races are naturally better at being some classes, and their stats should reflect this. However, opening it up to free-for-all will allow people (especially RP'ers) to make the combinations they want regardless of min/max'ing.
    It was like this for certain classes in Vanilla per abilities (Priests were bad in this regard). And it was terrible because it meant if you weren't X race you weren't doing it right.

There's really no reason for Blizzard to purposefully make certain races just bad at a class. I'd rather them just be unavailable.

gnomes for sure should only be able to roll as doorstops.

I still want Gnome Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Let's remove some shit Blizzard:
    And please start the shit removing from forum whiners who want to prevent others from having fun like the OP.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I must say I find it odd that the person who invented a class with absolutely zero lore background is now complaining about how certain class-race combinations have questionable lore.

Just let anyone play an combo they want... just.... let it... happen.

Oh and remove dps racials.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    snip
    by your logic we should also remove
    Orc- everything not shaman or warrior
    Tauren- everything not druid
    Troll-everything not shaman or hunter
    Undead- everything
    Blood Elves- everything not mage
    goblins- everything not a banker in Booty Bay
    Human- everything not a pally
    Night elves- everything not a druid
    Gnome- everythin gnot a mage
    Dwarf- everything not a warrior
    Dreanei- everything not a mage
    Worgen- everything not a rogue

because none of them take any outside knowledge of how to diversify a race
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

There are lore reasons for every single one posted. And what about those who play the race/class combos you list? Their chosen race/class combo is removed, and they... what? Are forced to race change? Congratulations, you've just pissed off a significant chunk of the WoW playing community, if not most of them (since I bet most players will at least have one alt in one of these race/class combos).

Besides, my Draenei Hunter is awesome, so. Screw you!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point its not possible to remove any combinations. A forced race change would flood the forums and cause a lot of uproar. The best thing blizzard can do is to not add anymore stupid combinations.

I'd like Gnome Druids to be a possibility. There are several battle pets that could serve as a template for Gnome shapeshifting forms:
    - Bear form http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53658#modelviewer:10+0
    - Cat form http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52226#modelviewer:10+0
    - Tree form http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62020#modelviewer:10+0
    - Moonkin form http://www.wowhead.com/npc=51601#modelviewer:10+0
    - Travel form (cheetah) http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62129#modelviewer:10+0
    - Travel form (reindeer) http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15706#modelviewer:10+0

Gnome Hunters would also be a nice addition.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2013-08-25 at 07:46 AM.