Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

EA activation servers

Got some Origin stuff on the humble bundle recently, Dead Space 3 was probably one of the only ones I was interested in but I find myself plagued with a constant "We're sorry, an error has occured - We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate on this computer using your account. Please try again later."

Suffice to say I've tried again later, and then later-er. Anyone having similar woes with Origin lately or knows of a potential problem point?

I think their game activation servers have been on the shit since the bundle started. They seem to work intermittently as they're under heavy load.

Origin Activation servers, Origin Redeem servers, Origin Login servers, and EA and Origin home pages as well as several directories and even some BattleField 3 EA/DICE Hosted servers have been constantly crashing since HB Started.

In a way, I'm surprised not more has gone down, and even more often considering the near 1.5M sales in 6 days.

must have come as a shock to EA. Realizing that being humble actually sells games. Oh how I laughed (and obviously didn't buy) when I saw the bundle. EA going to church, washing away their sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    must have come as a shock to EA. Realizing that being humble actually sells games. Oh how I laughed (and obviously didn't buy) when I saw the bundle. EA going to church, washing away their sin.
    But 6 games for at least 1$, even if you're not going to play them, ever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    But 6 games for at least 1$, even if you're not going to play them, ever.
    It appears I'm a man of principle. I don't buy from EA. 1.5 milion people apparently sell their integrity

It appears I'm a man of principle. I don't buy from EA. 1.5 milion people apparently sell their integrity
    I don't want to financially support EA either. But considering they don't see a penny, I can donate some money to charity, I can get some games I've actually wanted, and I can support the Humble Bundle guys? Sure, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't want to financially support EA either. But considering they don't see a penny, I can donate some money to charity, I can get some games I've actually wanted, and I can support the Humble Bundle guys? Sure, why not.
    I hate EA with a passion, as well as Origin.

But again, For the $4.70 (Before the "average" minimum increased) I spent to get all of the games including BF3, you can change the sliders below to adjust how much money who gets. I gave EA 10 cents. So paying EA 10 cents to get 4 games I enjoy playing, 2 I haven't played and wanted to atleast try, and 3 to give away (Driving Games, and Sims make me go insane and make no sense to me why anyone would play them. The third being Crysis, a game series I never really cared for.)

So for $60.10. I got BF3 on all 3 platforms. Only one I had to pay full price for. PSN had it for free, and PC got it for 10 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkosyia View Post
    I gave EA 10 cents.
    No you didn't, there is no option to give EA anything.

making excuses is not my type of thing I don't get upset that you caved in, but any support for EA, being through charity or not, means more market share for EA. Which is bad.

Deleted
    My girlfriend gifted me it so I've don't have the "selling away my integrity" issue, and don't they donate the full amount to charity anyway? Seems more like a scheme to get people onto Origin if you ask me, kind of like what Valve do with TF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No you didn't, there is no option to give EA anything.

Okay, so I misphrased. Gave Humblebumble 10 cents, and didn't give EA a bloody thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    My girlfriend gifted me it so I've don't have the "selling away my integrity" issue, and don't they donate the full amount to charity anyway? Seems more like a scheme to get people onto Origin if you ask me, kind of like what Valve do with TF2.
    I think it truly is.
    "Please get on Origin! We need more people on our servers so our CEO's can buy more drugs!"

Origin is... Well, bad. At Least on the BF3 side of things, but that rant goes into another thread of debate.

Deleted
    1.5 million people have helped donating 7 million dollars to charity so far.

How the FUCK can people still bash EA for running this? Does it really matter why they do it when they have given 7 MILLION DOLLARS to charity?
    Don't like EA - fine, don't buy their products, but don't bash them for doing something great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    1.5 million people have helped donating 7 million dollars to charity so far.

How the FUCK can people still bash EA for running this? Does it really matter why they do it when they have given 7 MILLION DOLLARS to charity?
    Don't like EA - fine, don't buy their products, but don't bash them for doing something great.
    This is my stance.

I paid $60 for my bundle and don't feel bad about it by any stretch.

You know i also hate EA, but there is no reason to hate on this. Everything is going to charity. This actually added a lot of points to EA from my side. Also because they actually also offered steamkeys on top of originkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    But it's all a marketing/PR stunt! Rabble rabble rabble.

EA totally hopes to get something out of this (DLC sales etc.) but I agree with you. They're doing something good for others, and while I wish they'd look internally and do the same for their own employees and properties, I'm not letting my dislike of the company blind me to a decent act.

Those 1.5 million people achieved one of the best deals around to getting their hands on games (w/o the need for piracy). That's not "selling their integrity", that's being financially smart while doing some good for those in need of donations.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Those 1.5 million people achieved one of the best deals around to getting their hands on games (w/o the need for piracy). That's not "selling their integrity", that's being financially smart while doing some good for those in need of donations.
    That's what people that sell their integrity say about themselves. Don't you watch movies?

Just an FYI; These facts are known:
    - EA is involved
    - Origin is involved

Both of those are strong deterrents.

- 90% of donation funds never make it to the group that's targeted by those donations.

You can browse the infamous internets for studies over the last 10 years to find out that this statement is approximately true (give or take a few %), or you can just look up the annual revenue of charity organizations (which is probably 1.000.000 times your annual salary) and then zoom out, focus back on Africa and notice that no fucks were given, no fucks were happ..no wait fucks happening all over, but no one actually got more wealthy or healthy

Even if a charity focusses on more managable charitable causes like cancer, there's about a couple handsfull of "cancer foundations" that collect billions each year (together), but so far it hasn't been cured and I might add that it's still about chemo, chemo, chemo (having both had my mother with cancer and recently lost my father due to cancer) and radiation, radiation, radiation.

Now, go back to buying that bundle and crying yourself to sleep over how you got a cheap deal from gamings archenemy number 1, soothing your mind by telling yourself that you actually contributed to charity. HAH.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-08-20 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, go back to buying that bundle and crying yourself to sleep over how you got a cheap deal from gamings archenemy number 1, soothing your mind by telling yourself that you actually contributed to charity. HAH.

Anyone want a BF3 key? Turns out I already have the game and don't remember buying it. xD PM me

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of money to charity.
    Bunch of cheap quality games for you.
    Bunch of good PR for EA.

It's really a Win/Win/Win. There shouldn't be anyone complaining really...