Deleted

Heroic Dark Animus 10 man help

So We've had roughly 115 wipes on this fucker now. Some really close attempts (15%, 12%, 7%, 5%) and we really wanna get him down and try for our cutting edge title before 5.4 drops.

We're running 3 tanks 2 healers. I'll provide logs for two of our closest attempts, one from tonight and one from yesterday.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ln...=10104&e=10402

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sc...=12897&e=13209

One of our main problems seems to be matter swaps during the start. We have one person assigned to each tank and stay further from middle so they get the matter swaps over the tanks whilst tanks are filling up their adds (once tanks are doing filling their adds I take every matter swap)

Anyone got any ideas as to what we could do to get this guy down?

I looked at the 5:12 attempt

Goldendeath does a lot less damage than his DK tank buddy, they use completely different spells to do damage so one can learn from the other.
    He also did 1.3 mill dmg to the boss. He shouldn't be venting his anger on the massive (to which he did over 10mill).

As a team you took over 9 mill dmg from anima font on that attempt. That seems like a lot to me, its over 30k hps used to heal preventable damage.

Finally, you wiped because the tank died to a matter swop and it cascaded from there. If you can sort:
    1) Matter swops
    2) Fonts
    3) Have people hitting the right targets

I'd imagine he'll die.

GL with lei shen HC, its a bastard :P

In addition to Deja's notes, I see:

Massive Slam nearly 1-shotting sometimes. There should either be a swap there or a cooldown of some sort. Tanks need to know how much damage they're going to take from it and not get stacks from Massives they're not tanking.

Matter Swap dispels look really slow sometimes too, dealing huge damage. They're also sometimes done just before or after a Jolt, which just equals death. Make sure people are topped before dispelling or dispelled early then topped before a Jolt.

Ring damage is all over the place. It looks like people are soaking Rings that shouldn't be. Same with Slams. Some ranged appear to be hanging out in melee and taking damage they don't need to.

Most deaths seem to come from Font damage. No one should get hit by Font. Not even tanks. The only exception is the tank getting Ringed and the person soaking the Ring; sometimes they have to eat Font to clear the Ring or get out in time. However, this situation should be recognized a cooldown should be used. Everyone else getting hit by Font just isn't paying attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    In addition to Deja's notes, I see:

Massive Slam nearly 1-shotting sometimes. There should either be a swap there or a cooldown of some sort. Tanks need to know how much damage they're going to take from it and not get stacks from Massives they're not tanking.

Matter Swap dispels look really slow sometimes too, dealing huge damage. They're also sometimes done just before or after a Jolt, which just equals death. Make sure people are topped before dispelling or dispelled early then topped before a Jolt.

Ring damage is all over the place. It looks like people are soaking Rings that shouldn't be. Same with Slams. Some ranged appear to be hanging out in melee and taking damage they don't need to.

Most deaths seem to come from Font damage. No one should get hit by Font. Not even tanks. The only exception is the tank getting Ringed and the person soaking the Ring; sometimes they have to eat Font to clear the Ring or get out in time. However, this situation should be recognized a cooldown should be used. Everyone else getting hit by Font just isn't paying attention.
    This comes as a bit of a surprise to me as I thought we'd been handling font pretty well. Admittedly occasionally I will take damage from it when being matter swapped into someone elses font but I didn't realise it was that big of a problem. I'll link this thread to my RL to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears golden took most damage from anima font. Is there a decent way of preventing it from hitting him other than "person with font doesn't stand too close to tanks" or "tanks need to dance too"?

I haven't looked at any logs because I am on my phone but I know that when we were progressing on him (also useing 3 tanks 2 heals) we found that we had the most trouble with matter swaps when they were happening two at a time. The way you fix this problem is by having one tank activate his massive then the other tank waits about 6 seconds to activate his. This will make it so the missives don't both matter swap at the same time. Hope this helps, it helped us get our first kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I looked at the 5:12 attempt

Goldendeath does a lot less damage than his DK tank buddy, they use completely different spells to do damage so one can learn from the other.
    He also did 1.3 mill dmg to the boss. He shouldn't be venting his anger on the massive (to which he did over 10mill).

Hey Deja,

About the damage, My dk buddy is startin on boss (so he's starting with his diseases).

My role in this puzzle is first takin 2 small anima to fill up a large one (with help from 2 dps). after that i taunt off an small one from our resto druid & take it to a massive one.

Togheter with that small anima from the healer i kill 8 more inactive small golems.

Since im running troughout the whole room to fill up my massive golem, im losing dps meters with my buddy dk.

After i kill the 2 first small golems into the large one, i dont have any diseases on the inactive ones (waste of gcd)!!

When my massive is filled up, i switched to the boss (at smash i turn my massive, so no one get hit).

If there is a better strat for me, i would love to hear it

Deleted
    Apart from you filling up a large at the start the strategy looks pretty standard (re: filling up your massive with inactives). The main thing is to make sure that as soon as your massive is filled up you're straight onto the boss and targetting him (as opposed to the massive - 10m is a lot of damage on that Massive and I can't see you doing that amount of damage to it just as you move around the room breaking Small Inactives).

Looks like you have the right idea based on the 4:58 attempt where you did a lot more damage to DA (~8m, still not a ton admittedly). Typically you would expect to see tanks being fairly competitive with DPS on damage done to DA. Make sure that DA is always targetted, even though I understand it can be annoying to reposition / rotate the Massive as you do this. Considering that your guild is close to a kill, the extra damage by you on DA will probably result in a kill.

Would suggest using DPS gear if you aren't already, but the main thing really is to make sure that your uptime on DA is maximised once you've done your job

golden, it basically as splinternz said. Considering at about 2 minutes you should be done with the cleanup that gives you 3 minutes (in the 4:58) attempt to smack the boss. If the boss is facing the entrance to the room then just face your massive away on one side with the 2nd massive faced away on the other side. DA has a large enough hitbox for you to be able to smack him without repositioning.

Just don't forget to move left/right at all times to avoid the font. Move left 4 yards. Wait a 2 seconds or so then move right 4 yards. Once you have cleaned up it should be a matter of avoiding the fonts, making sure you have AMS up for smashes and popping a big cooldown for as many jolts as possible to give the healers breathing room to help the raid.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    I haven't looked at any logs because I am on my phone but I know that when we were progressing on him (also useing 3 tanks 2 heals) we found that we had the most trouble with matter swaps when they were happening two at a time. The way you fix this problem is by having one tank activate his massive then the other tank waits about 6 seconds to activate his. This will make it so the missives don't both matter swap at the same time. Hope this helps, it helped us get our first kill.
    ^^ The above is a very good point.

Moving on to my own comments; there should be no reason to move out of the boss range for a Massive to smash when you get into the boss burn, melee just need to be aware not to stand there. The extra damage that tanks can put on Dark Animus by doing this is pretty large! To give you an indication, we 2 tank this fight and I clear the entire set of Small Golems in 1min 30 to 1min 50, after which I am then nuking the boss, I usually do ~35M damage+ to Dark Animus by the time the boss dies (5M is from my Execution Sentence at the start of the fight by abusing Vengeance though!)

Also, there isn't really an excuse for tanks to be getting hit by Anima Font either. As tank I typically get hit by font 2-3 times per attempt / kill, which tends to occur when I've got 2 consecutive smashes (as I tank both Massive Golems) which have obscured the red font circle at my feet, or if I taunt the boss to drop stacks and get Anima Ring just as a Font is about to hit.. and imo that's stil pretty bad play by me!! 9M font damage on one attempt is absolutely loads. We typically get 3-4M on a pretty bad attempt (tends to include someone dying to it at that level). Your healers are going to be really straining to deal with all the unnecessary damage there.

All that said, you guys are really close - a few little tweaks and you'll be progressing on Lei Shen!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Killed it! Thanks any help guys

Deleted
    Pwnd that freaking boss!!!!

For future reference since you've killed it (grats) the way I setup our raid for p2 to deal with swaps was the following:
    Split the square room into 4 smaller squares, unique by a marker of different color in each corner. NW block and SE block are for people with anima font. NW also holds melee who can move while dodging. NE and SW blocks are for ranged/heals without font. If you get matter swap, you move to a NE or SW block. At the far corners of NE and SW are 2 people (we used ranged dps) at all times - these are the people that should soak. If either of these people get matter swap, they don't need to move back to their corner.
    here's our first kill http://www.twitch.tv/clootche/c/2598443
    blue is NW, yellow is SE, green is NE, purple is SW.