Poll: what you think

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5 reasons why shadow hunter is more likely than tinkers

assuming the dark below is real, and assuming its about the south seas here are 5 reasons why shadowhunter is more likely than tinker (although it probably wont be a class if its south seas, it will likely be new models + naga for horde and something else for alliance)

1: can actually use ranged weapons like bows instead of robits

2: zandalar is in the south seas and is a huge empire while undermine has been covered in magma so refugees who dont want to fight the alliance and horde seek refuge in exchange for teaching them about their voodoo that they do. goblins are stuck underground.

3: easier to implement then battle mechs are, they can use mail like normal classes and can use bows, daggers. one handed swords.

4: can heal without shovin needles in you. good ole hoodoo voodoo is better for your blood and bowel movements then science and needles

5: would offer a unique playstyle being a mix of shaman and hunter while keepin that warcraft feel and are more established in wow lore then steam warriors are.

specs

headhunter:

dual wield melee dps. uses a mix of curses and quick stabs to kill their enemies, their blades are empowered by the loa

witch doctor:

healer and crowd control.

can heal by both granting life and stealing life from enemies and sending it to allies. can also curse enemies turning them into chibi versions of the opposite faction to insult them.

dark ranger:

using a mix of totem magic and bows guns and crossbows the dark ranger mixes shadow magic with physical blows of his arrows.

Vanity spells

Voodoo dance: dancing causes all enemies atleast 10 levels below you and all allies to become possesed by the loa and start dancing and singing praises to the loa.

lasts 15 seconds can be used once an hour

summon loa: once every ten minutes summon a loa who will tell you a fortune. depending on level and continent which loa you will recieve. depending on how many times you have died recently or won loot the loa will tell you different fortunes.
    occasionally you will summon the wrong loa and he will kill you and leave you naked on the floor until you rez

IT DO GROW BACK MON!: cuts off a limb and using dark magic you grow it back. good for party tricks. occasionally you die from it not growing back in time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why are they hunting shadows? Don't they know that shadows aren't alive and are the result of an object passing in front of a source of light?

No wonder we kill thousands of idiot trolls every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why are they hunting shadows? Don't they know that shadows aren't alive and are the result of an object passing in front of a source of light?

No wonder we kill thousands of idiot trolls every expansion.
    they dont hunt the shadows. they hunt with the shadows
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

While I like the flavor of Shadow Hunters, I don't think they'd be unique enough to make an entire class out of.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Would be a mix of Shaman and Hunter."

Won't happen. Blizz has said long ago they have no desire to do "A + B" classes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "Would be a mix of Shaman and Hunter."

Won't happen. Blizz has said long ago they have no desire to do "A + B" classes.
    all classes are a+b classes

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they dont hunt the shadows. they hunt with the shadows
    Isn't that just a normal hunter?

The trouble is just about all that you have touched upon is in the game its just throwing a bunch of class design togther. Its trying to fill a spot in game that is already taken. The tinker however is a totally new concept in wow and fills a much larger spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    The trouble is just about all that you have touched upon is in the game its just throwing a bunch of class design togther. Its trying to fill a spot in game that is already taken. The tinker however is a totally new concept in wow and fills a much larger spot.
    a tinker is just a guy in a robot.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that just a normal hunter?
    no, it uses shadow magic and voodoo. hunter doesnt use any magics

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tinker is beating the Demon Hunter.

This class doesn't stand a chance.

no class beats the demon hunter.

So... this is a class just for Trolls?

I dont think they will add any class with Hunter in the title.

Tinker would at least be interesting, but I hope there are no more new classes or specs for next expansion, just polish things up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    all classes are a+b classes
    Nope, not really.

Most classes have actual backing to how they play or how their lore goes.

None are so blatantly A+B as the OP's Shadow Hunter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So... this is a class just for Trolls?
    no. its a class by trolls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I dont think they will add any class with Hunter in the title.

Tinker would at least be interesting, but I hope there are no more new classes or specs for next expansion, just polish things up.
    probably wont be a next class in the next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Nope, not really.

Most classes have actual backing to how they play or how their lore goes.

None are so blatantly A+B as the OP's Shadow Hunter.
    i described them in a general sense. shadow hunter wouldnt be any more a+b than any other class in the game

no, it uses shadow magic and voodoo. hunter doesnt use any magics
    Hunters use magic. What do you think Arcane Shot is? They even use shadow magic with black arrow.

Hunters use magic. What do you think Arcane Shot is? They even use shadow magic with black arrow.
    one or two spells.

shadow hunter would be to a hunter what a death knight or paladin is to a warrior

IMO Shadow Hunter works better as a 4th spec for Shamans either as a physical ranged with poisons and shadow damage or as a voodoo magic elemental type shaman.

There arent many WC3 units left that could make good classes. They all could be made into new specs for current classes but as whole new classes, there is just not enough material to make unique specs without just making 2 of them up out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    no class beats the demon hunter.
    The Tinker is. Mainly because people are starting to realize that shallow archetypes aren't made into standalone WoW classes. They become part of WoW classes.

In the case of Shadow Hunters, they are fully absorbed into the Shaman class. Troll Shaman are essentially Shadow Hunters. We even get a glyph that turns Searing Totem into Serpent Ward.

Roll Shadow Hunter in with Dark Rangers and Sentinels, and it could work. A generalised magic archer would potentially work and fills a gap in the armour distribution.

I still consider Tinkers to be a bizzare concept. And its got a crappy sounding name. No idea why its being pimped out so much.