Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long to hit Exalted with Netherwing?

Just finished my Skyguard grind after 2 days. Started on Netherwing Rep but no mobs give rep and theres no repeatable quests. In a way thats kind of good cause I wont get burned out doing long grind sessions fighting against other people. About how long does it take doing the daily quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Just finished my Skyguard grind after 2 days. Started on Netherwing Rep but no mobs give rep and theres no repeatable quests. In a way thats kind of good cause I wont get burned out doing long grind sessions fighting against other people. About how long does it take doing the daily quests?
    Since netherwing eggs are repeatable, it can be done in a single day.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32506

Don't forget your DMF 10% reputation buff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locate the egg spawn points and camp them. Shouldn't take too long after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    Locate the egg spawn points and camp them. Shouldn't take too long after that.
    they spawn in the same places every time? how long is the respawn?

i did it in 3 or 4 days, just farming some eggs in between dungeons/LFR queues without a big effort! Just find a path thru the mines that allows you to collect a large number of eggs!

It was before x-realm... dunno how easy it is now...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are only 6-8 eggs spawned at a time, over all spawn points. They respawn every hour or so I think. It's tough to get a lot of them nowadays due to CRZ.

I wouldn't recommend farming eggs really. They are kinda hard to find and will take up loads of your time if you'd like to hit exalted quick. Anyway, i'd recommend sticking to the actual dailies, which will take you 14-16 days, depending on the random eggs that you'll find.

Just my five cents.

Good luck

Don't forget to head to Kara every week. Netherspite drops eggs now. Take a shot at a mount and some pets on your way up too.

not always on the same spots but there aren't a lot of spots. They rotate a bit but not a lot! After 2 or 3 runs you will know all of them.usually on close spots!

Eggs have a long respawn (not that a whole lot of people are there farming anymore) but you can also kill mobs in the mines for chances at eggs. At lvl 90 you can clear the mine in a couple minutes and the first mobs should be respawning when you kill the last ones.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Malsiv View Post
    Don't forget to head to Kara every week. Netherspite drops eggs now. Take a shot at a mount and some pets on your way up too.
    really? hahaha! awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I spent about, 1 hour a day farming eggs, 30minutes after my dailys, which was around 1200 then 30minutes before raid, 1630. This was pre CRZ on outland EU aswell, and managed to pick up on average around 6-8 eggs, shortened my the daily grind alot. Also, while your in the mines, all the flayers in there have a chance to drop them aswell, so its worth group pulling and looting them.

There are also some "hidden" quests aswell, that drop off mobs, like the oozes or the flayers in the mines, drop a quest at like, honoured? which gives you another daily iirc.

And once you know what the eggs look like they are a lot easier to spot. Easier than the serpent eggs in Jade Forest. Although bliz did like hiding the eggs inside the mine carts in the mine.

Deleted
    I just did the dailies and got whatever eggs I came across, managed to get it within a week I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    really? hahaha! ahttp://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328613-How-long-to-hit-Exalted-with-Netherwing?p=21987167#post21987167wesome!
    Yeaah.. no. It's 15 mins for 1-3 eggs. If you don't get lost.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I tried for a whole day and got fedup with it. Finally the next day, I concentrated and took time not to get lost and made it in less than half an hour, so patience is the virtue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Since netherwing eggs are repeatable, it can be done in a single day.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32506

Don't forget your DMF 10% reputation buff.
    LOL in 1 day... You are dreaming or something?

Like others said, they are not that easy to find, they spawn infrequently actually, and they are nowadays contested due to CRZ.
    The conventional way for Netherwing rep takes approximately a month to max it. Doing dailies and the sky races with accidental finds of an egg here and there.
    wasting hours to try farming the eggs is not sufficient. The spawns are few, and yet spread out over a pretty wide area. While you camp one spot, they may just be grabbed by other players in other spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And once you know what the eggs look like they are a lot easier to spot. Easier than the serpent eggs in Jade Forest. Although bliz did like hiding the eggs inside the mine carts in the mine.
    they are also inside buildings. Blizzard is tricky that way lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Was going to say make sure to kill Netherspite every week, but someone beat me to it. :P
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    I don't understand why you should kill netherspite every week. I farmed the eggs in 3 days or so. Should be doable faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyguard I did in 5-6h ish on a 70 twink, Netherwing about a day give or take on the same toon.
    But my server is well and truly dead, I never saw a single person while I did either (pre crz).
    Just did a round of the area scouting for eggs every 45mins in-between I constantly farmed mobs in the tunnel + the center of the island.