Going Arcane for PvE, a few questions.

I've become so bored of fire lately and I really want to dive back into arcane. I'm putting out great numbers as fire (536 ilvl) but I'm just getting fed up with the RNG of it.

So far I understand there is a few builds: full mastery, hybrid at 9762 haste, and full haste. Looking at my current gear what do you think is my best bet? Sadly I''m stuck with the SPA trinket still (awful luck on wushoo) so does that mean a haste build is going to be inferior because of the RPPM system and I only have Cha-Ye's/legendary meta? Using Mr. Robot I can reach 9762 haste but then I only have 7680 mastery, is that far too little mastery to run a hybrid haste build or even full haste? I'd be very interested in a full haste/IW build if I have the gear for it, sounds really fun not having to stand in your RoP and I've read that's a viable build to run. If that is way too little mastery though I'm fine running full mastery/RoP.

Also with a full mastery build does that mean mage armor all the time? What about full haste is that frost armor 100%?

I can't post links yet, my character is on Crushridge named Kafei.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

There's a great guide on these forums that will surely answer all your questions. I'm not that deep into arcane, but I think that I once read that the haste build was only viable in 5.1 when you could do scorch weaving. Think the only viable build currently is full mastery.

The Guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Mage-PvE-Guide

If you really want to go arcane then just go full mastery, Mage armor, RoP. I have played this and the "hybrid" build and the differences were marginal. I did however not switch to arcane till I was like 547 ilvl so I could gem and reforge every thing to mastery except 2 haste gems and be over the 9762 BP so either seemed to play the same.

Thanks for the replies! I'm about 20 pages deep in comments on that guide and these were the questions I had, they went unnoticed there so I thought hey let's make a topic about it!

I think the thing with the haste build was because of Nether Attunement your mana regen would be high enough to compensate for the 10% less regen you get with IW. Even then I read it's mostly a Patchwerk spec and falls terribly short on multitarget fights, and you would think the huge mastery decrease would be an issue.

I guess my only concern now is should I go for that 9762 BP or not. Would 7680 mastery be too low to benefit from the extra mage bomb tick?

I guess my only concern now is should I go for that 9762 BP or not. Would 7680 mastery be too low to benefit from the extra mage bomb tick?
    If you are at that low mastery, I would not recommend going for 9762 haste. Pick a lower NT breakpoint that you can comfortably reach and go with that. With meta and 2 RPPM trinkets, haste is technically a little better single target currently I believe, but suffers a lot on multi target. You can pretty much forget IW if you want to do competitive damage, just learn to use the rune since it will become easier to use in a few weeks anyway.

I quit using a full haste build after blizzard killed scorch weaving, it just isn't worth it anymore, go mastery or hybrid but I've found full mastery to be better for me at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bitLink View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I'm about 20 pages deep in comments on that guide and these were the questions I had, they went unnoticed there so I thought hey let's make a topic about it!

I think the thing with the haste build was because of Nether Attunement your mana regen would be high enough to compensate for the 10% less regen you get with IW. Even then I read it's mostly a Patchwerk spec and falls terribly short on multitarget fights, and you would think the huge mastery decrease would be an issue.

Can you get haste down to 6414 whilst keeping the same Haste + Mastery values ?