Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    It is not even a nerf. Time xuen properly in p2 and the damage becomes easy to cope with, even with a late/non existing comet. And there's not a lot reason to not use the celestials as raidcds.
    I'm not sure how you handled the twilight adds during progression but we used Xuen early in P1 to slow down Suen for revealing more adds to prevent instant healer deaths caused by all adds shootting at the same player at once... so using Xuen at the start of P2 was no option (anyway we used Chi-ji to kill the adds fast enough at the start of P2).

  2. #22
    a Few things:

    1) Utter bullshit that Blizzard fixes this 1 week prior to patch launching, If I could spit in their face I would for that one.
    2) The "bug" is controllable and once we found out how it made the random wipes non existant. If your ranged dps are too far from Suen when she charges with the flame trail , it would DELAY the ice comet cast time. If that happened, there was no 2nd comet. The way to combat this was to make sure your range were within 10-15 yards of Suen for the first comet.

    Still bullshit they couldnt of addressed it sooner and I'm also waiting for the "trash respawn when changing to heroic" bug to be fixed, since Wrath.

  3. #23
    Deleted
    Funny how to hotfix this now a week before SoO when it doesnt matter anymore.

  4. #24
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Basically, this hotfix is just like the Spirit Kings fixed order "nerf". The fight itself was doable all the time but being "lucky" with the comets after phase transition could ruin a good try. So this is just a nerf to the fight and nobody should have problems with them if you have downed them before.
    I wouldnt call it a nerf if they lower the amount of comets you can use to hide from Molten Inferno.

  5. #25
    This hotfix is about 3 months too late... really.
    Now you can outgear bad RNG.. but during progress if you had bad RNG and only got 1 comet spawn before inferno it was pretty much a wipe..
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I wouldnt call it a nerf if they lower the amount of comets you can use to hide from Molten Inferno.
    Ah, what? You need only one comet for hiding. And if your tank is good, you can use one comet fully to reduce stacks and use the second to at least half life points to reduce stacks even more without it being melted.
    Don't know why you think you need three comets per Nuclear Inferno?

  7. #27
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    I'm not sure how you handled the twilight adds during progression but we used Xuen early in P1 to slow down Suen for revealing more adds to prevent instant healer deaths caused by all adds shootting at the same player at once... so using Xuen at the start of P2 was no option (anyway we used Chi-ji to kill the adds fast enough at the start of P2).
    Get a melee/free tank to taunt suen and run around to reveal adds ? An engineer with taunt can make a full circle and reveal every existant add in the room withought tiger.

    This week(yesterday) we entered last phase with 4 comets up, so no issues with the spawn rate, so dont melt them and you are okay.

  8. #28
    I've never seen more than 2 comets per inferno on 10M?

    It was usually 1 or 2 before the first inferno, then always 2 during the whole phase. Anyway, if you use Xuen at the start of the second phase, healing through an inferno without a comet is pretty trivial.

    This patch is a bit late though...

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Lumiair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    392
    Better late than never I suppose. But this was really only a minor annoyance. . . use ALL the CD's!

  10. #30
    The Patient Kowloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Walled City
    Posts
    322
    Kinda ridiculous that it took them 3 months to fix this bug considering it's been known for so long. I wonder if they are ever going to get around to fixing heroic Durumu next. (Probably not :[)

    My guild had wiped to Twins due to that bug several times during progression.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    1,209
    Sure this was kinda harsh when we first reached the encounter on heroic to find ourselves just standing there with no icecube and the nuke going off, these days it barely phases us I think. Just stack in the middle, use a cd and some aoe healing and move on. I think we might actually be more stunned this week wondering why it takes her so long to cast it ...

    The problem always seems to be with the first cast tho and never after that. I think 3 icecubes up is the most we have had at one time. I assume that is a normal 2 cast + 1 that got pushed over from having been failed to cast initially.

  12. #32
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Basically, this hotfix is just like the Spirit Kings fixed order "nerf". The fight itself was doable all the time but being "lucky" with the comets after phase transition could ruin a good try. So this is just a nerf to the fight and nobody should have problems with them if you have downed them before.
    Sorry but what? Fixing an issue where comets not spawning at the correct time is not a "nerf", and is nothing like making Spirit Kings spawn in a set order. The fight is intended to have two comets before the first Nuclear Inferno every time, so when only one spawns it's not a case of blaming "bad rng" or "a bit harder but doable", it's a bug, pure and simple, and frankly it's ridiculous that it took them this long to resolve it.

  13. #33

  14. #34
    When we progressed on this boss we had so many wipes because we only had 1...Super annoying and I am glad they fixed it

  15. #35
    This fight was hotfixed? Honestly I thought it was too easy before hand lol....

  16. #36
    Bout time they fixed it. Did the fight last night and everything was fine besides Derpalopes standing next to the wall making it impossible to melt

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Sorry but what? Fixing an issue where comets not spawning at the correct time is not a "nerf", and is nothing like making Spirit Kings spawn in a set order. The fight is intended to have two comets before the first Nuclear Inferno every time, so when only one spawns it's not a case of blaming "bad rng" or "a bit harder but doable", it's a bug, pure and simple, and frankly it's ridiculous that it took them this long to resolve it.
    If only one comet spawns it's just a case of "harder but doable". There are enough guilds that downed the boss though there was only one comet at the start of P1.

  18. #38
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    6,993
    FYI. If you use the Tiger as you used to or very bit before the phase switches, then you still get 1 comet - even after the hotfix. Ze Tiger must be delayed a bit to get the comet timers running...
    Mari of Punished (EU, social raiding group/guild)
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid | Youtube | My Anime list

  19. #39
    Deleted
    It's almost insulting that they bothered to fix it 1 week before siege =p

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Zabuzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Uldir
    Posts
    486
    We did Twins HC last night with some alts and socials in, takes all of P2 RNG away, melt a comet - save a comet - nuclear inferno - melt the last few % of the 2nd comet - melt the 3rd comet - save the 4th comet - nuclear inferno etc.

    Should have made this change ages ago!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •