Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Twins heroic hotfix

Since the hotfix I think they lowered the amount of comets you get in total. We often had 3 spawn between nuclear inferno, and now its never more than 2. Has anyone tried Twins after the hotfix? I think the healing requirement went up by some, since you cant just get stacks down on comets permanently.

You will basically get 1 comet to lower stacks, and 1 comet to hide behind, and thats it.

Thats how it's always been? 2 comets with sometimes of 1 before the first inferno.

Deleted
    You can get 3 if you xuen at the right time, haven't tested it after hotfix yet though.

Pretty sure its not. We at least often had the nuclear inferno (later on) spawn after 3 comets, and we had no problems with comets, if the first one didn't go weird. Last night we seemed to have very few comets.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We never had more than 2 comets in 25HC before first inferno... often it was just 1, so we had tu survive first inferno without fire reduction from comet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    We never had more than 2 comets in 25HC before first inferno... often it was just 1, so we had tu survive first inferno without fire reduction from comet.
    Thats not what I am saying. You always get 2 now. But the total comets later on in the fight is reduced.

Basically, this hotfix is just like the Spirit Kings fixed order "nerf". The fight itself was doable all the time but being "lucky" with the comets after phase transition could ruin a good try. So this is just a nerf to the fight and nobody should have problems with them if you have downed them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Basically, this hotfix is just like the Spirit Kings fixed order "nerf". The fight itself was doable all the time but being "lucky" with the comets after phase transition could ruin a good try. So this is just a nerf to the fight and nobody should have problems with them if you have downed them before.
    We have done twins hc with less than 70k healing per healer. Yesterday both healers were over 100k. Simply cause we didnt have enough comets to lower stacks. But it certainly is doable. Im just saying some is different. Before this hotfix. We were swimming in comets later on. Yesterday we werent.

This hotfix is long overdue... atleast it happened... wiped us a couple of times on consorts during farm...
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-08-20 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    This hotfix is long overdue... atleast it happened... wiped us a couple of time on consorts during farm...
    well missing a comet during on the first go, can easily be healed (on 10m) with stacking and CD's.
    I felt like, we had problems lowering the stacks on Suen, meaning raid dmg went up quite a bit. Before you are all saying this is the best thing ever. Try the fight.

Are you sure there were less comets later?

We ran into the problem that our dot to dot drawer would have a comet spawn on her a frickin mile away from the raid and we thought there were none. Then when we looked around we noticed them like 50 yards away next to a celestial.

Don't know if there is a difference but in 25h I am pretty sure it's normal to have two comets per inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Are you sure there were less comets later?

We ran into the problem that our dot to dot drawer would have a comet spawn on her a frickin mile away from the raid and we thought there were none. Then when we looked around we noticed them like 50 yards away next to a celestial.
    Yes I am sure. Basically cause we wipe a fair few amount of times. We had roster problems so our healers aren't the best geared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't know if there is a difference but in 25h I am pretty sure it's normal to have two comets per inferno.
    in 10 man we always got 2 or 3. And never had problems lowering stacks.

It's only twins, even if it is harder I don't think it's hard enough to warrant qqing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HatredAsc View Post
    It's only twins, even if it is harder I don't think it's hard enough to warrant qqing about it.
    Doesnt have anything to do with the difficulty of a boss, it just totally sucks if you are unlucky and get single spawn 3-4times in a row, sure you could heal through it. But this completely random effect caused more wipe on that boss during farm than during progress. Sure now its easy going but our early kills we did it with 2 healer cause the boss was a dps check back than.

10+ Year Old Account
    We always had 2. /shrug
    25man here.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    It is not even a nerf. Time xuen properly in p2 and the damage becomes easy to cope with, even with a late/non existing comet. And there's not a lot reason to not use the celestials as raidcds.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

doesn't really make a difference if you have tanks capable of positioning the boss correctly if there is only 1 comet.

Always had 2 in between each inferno here, barring the first one that sometimes never spawned (USE ALLLL THE CDS!).

Deleted
    We usually had 2, but got 1 sometimes. Was never a big issue to only get one, as cds aren't really needed elsewhere.