Thumbs up Been away for 2 years, what is the best way to get caught up on all these changes?

Hello MMO-C,

As the title states, I have been AFK since killing Deathwing and have just come back to the game late last week. I have no desire to create a Panda, so I have been leveling up a few of my toons. I have been using Noxxic for specs, glyphs, & rotations and it has been good enough to get me started. My question to you all is:

"What sites are best for planning your gearing & theory crafting now?"

Is it still eletists jerks & Askmrrobot?

Surely, there are some new contenders in this area.

Thank you in advance for any constructive help you may provide.

Edit: If there are any class-specific sites you wanted to share I will have the following classes and the order in which I plan to level them:
    - Warrior (Arms- 90)
    - Paladin (Holy/ret- 90)
    - Hunter (BM- 86)
    - Rogue (73)
    - Mage- (85)
    - DK (85)
    - Shaman (68)
    - Priest (70)
    Last edited by Vultana; 2013-08-20 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added the classes I have

I think your best bet would be to stick with the class specific forums either here on mmo-c or battle.net. While they can get volatile, they provide the best course due to the many number of discussions over stat distribution some specs have.

Also, roll a monk. You don't have to be a pandaren for it and it is a great class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy Veins has fantastic guides for every class and spec. Do check them out.

http://www.icy-veins.com/classes-wow

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way? roll a monk, get some heirloom gear, do the daily quest to get 100% exp bonus for your monk, and your be 90 in no time, then experience everything.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    Hello MMO-C,

As the title states, I have been AFK since killing Deathwing and have just come back to the game late last week. I have no desire to create a Panda, so I have been leveling up a few of my toons. I have been using Noxxic for specs, glyphs, & rotations and it has been good enough to get me started. My question to you all is:

"What sites are best for planning your gearing & theory crafting now?"

Is it still eletists jerks & Askmrrobot?

Surely, there are some new contenders in this area.

Thank you in advance for any constructive help you may provide.

Edit: If there are any class-specific sites you wanted to share I will have the following classes and the order in which I plan to level them:
    - Warrior (Arms- 90)
    - Paladin (Holy/ret- 90)
    - Hunter (BM- 86)
    - Rogue (73)
    - Mage- (85)
    - DK (85)
    - Shaman (68)
    - Priest (70)
    Sorry for calling this out, but I can't help myself.

You say you were gone for 2 years yet you have 2 lvl 90's? Also MoP was released on 9/25/12 it's now 8/20/13 not even a year into MoP yet.

Try out the Monk, they're a great class, nice and fresh gameplay.

hit the queue button and twiddle your thumbs until you have a 500 ilev

10+ Year Old Account
    on your 90s press "P" to go to the spellbook. there should be a tab on the bottom of it called "What has changed". this will give you a general idea of how the class has changed and what moves you should use. beyond that, go to icy-veins.com for in depth class guides and also "convert to raid too" has some class guides. hope this helps

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Never use Noxxic the information there is pretty sketchy and barely updated.
    - Use Icyveins.
    - At max level, use AskMisterRobot but take it's suggestions with a grain of salt.
    - Have fun!

c:
    Butts.

Thank you all for the responses, I was honestly ust looking for sites that have the best informaiton for gearing & theorycrafting on the classes. I will check out Icy Veins and "convert to raid"

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Sorry for calling this out, but I can't help myself.

You say you were gone for 2 years yet you have 2 lvl 90's? Also MoP was released on 9/25/12 it's now 8/20/13 not even a year into MoP yet.
    I didn't say I quit when MOP came out, I quit as soon as I killed Deathwing on Raidfinder (late 2011- don't remember the exact date) and started the SWTOR Beta. Yes, I have already leveled 2 of them to 90 in the last week and started working on my Hunter last night. Does that seem impossiblly hard or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have already leveled 2 of them to 90 in the last week and started working on my Hunter last night. Does that seem impossiblly hard or something?
    He probably just felt a bit misled from the topic name, "away for 2 years" etc.
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say I quit when MOP came out, I quit as soon as I killed Deathwing on Raidfinder (late 2011- don't remember the exact date) and started the SWTOR Beta. Yes, I have already leveled 2 of them to 90 in the last week and started working on my Hunter last night. Does that seem impossiblly hard or something?
    I wasn't trying to be rude just wondering why you said you were gone for 2 years yet have 2 lvl 90's. If you were gone for 2 years there is no way you could have a lvl 90 as MoP has only been out a year.

Sorry if my title was a misleading Baar, I was just estimating my time away and probably didn't emphasize how much I had played in the last week. Anyway, I am very greatful for the tips on Icy Viens website! I am very impresse with what I have read so far and it is exactly what I was looking for.

One thing I forgot, you may want to go and read the PTR notes for the classes and see what spells you may want to ignore.

Here is a quick link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Askmrrobot and Noxxic are junk, and give false information. Do not use them.

Icyveins has good guides regarding raid boss information and classes talent builds and glyphs and whatnot. However they are sometimes biased, so take the information they provide and make your own educated choices.

Elitist jerks is still great, although not updated for all classes. At least for me (a DK), the threads are amazing.

Vultahna, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We've changed quite a few things in the past 2 years Actually, we just did a pretty huge upgrade last week. Here's a few things worth noting:

• New optimization algorithm - we now tell you when your solution is guaranteed 100% optimal
    • Dual spec - we now let you load your main and off spec into the site, and save settings separately for each one.
    • Stat weights - we have been adding all sorts of fancy widgets to the stat weight editor, including a Haste picker that shows what you get at each breakpoint
    • Here's a quick overview on using the latest version of the site

As for class (and boss guides), I always go to Icy-Veins to get started.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion