Deleted

Thumbs up 5.5 Jewelcrafting Changes - My ideas on it !

Hey Community

I have never done anything like this before and let’s be honest my Photoshop skills are not the greatest but I got to thinking how can we improve the Jewelcrafting profession in a unique way.

Now I know this is just a couple of ideas but I thought I would put it up just so others with ideas will come forward in a proper manner in the hope that with some effort we can help Blizzard to improve the game we all love because from what I see Blizzard do listen to us and always take the time to read these forums and in some cases even reply and honestly Blues/Greens thanks for the job you do in bringing community ideas to the correct Dev Teams.

I am going to post up some ideas with a brief explanation on what and why I feel they would benefit Jewelcrafting (I am aware that Blizzard do try to make professions as equal as possible so others would need to be tweaked to bring them to this level so please don’t post that as a reply its already obvious)

All examples are as “Agility” But can obviously be taken as any “Main Stat” didn’t see the point in redoing all the images just to change the names to “Intellect/Strength etc.”

Now as a Diablo 3 Player also some of the ideas may spring from that game also but I feel it’s a good edition to the game, and I accept that some if not all of these ideas may have already been thrown out there but I have never looked at the forums that closely so I wouldn’t have a clue if they have.

Initially I feel the “double stat” “only 2 allowed” gem is a little lame for spending thousands of hard earned gold on levelling the profession (With the idea that a lot of players out there like me level a profession with the benefit of what it can offer and very rarely use it to make the gold back) so I thought to myself a bit more “bang for your buck” would be nice for jewelcrafters.

Now how all these plans would be obtained would be completely in your court use your imagination it could be:
    Quest lines / Boss Drops / Rare Drops / A mixture of all
    My idea:
    Loot a torn plan from a Rare/Mob and find a name of a raid boss written faintly in the corner of said plan and you have to kill said boss (LFR/Flex/Normal/HC) and find the other half of the plan then return to your JC Trainer who passes you to “lorewalker cho” who can read this ancient text to forward you to a random NPC in Pandaria who can tell you the location of your design which you would need 600 Archaeology to go and get it from (This part would be an account wide quest like the pet battle ones as I understand levelling Archaeology on a JC Alt just for a plan is not something I would do again lol) Then you would loot a BoA Design to send to your JC

A more powerful “main stat” gem example

I went with +580 Agility because it’s not “unrealistic” and it’s not in a way something that the stats are not going towards anyway - obviously it’s a made up number…..
    I feel that we need to bring back the “grind” of Wotlk and Cata JC Dailies at the time I hated them but now I do honestly miss them, it made me want to get the next gem and spend time on the alt I rarely played just to see if I could get an awesome gem plan to hit that AH with or even for players without the luxury of having a lot of gold it gives them a chance to cut their own gems.

Also I thought that we need “Randomised Stats” on the mixed gems – this would be awesome for PvE and PvP and would make EVERY Jewelcrafter hunt those godlike gem plans and not to mention the gold you can earn from people buying better gems. The idea behind it was to have a base roll of 300 overall stats and that you could have random results on your cuts (You would never be able to tell what the cut will be before you cut it) This would have a 24hr cooldown like Facets of Research and make it only possible to bypass the daily cooldown with something insane but not unobtainable with some work like 20 Spirit of Harmony’s (or something else if they make these account bound) Basically something that will make you play your Jewelcrafter)

Ideas on Stat Rolls as I said can be random you can have them rounded to the closest 0 or completely Random but always sticking to the base 300 stats

This would open up a massive Market for gems on the Auction House as every gem would have a Random property which is what I love about D3 gear – Yes in WoW you will see a LOT more gems of the same number eventually as the rolls start banging out but remember when you replace that item your gem goes with it, and again to stop the “flood” of gems you can stick a 24hr non by-passable CD on the cut.

I also honestly feel that having something more special for JC’s would be awesome like the ability to “Remove your gems” but then I thought everyone would re-roll JC and save a ton of gold in the long run but then I thought it can be done but with only a slightly more powerful meta gem and make all “JC Meta” Gems have a Min & Max ilvl for placement in gear so you can carry over to lower / higher end gear it basically means based on current PvE levels your gem can be used from ilvl 502 to 541 again this would be a 24hr CD on the cut and the gem can be completely random from all the gems available so it could be the 1st cut you get your gem or your 100th cut.

Lastly I would say scalable 1-85 BoA Gems would be a nice addition to the game for the players out there who like to level alts (Yes you can get to 85 in like 2days played time now but hey its something) – the way to get the plans would be like a 0.01% drop chance from killing anything in pandaria this would bring people out of the main cities AFK and get them in to the world playing. This is a lvl 85 example I didn’t see the point in making a new image from 1 all the way to 85 but you get the idea.

This kinda wraps me up now there was more but some of it was unrealistic and some was just plain stupid but thank you if you have read down to this part or even if you browsed over the images and thought meh pointless move on – at least you took the time to read something.

Mike

Also Posted on eu.battle.net forums here

Im for it. Anything to get away from cookie cutter characters. Having random numbers on gems would be a fresh idea that JC has long been needing.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I especially like the bit about Jewelcrafters being able to remove their own gems and re-use. Amazing. Implement. Now.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Nice for you to put the effiort in but I dont think Blizzard are too bothered about improving the game.

As far as professions go then any meddiling with bonuses for one profession will have to be matched with all the others.
    JC is already powerful by being the #1 goldmaker.

I preferred it when you had to farm patterns and some of them were bop but others boe which could be sold. Getting them all from the trainer is dull.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Nice for you to put the effiort in but I dont think Blizzard are too bothered about improving the game.

As far as professions go then any meddiling with bonuses for one profession will have to be matched with all the others.
    JC is already powerful by being the #1 goldmaker.

I preferred it when you had to farm patterns and some of them were bop but others boe which could be sold. Getting them all from the trainer is dull.
    If JC is the #1 goldmaker, I'm doing something really, really wrong.

'Cause I make jack from gems.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    If JC is the #1 goldmaker, I'm doing something really, really wrong.

'Cause I make jack from gems.
    Very likely you are doing it wrong. It is at its weakest at the moment but come 5.4 they will be making decent money again.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW

A lot of nice idea here and good effort to keep it clean.

Like the BOA idea.

I especially like the bit about Jewelcrafters being able to remove their own gems and re-use. Amazing. Implement. Now.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Deleted
    Nice to see some positive feedback to some weird/wonderful ideas Perhaps i will post up the rest of the ones i have see what people think

By looking at the enchant changes where enchants scale as you level up. I doubt they will make a new gem that scales. If there is going to be any scaling gems they will most likely do the same thing as they did with the enchants.
    Say for example you are level 80, the level 80 gems will be better than a scaled mop gem. But the level 80 gem stops scaling up at level 80. That's at least how they did it with enchanting.

The ideas you have on random stats on the enchant's are interesting and would be something new and fresh for JC'ers, but there is some complications with that. For example a fire mage would always try to get the gem with the most crit on, making the 2nd stat useless which makes a "Improved Sun's Radiance" gem the better choice.

What do you think about this?
    Last edited by vvaniish; 2013-08-30 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Im liking the idea of BoA gems but for blizzard to implement that i think they would need to add something for other professions aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the ideas as well, except for the Improved Base Stat Serpent Eye gem. Giving that many extra stats to JC would make every serious raider reroll to JC. Otherwise the ideas sound good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    The ideas you have on random stats on the enchant's are interesting and would be something new and fresh for JC'ers, but there is some complications with that. For example a fire mage would always try to get the gem with the most crit on, making the 2nd stat useless which makes a "Improved Sun's Radiance" gem the better choice.
    I think in fairness it is something that people would want/at least try as you said fire mages need a high amount of crit so would always go for a high crit gem - the idea on the random roll gems doesnt just stop with mine - the 2nd stat would always be able to roll higher than the main stat so it would be a viable choice for all players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Im liking the idea of BoA gems but for blizzard to implement that i think they would need to add something for other professions aswell.
    Yes which is why i wrote this in my opening
    I am going to post up some ideas with a brief explanation on what and why I feel they would benefit Jewelcrafting (I am aware that Blizzard do try to make professions as equal as possible so others would need to be tweaked to bring them to this level so please don’t post that as a reply its already obvious)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I like the ideas as well, except for the Improved Base Stat Serpent Eye gem. Giving that many extra stats to JC would make every serious raider reroll to JC. Otherwise the ideas sound good.
    As per the above comment i did add that Blizzard would need to tweak the other professions also

Deleted
    I would love to see this implemented too! Would be a pretty great perk for JC all round!

OP: I really like your ideas!

Deleted
    What's the best way to make gold in 5.4 with JC?

Hmm thats a cool idea, whether the games become boa or jc's gain the ability to remove gems. Just as enchanters can make use of old gear, so can JCs. However, making gems reusable will make the value of the gems a lot less valuable since you will only need a set of the gems and never need new ones. If you take the 2nd idea of allowing jc's the ability to remove gems, you will make the already great combo, enchanters + jc even more valuable since they can reuse and make old gear/gems valuable.

I honestly dislike the idea of randomized gems, from a lore perspective. A master jewelcrafter IRL knows if he's making a princess cut or a pear cut, shouldn't a WoW JC know if he's making Improved Assassins or Improved Glinting?

However, I like the idea of JCs removing their gems, and I think that a subtle improvement of the profession is great, and that this implementation is a good way to do it without any problems. Good job putting all this together OP, I like all the thought you've put into it. Hope Blizz at least reads and takes it into account, even if it doesn't fit into their plans.

Jewelcrafting is highly dependant on people who want it. for example if server is CROWDED with melees you can try selling Strenght/AP gems mostly (but even ap is for ranged so i guess AP is cool)

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback guys - i have added my Enchanting ideas up now
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-ideas-on-it-!