Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    I didn't try to do anything, you do it all by yourself from which you proceed to project your guilt of fallacing on me. Also, look deeply into the definition of 'biased' before you even think about using the word again.
    Wow, you're really trying super-super-hard to be a smartass. Why don't you relax a little bit, enjoy life and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrics View Post
    Whoever said Bc u must of been stuck in Kara
    Funny that since Kara was probably the best raid in TBC, with the exception only of the Illidan fight.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Cataclysm was excellent with the Azeroth revamp but then you got to the actual 80-85 zones and it just fell apart. The dungeons sucked and the raids sucked. The only things i really enjoyed were the Twilight Highlands story and Uldum just being Uldum. Still, that doesn't cut the cake so Cata was the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    Not really. The "popular" thing has always been to say "current expansion is crap, the one before it was the greatest". Mists is the first to break this, as far as I can tell.
    Cata was the first time this started to break, this is because the game seemed more like it was 'dying' to some people, those people hear negative comments and positive comments about potential competitor games and get really defensive about WoW and it's current expansion all of a sudden because they don't want this game to die (which is fair enough I suppose)

People start telling me that MoP is 'dark' and that the pandas are nothing like Kung Fu Panda and I can see that this isn't objective anymore. Sure Blizzard introduced the pandas in Warcraft 3 (as a joke as far as I could tell) but the actual realisation of them in WoW, animations, areas, even enemies to an extent was pure Dreamworks. Even the way male pandas sleep is lifted directly from Kung Fu panda....jiggly, bouncy, comedy panda's ruin my immersion, I just can't help that and I am sure I can't be alone in that regard.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Funny that since Kara was probably the best raid in TBC, with the exception only of the Illidan fight.
    Indeed karazhan and bt were the best tbc raids imo.
    The music and the atmosphere were epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Kara was such an awesome raid but I can understand people being sick of being stuck in that raid for a long time. Like anything it gets boring after a while if you can't get further ahead.

I'm so glad people arn't saying MoP like they did cata, despite the highest sub losses. MoP is great imo. But then again the cata ranting was funny! xD

WoTLK
    Pandaria
    Cataclism

TBC <--- never played

What good about MoP:
    -Raids
    -Pandaria Zones
    -Monk class
    -world bosses <---they are bit easy but nice we have them.

What bad about pandas:
    -300k mana... super retarded idea
    -MoP carry mistakes blizz introduced in cataclism(eg:. remove of MP5, armor pen., defence etc., 10&25man lokout that destroyed wow pug comunity(flex MAY fix it), lack of balance)

That what i feel

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I'm so glad people arn't saying MoP like they did cata, despite the highest sub losses. MoP is great imo. But then again the cata ranting was funny! xD
    Ye I agree. If in scale 1-100 wotlk is 100, mop is ~87 and cata 41
    Last edited by Leouch; 2013-08-21 at 01:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Cataclysm. Though it did give us Worgen (my favorite race!), so I can't complain too much.
    They gave it with one hand, and took it back with the other.
    Hey, you finished the starting quests, welcome to the alliance! Now be a Night Elf!

Deleted
    It might sound weird but i do have a big bias when it comes to cataclysm maybe because that's where things got well for me (a good raiding team....) and i do have a strong bias for all that has to do with the Twilight's Hammer and the Old gods. This being said, i shall say i started at Wotlk.

I understand why so many people hated Cataclysm (though one raid doesn't really justify such hate imo) : because of DS that felt a bit rushed as previously stated.

Why, in my opinion, was Cataclysm a good expansion ? and why i think MOP isn't much better than Cata (though still very good)

1) Loved Cataclysm zones such as Vash'jir, Twilight's Highlands and Uldum.
    I really enjoyed leveling through these zones. Mobs are not weak in Twilight's Highlands for example, like the dark shamans and the elementals wandering through the zone that at that time used to punch real hard, even more so than some mobs in the Dreadlands for instance. Was great leveling, i felt, after that, that MOp leveling was boring and didnt feel in danger for most of it (and WTH with all these "bring me some food" quests ????). At least i had the feeling of a good storyline in Hyjal for example when i completed all the quests, seen some Ancients, heard about what they did in the past (like the big Tortolla), then discovering the big plans of the Twilight's Hammer, or discovering the plans of the nagas / Old Gods in Vash'jir.
    I won't say MOP quests don't have a good storyline because they do but i just don't really care about this storyline, i'm not interested in those pandarens.

2) Loved the Twilight's hammer clans. The atmosphere around them.
    3) Raids were overall pretty good in Cata :

- really loved Tier 11 : you could feel a terrible atmosphere, those dragons hanging from the ceiling in Blackwing descent ..... the structure and architecture of the bastion of Twilight, the original way of fighting in Throne of the Four Winds. Some pretty hard fights like Sinestra, Nefarian HM, even (and maybe the hardest at least for my guild and myself) Al'Akir.
    -T 12 was really coold though i'll have to admit it felt a bit short but even then, we spent so much time on Ragnaros HM fight that it finally didnt feel so short ^^
    - T 13 felt a bit rushed, ok... i did feel that. But some fights were really interesting or immersive, loved Zon'Ozz, Yohr'saj (Old gods bias once more ), we spent a lot of time on Hagara HM because of problems with dispelling lol, i really enjoyed Blackhorn and the gunship fight as a shadowpriest ^^, we had once more a hard time on spine HM but i was really disappointed in the last fight, should have been the hardest but def wasnt. Way easier than spine for example. Overall i still enjoyed DS, we had issues with recruitment at that time so we took much time to clear all of DS so i really understand why really good guilds might have disliked this tier since most of those guilds were through with DS just a little time after it came out.

As for MOP, i enjoyed Mogu'shan vaults, Heart of Fear as well (as someone stated in a previous post, i regretted that Klaxxi's we had helped so much and given so much of our time to, didnt make an appearance in HoF to defeat the Empress.) The atmosphere of Heart of Fear was as tense as i wanted it to be (i love those dark atmospheres in games) and really immersive. I hated Terrace. Didnt see the purpose of it. Weird place, weird setting, bosses i didnt care at all to defeat. Useless raid in my opinion.

Throne of thunder, that is where things went wrong for our guild, ppl leaving for good so i just cleared normal mode. But i wasnt really interested in the raid overall. Some fight were good for me : i really enjoyed Horridon or the Council, even Tortos, but some fights were so useless such as Primordius, Dark animus (in normal mode again, i heard it was more interesting in HM) , Durumu (don't like this room nor the boss that is in it) Consorts, Megaera not really enjoyable as a dps but interesting as a healer so overall satisfying boss for me. Lei-shen was interesting but way too flashy. My computer didnt really like this experience, even worse in 25-men. Horrible boss for some computers ^^
    Overall it was an -OK raid tier with some bosses i really enjoyed and some i didnt like at all.
    I forgot to say i hated all these trash mobs all around. Way too many of them (and these bridges between Jin'rokh and Horridon....... AWFUL) like before Megaera you can't put a foot somewhere without a thousand mobs coming.

There remains the last tier, the cinematic made it more appealing for a lot of people i guess (where 4.3 cinematic was utterly BS). I'm really looking forward to SoO.

As for raiding then, i'd say i prefer Cata for now (still have to see what SoO has to offer so i might change my mind ^^)

4) Dungeons : that is, to me, and for a lot of casual players who enjoy dungeons, where MOP really sucks. Poor instances, very few in numbers, easy as fuck : at least Cata brought a good number of dungeons, hard ones (at least in the beginning with blue stuff / before nerfs came, and even with the nerfs, some PUGS could dismantle just by setting foot in Stonecore or even worse maybe Halls of Origination.
    I really loved HM dungeons in Cataclysm, you had to do them to first raid in T11. Some were exotic like Halls of Origination bringing you back to Ancient Egypt, others were originally revamped like Deadmines or Shadowfang keep, some were just original like City of the Tol'virs. Really good overall.

Even 4.1 dungeons were great. I didnt play in TBC so i wish i had raided in ZG or ZA. Those dungeons though highly different from the old raids were good for those who didnt use to play at that time. I was happy to discover ZA and ZG. And they were pretty hard when i come to think of it, especially for PUGS. Of course, for goods groups they were nothing but a formality but sometimes it was one of a challenge for PUGS.
    One thing i don't like about ToT in MOP is that they reused the old Zandalari theme again (one threat we're used to) with the Thunder king storyline. I love trolls but if they use them once more, i'm gonna be sick of them.

5) One thing i don't like about cataclysm is the way some really challenging quests (when you were alone trying to 1-man an elite mob which was meant to be defeated by a group of people) disappeared to give birth to useless mobs you can now 2-shot. Leveling seems a bit fast as well though it is not always a bad thing : i like it when it is fast when i play a spec i don't like just because i could not level up as a holy paladin (even though they do some good damage now) and i have to play the horrible ret spec.
    I don't like most of the quests in MOP because i don't feel connected to this place. I don't want to help pandarens (though they are friendly... but in the end they are way too 'friendly and peaceful people) : I mean it's World Of Warcraft not World of Agriculture and Peacecraft. I hate the grinding feeling as well. (One special mention for the Klaxxi quests : i've enjoyed doing some of them really much like the one when the Empress appears in the city of the Klaxxi's and that she kills a lot of them and the one when we're driven to the underground to speak about the help we've provided and about how Klaxxi's would turn against us if the Old Gods were to be involved : adored this quest so much i did with three characters just to hear about their story and allegeance.)

6) The race / races brought by each expansion : Worgen / Gob vs Pandarens. I couldn't care less about these pandas. I enjoyed the pre-Cata cinematic where they told a bit of the history of Gobs and Worgens. Gilneas is a great starting area and i enjoyed doing the gobs quests as well. I think these races really fit into the World of Warcraft theme, and i mean gobs were bound to appear someday anyway. They do have this tainted personnality. Worgens are close to nature but they are also dark in some ways, wild because of their wolf's nature. Gobs are just amazing : greedy, selfish, they'd do anything to get money just like we can see in the little cinematic following the eruption of the volcano on their island.

Overall i liked cata more than MOP (though i won't deny MOP brought a lot of goods changes) and that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Indeed karazhan and bt were the best tbc raids imo.
    The music and the atmosphere were epic.
    I hated BT with a passion only Sillydan was any good. SWP smashed it hands down imo. Kara was just pure brilliance.

Voted for MoP, because of weak and heavy faction favourited story, dull based on FOTM pvp and stupidness of four copies of one raid in pve plus heavy RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG design prevalation in every aspect of the game. Pet battles are nice though.
    Cata was also bad, but it had less flawes, and I totally loved Cata heroics and raids up to the DS shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Cata. So much of it felt rushed. The reusing of old content instead of making new content. The lack of anything to do at max level. The whole 'hopping though portals into different zones' aspect, and the overall story and character development for several lore characters was off.
    This. I will also add the long stretch between Dragon Soul and MoP's release. That (and the fact that we were on a fairly dead server) contributed a lot to my guild's demise, because we had a lot of players (myself included) who got burned out on Dragon Soul and ended up taking long breaks from the game. I was also not a fan of Vash'jir or the Indiana Jones stuff in Uldum. And, Cairne's death happened in Cataclysm, so there's that. As an alliance player, I respected Cairne more than any of the other horde leaders. I'm fine with killing characters off, but I hate the way it happened to him.

I didn't hate Cataclysm, but it was my least favorite expansion by far. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did any of the other expansions.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-08-21 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    cata was the first time i kept on wanting to sit out on raids, and felt like quiting during the whole expansion. mop made me actually quit. hard to decide on which i dislike the most.

I voted MoP. Based purely on end game I would've maybe said Cata, but I think the low level zone remake, along with Gilneas, was better than anything in MoP. I've waited forever for the story to focus on the Horde vs Alliance, and when it finally does, I'm forced to betray my leader that I like and work with my enemy. Plus, the Pandaren culture doesn't interest me in the slightest. Also, the PvP balance is the worst it's ever been, since it gets worse every expansion. And since PvP is more important to me than the expansion's new high level zones and PvE, I'd probably still say Cata was better than MoP even at end game. So yeah, MoP is my worst, followed closely by Cata. I don't know if I'd put BC or WotLK as best, since BC had the best PvP and WotLK had the best story and added DK's, but they're both light years ahead of MoP.

mop. cata was terrible, but mop is the only expansion i had to take a break from wow.

Cata.

My overall level of enjoyment with the expansions goes like this (didn't play in Vanilla):

Wrath > MoP > BC > Cata
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Looking back as objectively as I can and taking everything at 100% context?

BC.

Cataclysm a close 2nd.

Although I'm sure somebody has already pointed out that the last expansion is always the previous one to a large section of people. In the Dark Below, it'll be MoP. After that, it'll be the Dark Below.

Deleted
    While I loved getting Worgen and fun new quests to level from 1-60 with, Cataclysm. The zones felt very... disconnected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Looking back as objectively as I can and taking everything at 100% context?

BC.

Cataclysm a close 2nd.
    prepare to get flamed!
    dragonmaw - EU