Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm gonna go off-poll and say Vanilla. Yep, that's right, the original game content was SHIT.
    let me guess, you start post vanilla and rush to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    let me guess, you start post vanilla and rush to max level.
    Or you can take that persons opinion at face value and believe them rather than try to belittle it?

Vanilla had some huge downpoints but I still enjoyed it as it was new to me and I had a great guild and group of friends. I could not go back to that playstyle or state of the game though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Well nobody would agree with you here.....
    I agree with him here.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Why is it everyone assumes people who didn't like tbc never played it?

Mmo-cs hardon for tbc is getting really tiring.
    Agreed. And the hardon for Wrath is getting stronger, despite the huge amounts of QQ going on while it was current content. People even QQ'ed about Ulduar!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Or you can take that persons opinion at face value and believe them rather than try to belittle it?

Vanilla had some huge downpoints but I still enjoyed it as it was new to me and I had a great guild and group of friends. I could not go back to that playstyle or state of the game though.
    you misunderstood the topic of the thread.
    What is the weakest expansion? not which you enjoy the least, but what is the weakest, or another word the least value expansion.
    ragardless the fact that vanilla is not an expansion, it can NEVER qualified as the weakest. Vanilla had

- 9 new classes - (duh, there was nothing before) no other expansion ever add 9 classes at once
    - 60 levels
    - 8 races - no other expansion ever add 8 races at once
    - 20 new zones
    - 30 new dungeons
    - 4 new tier of raid
    - 9 new professions
    Well you get the point, a complete whole new world.

No expansion can compare in term of content. how can that be the weakest? the only way you would consider vanilla having the lest amount of new content is that you rush through it.

Again, i think you misunderstood the topic.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-08-22 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you misunderstood the topic of the thread.
    What is the weakest expansion? not which you enjoy the least, but what is the weakest, or another word the least value expansion.
    ragardless the fact that vanilla is not an expansion, it can NEVER qualified as the weakest. Vanilla had

- 9 new classes - (duh, there was nothing before) no other expansion ever add 9 classes at once
    - 60 levels
    - 8 races - no other expansion ever add 8 races at once
    - 20 new zones
    - 30 new dungeons
    - 4 new tier of raid
    - 9 new professions
    Well you get the point, a complete whole new world.

No expansion can compare in term of content. how can that be the weakest? the only way you would consider vanilla having the lest amount of new content is that you rush through it.

Again, i think you misunderstood the topic.
    actually that's completely wrong. most of the content from WoW is a complete cut and dry paste from WC3. hell we STILL use images from wc3 in MoP. and stormwind guards? lol.

saying that vanilla on it's own was this spanking new game is completely wrong as a lot of the content wasn't even made at the time. that being said content != fun. vanilla had some really broken as fuck mechanics that nobody wanted. i think if Blizzard reverted MoP back to vanilla standards (lol pally buffs) the majority of the playerbase would unsub because of how fucking awful it was

op simply asked in your opinion what was the weakest overall expansion, if you count vanilla as some sort of expansion of wc3 roc/tft then i'm in agreement. vanilla had the worst balance, the worst gameplay, and some awful design philosophies that i'm glad we got rid of (the 3 hour BRD trips were sooooo fun)

Id say the worst xpacs would be Vanilla& Burning Crusade...why? Because they didn't get lucky with their release dates. Anyone remember what happened in Nov of 05? Well, Xbox 360 came out. You had cool things like Gamerscore achievements, Xbox live, and a myriad of games where promised to be released in next few months.
    Same thing with TBC, games like Gears of War/Halo3/ Cod4/bioshock simply overshadowed them...2006-2008 was pretty much THE year of consoles. And I am glad they did, does anyone remember what a pathetic excuse for pvp was burning crusade?

Plus playing WoW was frowned upon at that time...when I told a few of my close apprentices....dude, do you play WoW? He said...bro you are a f@ggot. Go back to playing Diablo 2 but I am not touching that game and especially if its sub based. When I told him I preordered an Xbox 360 he complimented me and said he'd come over more often...maybe because he just wanted to use me since he wanted to play on the console. Now this isn't a Xbox360 praise site , but well, WoW was out for a year, it was old and it was getting repetitive. Plus, what do you think more fun is for a 13 year old kid. Slaying dragons or screaming though a mic how bad does his team suck and what they are a bunch of no good bundle of firesticks. And you had Gamerscore..something WoW didn't implement until 3 1/2 years later
    . To top all that off I wasn't allowed to raid because I was too young, no one wanted to pvp with me since I was too young (notice the general stereotype) and I was also playing alliance....sorry to break anyone's nostaligia, but this is what it was.If you were still TBCing around, you missed some of the best years of console gaming.Can't space because my phone at work sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think blizzard could make a bad expansion. Then mop came out. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The thing that surprises me is that WotLK gets the least votes for worst expansion. Not because I dislike WotLK - rather because it got so much hate on this forum. But ofc the "poster base" changes as everything else does.
    I personally would vote Wrath the worst but Cata was so bad at endgame, I couldn't ignore it. Since over 70% have voted Cata, which wasn't a big surprise, I'm more curious what the vote would be without Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Comeon guys, we almost got Cata at exact 1.000 votes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm by far, but I still wouldn't call it a bad game. Bad relative to the other wow expansions but not bad in comparison to other games.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

And Cataclysm breaks 1000 /cheer

Getting everything it deserves

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The funniest part about this whole thing is, during these expansions:

TBC - nostalgia started to kick in and everyone said how much better vanilla was

WOTLK - nostalgia kicked in and people said how they missed TBC

Cata - "nostalgia" kicked in and people started saying how good WOTLK was

MoP - The vast majority still dislike Cata

I think it really does speak volumes
    Yeah, Cataclysm sucked and WOTLK was Awesome!!

The worst game(not sure you can call it expansion) was by far Vanilla. Then Cata. Then TBC, Then MoP, Then Wrath

Keep in mind I have probably been playing as long as anybody, started when game came out, sure I have taken some breaks here and there.

For the most part I am guessing the people that like Vanilla either
    -Never played Vanilla just heard how great it was
    -Didn't have a life, and only played WoW, because truthfully, you could only play WoW if you played Vanilla, considering it took 1 year to go from level 53-54.(Kidding)
    -Forgot what the game play was actually like and how broke it was
    -Forgot what a time sink the game was, rewarded no skill, the philosophy back then was, play a lot and get rewarded. That's it.

Mostly the game has improved each expansion some cool thinks they have added.

Don't say MoP because the raids had no story behind them, Mogu'shan vaults was the result of the mogu attacking The Vale so you venture to the vaults to find their motive , and The heart of fear mainly because of the corrupt empress and the invading of the mantid , the klaxxi simply didn't help because they were attacked and were weak at the time

Honestly, the weakest expansion was either Cataclysm or Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Traynham19 View Post
    Don't say MoP because the raids had no story behind them, Mogu'shan vaults was the result of the mogu attacking The Vale so you venture to the vaults to find their motive , and The heart of fear mainly because of the corrupt empress and the invading of the mantid , the klaxxi simply didn't help because they were attacked and were weak at the time

No, MoP is worse than WotLK for me... And for most people on this forum.

MOP for me, is the only exspansion I haven't cared for much. Made me somewhat quit wow.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Traynham19 View Post

MoP because the raids had no story WORTH TELLING behind them. j/k but not really.

I have to hop on the Cata bandwagon here. Between shared lockouts, LFR, bastardized talent trees, no holy priest loot table for all of Firelands, terrible terrible final raid, old world flying, and godmode Rogues, it was just not fun to play. Tier 11 was a bright spot in the history of the entire game, but after that the expansion just sort of bottomed out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    The worst game(not sure you can call it expansion) was by far Vanilla. Then Cata. Then TBC, Then MoP, Then Wrath

Keep in mind I have probably been playing as long as anybody, started when game came out, sure I have taken some breaks here and there.

For the most part I am guessing the people that like Vanilla either
    -Never played Vanilla just heard how great it was
    -Didn't have a life, and only played WoW, because truthfully, you could only play WoW if you played Vanilla, considering it took 1 year to go from level 53-54.(Kidding)
    -Forgot what the game play was actually like and how broke it was
    -Forgot what a time sink the game was, rewarded no skill, the philosophy back then was, play a lot and get rewarded. That's it.

Mostly the game has improved each expansion some cool thinks they have added.
    or maybe like someone told me on the previous page

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

so i guess different people like different things. I know, shocking
    for me, TBC was and will always be the pinnacle of wow.

and yes i play wow since beta, bought a vanilla collector edition, even made a line at fry's electronics in los angeles for the release

Cataclysm. From a subjective point of view, at least, as it was the expansion I least enjoyed it. It could have been the best expansion ever, but it didnt feel like Blizzard achieved that goal. I can't explain exactly why is that, but truth is, more often than not, I spent all my time around SW, queuing for BGs / arenas / instances, or leveling alts. It could have been better for me if I was in a raiding guild, but the problem is, the world didn't feel as alive as it could. Why only make portals in SW and orgrimmar? There was no reason to be in any other place, then.

Objectively, though, it was a much more balanced and complete game than TBC, which had a pretty broken gameplay, especially class-wise.