Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm under the impression that if you have an encounter that has even a little bit of cleave, then Mastery will pull ahead of Haste by a lot. Otherwise, Mastery is very close to Haste in single target as well. There are quite a few cleave fights, so maybe it's smartest to stay in full mastery regardless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    I'm under the impression that if you have an encounter that has even a little bit of cleave, then Mastery will pull ahead of Haste by a lot. Otherwise, Mastery is very close to Haste in single target as well. There are quite a few cleave fights, so maybe it's smartest to stay in full mastery regardless?
    This is basically my mindset, the two are so close (sub 5k I believe) for single target DPS that it just seems smarter to move to pure Mastery. Certain top shamans have already been swapping over to the "Leeds Style", such as Brightleaf from Blood Legion for example. I just personally don't see the benefit to sticking with Haste when any form of cleave will pull mastery ahead. We'll see how actual parses come out in the coming weeks though since it seems Ele Shamans are split on what they want to do.

Deleted
    Platex, how come you choose Laser-Slice Signet vs Seal of Eternal Sorrow? And the same goes for the neck - Necklace of Fading Light vs. Untainted Guardian's Chain ?

Mastery > haste.

My gearing philosophy as of late has been to do whatever I can to keep the stat weights of intel, 2Xhaste, and 2XMastery approximately equal. As a result, I've found a nice happy spot at about 35% haste where I can stack Mastery effectively as long as I keep that value (bear in mind 35% is an extra FS tick as well). As I gear up this tier though, I might make the push for the 19771 Haste rating point if it's at all feasible.

Surprisingly, even on Hectic Add Cleave, Tickle's sims show Haste > Mastery. I think if you can hit 19771 (or even 20238 which gives one extra flame shock tick above the 19771 point), then it's likely worth hitting it. I just don't know how feasible that's going to be early on.

Quote Originally Posted by funanyo View Post
    Platex, how come you choose Laser-Slice Signet vs Seal of Eternal Sorrow? And the same goes for the neck - Necklace of Fading Light vs. Untainted Guardian's Chain ?

Mastery > haste.
    Not in full BiS. Haste will pull ahead with more T16 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    Surprisingly, even on Hectic Add Cleave, Tickle's sims show Haste > Mastery. I think if you can hit 19771 (or even 20238 which gives one extra flame shock tick above the 19771 point), then it's likely worth hitting it. I just don't know how feasible that's going to be early on.
    Keep in mind that my sims are in full BiS. Until you've picked up more T16 gear/trinkets, mastery still wins on aoe for a while.

Is there an updated list?

Deleted
    Check out Leeds BiS list on totemspot, its favouring mastery and I like more than haste, tbh.

Deleted
    Did anyonee actually sim both amps equiped?

Quote Originally Posted by stryher107 View Post
    Did anyonee actually sim both amps equiped?
    It's not worth the lost trinket proc

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Note I'm in a 10 man guild so none of this gear is warforged.
    Haha, legend.