Poll: Top DPS of your guild in 5.4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mages / Death Knights / Rogues / Warlocks - safe bets

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks, Mages (if Combustion nerf is a joke) and Rogues. As usual. They scale very well with gear, especially Rogues.

Deleted
    I personally love to see some unexpected answers, because there are some savants that can pull more dps than the expected classes, because they are just so good. I must remind that it's a matter of skill when it comes to intermediate guilds - really good players can outshine the FotM classes, thus rallying FotMs to perform better to maintain their ground.

Demo locks are gunna be OP

Deleted
    as we can see from various answers, it depends on the players. every class is the best if the person knows how to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    as we can see from various answers, it depends on the players. every class is the best if the person knows how to play it
    That's simply not true. Maybe for medium level players who are making many mistakes skill will matter. Once you get into the upper tiers of raiders some classes are just simply better. The poll doesn't really mean much since there's no way to know if those people even have any idea what they're talking about. For example, the person who somehow thinks hunters will be top very clearly does not know what they are talking about and has not been paying attention to the current patch and the PTR.

Hmm...
    Hunter
    2 1.68%
    I see that someone has a similar sense of humor to me

Deleted
    If 5.4 go live as it currently is on PTR, frost dk.

Shaman.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, nvm. Both specs were obviously too strong so they had to be nerfed for 5.4.
    I'd say rogue or DK, but we don't have either of those, so, mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Who voted for hunter? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages and Warlocks dominating? WHO"d have thunk it?!??!!

Don't rule out the boomkins.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    Most likely those who have seen streams of raids with 530 normalized itemlevel gear.

OT: Some possibilities, and it will depend on the fight. At the end of the content, after progression, almost certainly mages due to the (still) out of hand scaling. It's mostly only a question at which point in the content they will out-dps everything else. And if they're bringing frost up on par, they also got a good spec before. Else... Assrogues (I like that term) and WLs, obviously, Blizz won't nerf very good classes / specs too much because that would drive away players. DKs and Owls look strong too.

But as always: Remains to be seen.

Given the amount of AoE that will be needed I'm gonna say either locks or elemental shamans.

Our DPS charts thus far normally go: Frost Mage, Bear Druid (!), Destro Lock as the top 3, with BM hunter trailing a bit behind. Since we aren't shaking those people up in 5.4 I think they'll continue.

Deleted
    Whoever voted something else than lock or mage is completely clueless.

Anywho, I think locks will still dominate in multi target situations, especially with the boomkin nerfs and I think arcane mages will be top in single target damage since fire got nerfed way too hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    If 5.4 go live as it currently is on PTR, frost dk.
    You do know that they still scale very badly even with the very good buffs? More haste devalues crit, and mastery is already bad enough. DKs would need a 30-40% buff to be top with ilvl 570+, not a 12-13% buff.

Sure, dw would probably be very decent on many of the SoO fights, but I still think that other classes have better cleave/AoE than them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Whoever voted something else than lock or mage is completely clueless.
    Ans people like you who can't ever read before they answer are completely braindead.
    Topic title is
    Top DPS of your guild in 5.4
    not
    Top DPS in 5.4

Guys, poll question is: Top DPS of your guild in 5.4? Not: who will be top dps in 5.4. Or who will be top dps in hardcore guilds. He asked just for fun, out of curiosity. In various guilds play different people. Imagine that some play to play with friends and not for progress. And their mage or lock sucks. But he/her is their friend. And in that X guild hunter might be top dps, because he is decent player.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    I was one of them.

It's because the question was who in my guild will be topping the meters. And the answer to that would be me. Not because I have the best class, but because I am the most committed person in my guild. Which is fine since we are actually a casual guild of friends

It depends. Council type fight a la Council of Elders or Paragons of the Klaxxi? Our demo lock or our shadowpriest. Single target bumrush boss our firemage or our demolock, but at the moment I am top dps on my blood dk or second on my prot pala, and if the changes to vengeance stay as they are, I'll be topping meters on my prot pala except for council/add fights (vengeance gain from more than 1 target is severely nerfed, goodbye 1M dps on trash before Qon, it was fun to know you, but seeing all these adds fights in SoO, it was needed to bring you to the ground.)

fire mages will top. we got nerfed, we dont care

Also, demo locks right in our tail
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213