Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    would you guys rather play a buggy game?

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Yeah, 5.1 and 5.3 were the best patches ever, so much content. Did you see the raids and the BGs that got released? Dude, they were insane!
    Yeah we'd really get quality raids and bgs if they released those every three months. Every raid would have 5 bosses (argent tourney anyone?) and every bg would just be capture the flag on a new map.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops....
    Why don't you go ahead and link your heroic Lei Shen kill date then? Because otherwise, I'd bet you have barely cleared the raid on normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Omfg, I was prepared for the next week... this means I'll have 3 days of playing on the new patch and then thats it because my semester kicks off. Awesome job, seriously fucking amazing.
    Easy mate.. Its a game.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Yes.......We all know servers are going to be restarted and shutdown for maintenance constantly after it goes live whether it goes live on the 27th of August or October.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-08-21 at 03:56 PM. Reason: engrish

That works for me! It'll at least give me time to hit 90 and gear up a bit before jumping to Timeless Isle.
    Bessiepage - Korgath (US) / Acekicker - Ghostlands (US) / Maristraza - Ghostlands (US) / Niimeria - Korgath (US) / Khanga - Korgath (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    What I find strange is that no one has questioned blizzard on their "releasing more content more often" broken promise. I don't follow blizzard or any of the faggy directors on twiter but it annoys me that people aren't spamming their social media outlets letting them know that they failed to come through and fulfil their end of the deal with this expansion. Content has been squeezed out at the same rate as always with no difference in quality. In fact its probably worse if anything. As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops... Absolutely no difference from cataclysm. Ill tell you whats going to happen, the SoO patch will grow old after a couple of months (at the most) and then we'll all be waiting the standard 9 months to a year for the next expansion. 9 months-year of complete dead time. Un fucking acceptable. They know the game is stale and old but they still leave people sitting on a shit excuse for a patch for almost a year.
    Please if you use twitter let these piss poor game directors know they have failed to come through on a promise just like the media does to politicians. They are getting away scott free without having to answer any questions about their failures and it annoys me.
    It annoys me when people like you make flat-out bullshit false posts like this. The current expansion has had the fastest rate of content delivered to the players since the game began. They have absolutely delivered on their promise of faster content releases.

Have you even been paying attention? Do you know how to count? Go to wowpedia and look up the patch release dates and then use your computer's calendar and math it out. Then edit your post and remove all that bullshit so further posters won't have to see how stupid your post was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Really? Scheduled is indicating the confirmation. They don't have to literally use the word confirmed in order for the date to be confirmed.
    "Scheduled" does not mean "confirmed." They change their schedule all the time and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the MMO-Champion community is aware of this fact.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed. I was getting everything ready for switching specs, gathering notes for what to do when I jump in game. With the 10th, I am not even sure I'll be able to around due to RL stuff.

Still - a bit bummed. Period.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Really? Scheduled is indicating the confirmation. They don't have to literally use the word confirmed in order for the date to be confirmed.
    scheduled and confirmed are not the same thing. until the schedule itself is then confirmed, said schedule is nothing more than a temporary timetable. we can make plans, but we cant plan the results. no big deal here, most people realized it was the 10th late last week based on 25H not being tested yet and no RC on the PTR yet. we also knew that if it did get pushed it would be the 10th and not the 3rd as that would require blizz employees working on labor day (national holiday) to roll out the patch. settle down people, its a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    "Scheduled" does not mean "confirmed." They change their schedule all the time and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the MMO-Champion community is aware of this fact.
    They gave a date, the scheduled part is in there simply so if they do have to change the plan people won't complain. When they give a date they are confirming X for the date unless something changes that plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    we also knew that if it did get pushed it would be the 10th and not the 3rd as that would require blizz employees working on labor day (national holiday) to roll out the patch. settle down people, its a game.
    Blizzard has released patches, expansions, and games around major holidays. WoW was released on November 23rd, and Thanksgiving was November 25th in 2004. That is a larger holiday then labor day and was an entirely new game rather then simply a patch. They also did a patch, minor though it may be, two days after labor day last year.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-08-21 at 04:10 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard has released patches, expansions, and games around major holidays. WoW was released on November 23rd, and Thanksgiving was November 25th in 2004. That is a larger holiday then labor day and was an entirely new game rather then simply a patch. They also did a patch, minor though it may be, two days after labor day last year.
    Difference here is, Labor day is the day right before the "patch" day. IE Labor Day is on Monday. September 2. Thus, no one is working that day. So patch day can't happen the day after.

The example you mention all happen after the holiday is over or a couple of days before it starts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Bugalysm and Mist of Faildaria want a word with you sir

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/370202240650211329

Holinka@holinka
    Please do not come crying to me if the season does not end and the patch does not release on the 27th.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Difference here is, Labor day is the day right before the "patch" day. IE Labor Day is on Monday. September 2. Thus, no one is working that day. So patch day can't happen the day after.

The example you mention all happen after the holiday is over or a couple of days before it starts.
    Time off for Thanksgiving in the US is typically from Wednesday through Sunday. You really think that for the original launch of WoW they had no one working that week? The patch can certainly happen the day after labor day because people typically return to work the day after labor day, thus people would be working at Blizzard. Not to mention they have server technicians that work every day or are on call every day in case something needs their attention.

If a server goes down on Labor day they won't say Oh well its a holiday we will fix it the next day. Blizzard can and does release major things around holidays.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The release date only bothers me because Total War: Rome 2 comes out like a week before and GTA V a week after this. It's gonna be hard to choose which to play. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    That's a bit of a downer, but we all knew that it was August 27th at the earliest.. Shame, I was really looking forward to next week.
    as was I... =( ...Now we need to wait 20 more damned days. good god. I have to wait two weeks just to be in the position I thought I was in this week with the patch releasing next week.

God damnit.