Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 5.4 on September 10

    Tom Chilton said in a pre Gamescon interview to german fansite Gamona, patch 5.4 will be released on September 10 (11 in europe). See news: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/#

  2. #2
    That's a bit of a downer, but we all knew that it was August 27th at the earliest.. Shame, I was really looking forward to next week.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    That's a bit of a downer, but we all knew that it was August 27th at the earliest.. Shame, I was really looking forward to next week.
    Nobody thought it would be next week, since blizzard still haven't given a 2 weeks warning yet ^^
    I'm okay with it first being by then, despite looking forward to new raid/stuff.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Nobody thought it would be next week, since blizzard still haven't given a 2 weeks warning yet ^^
    I'm okay with it first being by then, despite looking forward to new raid/stuff.
    They gafe the 2week season warning, thats about it as good as it gets when it comes to warnings.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    They gafe the 2week season warning, thats about it as good as it gets when it comes to warnings.
    They specifically said that it wasn't nessesarely connected with when patch came in the same sentence though, so i didn't take it as that
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    They specifically said that it wasn't nessesarely connected with when patch came in the same sentence though, so i didn't take it as that
    I know but as I said, thats as good as it gets, then the closest you get is the maintenance post that they are applying it and boubs magic.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Nivena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iceblood Garrison
    Posts
    1,280
    I personally think the delay is good, one more week of balancing/introducing connected realms might make a difference...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    I personally think the delay is good, one more week of balancing/introducing connected realms might make a difference...
    Since when was 27th Aug to 10 Sept one week?

  9. #9
    Bah, I have a week off for labor day - was hoping to check out 5.4.... oh well.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    That's a bit of a downer, but we all knew that it was August 27th at the earliest.. Shame, I was really looking forward to next week.
    What I find strange is that no one has questioned blizzard on their "releasing more content more often" broken promise. I don't follow blizzard or any of the faggy directors on twiter but it annoys me that people aren't spamming their social media outlets letting them know that they failed to come through and fulfil their end of the deal with this expansion. Content has been squeezed out at the same rate as always with no difference in quality. In fact its probably worse if anything. As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops... Absolutely no difference from cataclysm. Ill tell you whats going to happen, the SoO patch will grow old after a couple of months (at the most) and then we'll all be waiting the standard 9 months to a year for the next expansion. 9 months-year of complete dead time. Un fucking acceptable. They know the game is stale and old but they still leave people sitting on a shit excuse for a patch for almost a year.
    Please if you use twitter let these piss poor game directors know they have failed to come through on a promise just like the media does to politicians. They are getting away scott free without having to answer any questions about their failures and it annoys me.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Crysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    518
    Omfg, I was prepared for the next week... this means I'll have 3 days of playing on the new patch and then thats it because my semester kicks off. Awesome job, seriously fucking amazing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    What I find strange is that no one has questioned blizzard on their "releasing more content more often" broken promise. I don't follow blizzard or any of the faggy directors on twiter but it annoys me that people aren't spamming their social media outlets letting them know that they failed to come through and fulfil their end of the deal with this expansion. Content has been squeezed out at the same rate as always with no difference in quality. In fact its probably worse if anything. As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops... Absolutely no difference from cataclysm. Ill tell you whats going to happen, the SoO patch will grow old after a couple of months (at the most) and then we'll all be waiting the standard 9 months to a year for the next expansion. 9 months-year of complete dead time. Un fucking acceptable. They know the game is stale and old but they still leave people sitting on a shit excuse for a patch for almost a year.
    Please if you use twitter let these piss poor game directors know they have failed to come through on a promise just like the media does to politicians. They are getting away scott free without having to answer any questions about their failures and it annoys me.
    What the actual hell? They promised us new raid content every 6 months, with small content patch 2 months after large one. And so far they delivered. So we might actually see new expansion ~18 months after this one. Get your facts straight if you want to insult developers.

    Oh, and surprise, not everyone has been as succesful as you are by clearing heroic content in 1 month after patch.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    What I find strange is that no one has questioned blizzard on their "releasing more content more often" broken promise. I don't follow blizzard or any of the faggy directors on twiter but it annoys me that people aren't spamming their social media outlets letting them know that they failed to come through and fulfil their end of the deal with this expansion. Content has been squeezed out at the same rate as always with no difference in quality. In fact its probably worse if anything. As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops... Absolutely no difference from cataclysm. Ill tell you whats going to happen, the SoO patch will grow old after a couple of months (at the most) and then we'll all be waiting the standard 9 months to a year for the next expansion. 9 months-year of complete dead time. Un fucking acceptable. They know the game is stale and old but they still leave people sitting on a shit excuse for a patch for almost a year.
    Please if you use twitter let these piss poor game directors know they have failed to come through on a promise just like the media does to politicians. They are getting away scott free without having to answer any questions about their failures and it annoys me.
    If it annoys you so much how about you stop crying to us and go question them yourself? Probably because you're talking out your ass and you know it.

    OP: Searching is hard? Already multiple threads on the subject.

  14. #14
    This will be the first time in 3 years that the PvP season and patch release did not coincide with each other, pretty surprised they changed their mind.

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    What I find strange is that no one has questioned blizzard on their "releasing more content more often" broken promise. I don't follow blizzard or any of the faggy directors on twiter but it annoys me that people aren't spamming their social media outlets letting them know that they failed to come through and fulfil their end of the deal with this expansion. Content has been squeezed out at the same rate as always with no difference in quality. In fact its probably worse if anything. As it is now you spend months of boredom waiting for a patch that has enough content to last like 1-2 months tops... Absolutely no difference from cataclysm. Ill tell you whats going to happen, the SoO patch will grow old after a couple of months (at the most) and then we'll all be waiting the standard 9 months to a year for the next expansion. 9 months-year of complete dead time. Un fucking acceptable. They know the game is stale and old but they still leave people sitting on a shit excuse for a patch for almost a year.
    Please if you use twitter let these piss poor game directors know they have failed to come through on a promise just like the media does to politicians. They are getting away scott free without having to answer any questions about their failures and it annoys me.
    Uh...uhm? Every 3 months a Patch was released. Before it was about every 6 months?

  16. #16
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Funckel View Post
    Tom Chilton said in a pre Gamescon interview to german fansite Gamona, patch 5.4 will be released on September 10 (11 in europe). See news: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/#
    Hehe - that should give me just enough time to finish levelling up my entire pet collection

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    This will be the first time in 3 years that the PvP season and patch release did not coincide with each other, pretty surprised they changed their mind.
    Season ending on 27th wasn't confirmed. They may still be same day (patch and season ending like blue post said, blue post just didn't say exact date for either of those).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    What the actual hell? They promised us new raid content every 6 months, with small content patch 2 months after large one. And so far they delivered. So we might actually see new expansion ~18 months after this one. Get your facts straight if you want to insult developers.

    Oh, and surprise, not everyone has been as succesful as you are by clearing heroic content in 1 month after patch.
    This.
    So what woodgela talks about i have no idea about. He/She might want to check up on what blizzard promised :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Season ending on 27th wasn't confirmed. They may still be same day (patch and season ending like blue post said, blue post just didn't say exact date for either of those).
    ^this, People took the twitter comment way out of text, he clearly did not guarantee the season ending and patch launching, yet all over the forums you see Aug 27th patch confirmed, but no it was not, hinted and confirmed are two very different things, there is alot of things that still need to get done before launch. Maybe next time people will not jump the gun about a launch date. 2-3 Weeks more is what i anticipated and looks as though i was right.

  20. #20
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Uh...uhm? Every 3 months a Patch was released. Before it was about every 6 months?
    Yeah, 5.1 and 5.3 were the best patches ever, so much content. Did you see the raids and the BGs that got released? Dude, they were insane!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •