Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    What would had happened if Sargeras went through the portal and freed the Old Gods? Would the Old Gods make Sargeras beg for mercy or would they underestimate him? or would they
    They would not ask or say anything, sargeras would just be obliterated.

LOL all ya'll need to go read the books, interviews and other writings by the warcraft universe creators. An wowpedia is less than a source is trash. Just find the real sources. Here I'll give you some help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah, they "defeated" all of the old gods and imprisoned them. But cthun for an example escaped. Nzoth still is contained. They imprisoned them in the first place because they couldnt kill them.
    It is possible for a god to exert influence over several locations simultaneously. Yet the power of a god is limited. Otherwise, of course, the Old Gods could not have been imprisoned. Nonetheless, an imprisoned, sleeping, or otherwise enfeebled god may still have an effect--conscious or not--on the god's surroundings. The development of the qiraji is said to be the result of just such an incidental influence.

In that citate, still no word "killed" but "neutralize" instead. And "contain"
    Wow...
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: If they killed the Old Gods Azeroth would have been destroyed.
    Kaddrak yells: Correct. Creators neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host. Forge of Wills and other systems were instituted to create new Earthen. Safeguards were implemented and protectors were appointed.

Also:
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    Aegwyn battleing his avatar in Northrend
    this occurred approximately 100 years before Warcraft 1
    That was actually 823 years before WC1.

Deleted
    Your first citate does tell same what I just told you. Are you high?

Second citate. Bronzebeard yells that IF they had killed old god blah blah blah. Kaddrak then yells that they neutralized them and CONTAINED

Blizz citate. No word about nzoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your first citate does tell same what I just told you. Are you high?

Second citate. Bronzebeard yells that IF they had killed old god blah blah blah. Kaddrak then yells that they neutralized them and CONTAINED

Blizz citate. No word about nzoth.
    Imprisoning the Old Gods was how the Titans defeated them when killing them was no longer an option... The Titans couldn't defeat N'zoth, therefore he wasn't imprisoned or killed.

Deleted
    I told you earlier that imprisonment = defeat, and for the latter, give me source where blizzard says that nzoth is not captured

10+ Year Old Account
    I told you earlier that imprisonment = defeat, and for the latter, give me source where blizzard says that nzoth is not captured
    Wow, you fail so hard. You say "imprisonment = defeat"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)
    The Cdevs explicitly say that the Titans couldn't defeat N'zoth. No defeat = no imprisonment.

Deleted
    I meant that defeat does not neccesarily mean killing, but it does not neccesarily mean imprisonment either. You need to understand that those blizz citates are incredibly vague.

I have pasted many times blizz implying that yshaarj is not really dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pasted many times blizz implying that yshaarj is not really dead.
    You mean like these:
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    What are some of the larger implications that will come into play for having a dead Old God on Pandaria, if any, and is there a chance we might get to see some form of its body?
    I'm not going to answer if we're going to see his body or not. But sort of the Old God is a lot of this negative energy that has become the Sha that still haunts and pollutes this land. Ramifications... Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

At the end of the Klaxxi questline, the mantid mentioned that at one point in time, they worshipped Y'shaarj, an old god. However, he was slain by the Titans and was split into "shadows of his former self". Is he, in some way, in relations with the Sha and will we see Y'shaarj in future content patches?
    Y'shaarj breathed love and exhaled hate, inhaled peace and breathed violence... Plus, his name was y'SHAarj. It's pretty safe to connect the dots. :smileyhappy: But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)

Garrosh brings heart of Y'shaarj back to life using the pools of Pandaria. Fortunately, the whole God isn't resurrected. (Source)
    And confirmed in game: "Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed."

"But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead." I'm no expert, but I think Kosak is trying to imply that maybe Y'shaarj isn't really dead...
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What's your point? That is not canon.
    It is canon and the point is clear.

Deleted
    I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
    He is dead. (Source)
    How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
    "What is dead may never die?" (Source)

mmo-champion news page 5

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
    He is dead. (Source)
    How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
    "What is dead may never die?" (Source)

mmo-champion news page 5
    So, he says Y'shaarj is dead twice in those and your conclusion is that he's implying that Y'shaarj isn't dead...

Deleted
    Cant you comprehend anything that you read?

That guy is asking blue how old god can die, and blu answers that they are dead to begin with so they cant die

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah and my point was that blizz contradicts itself and/or is incredibly vague. Also, that big citate goes with that the old gods are indeed dead, so you cant kill them

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and my point was that blizz contradicts itself and/or is incredibly vague. Also, that big citate goes with that the old gods are indeed dead, so you cant kill them
    "What is dead may never die?" is a Game of Thrones reference. That's why it's in quotes. He was being cheeky and dismissive of the "outside the cycle" comment.

He has said repeatedly that Y'shaarj is dead.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Its also very common phrase. I am giving up now with you. If you cant understand that, or anything at this point, you probably never.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "What is dead may never die?" is a Game of Thrones reference. That's why it's in quotes. He was being cheeky and dismissive of the "outside the cycle" comment.

He has said repeatedly that Y'shaarj is dead.
    "He was being cheeky" sounds like an assumption to me. And if he was being dismissive of the "outside the cycle" line, which occurs in multiple places in-game, maybe he shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    "He was being cheeky" sounds like an assumption to me. And if he was being dismissive of the "outside the cycle" line, which occurs in multiple places in-game, maybe he shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.
    Or they weren't thinking about it back then? "Outside the cycle" was put in during WotLK.

They even put in "Even death may die..." for the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron during Cata.

But of course, that 1 line about "outside the cycle" from 5 years ago should completely override all the times they've said recently that the Old Gods can die and have died... If you're clinging so much to "outside the cycle", consider it retconned.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Or they weren't thinking about it back then? "Outside the cycle" was put in during WotLK.

They even put in "Even death may die..." for the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron during Cata.

But of course, that 1 line about "outside the cycle" from 5 years ago should completely override all the times they've said recently that the Old Gods can die and have died... If you're clinging so much to "outside the cycle", consider it retconned.
    Seems more likely to me that they weren't thinking about it when they were talking about it recently. I do still remember why there's a "Wildhammer Fact Checker" in the Ironforge throne room.

Deleted
    I've got a question that I might as well post in here since it's not really worth creating a separate thread.

On wowpedia Sargeras' size is described as: 'Sargeras is a huge being almost beyond comprehension'

How could he have fit through the tiny well of eternity?