Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiidan View Post
    Well, you said Sargeras is looking to create an army, I said he is not, he is corrupting and using species he se fit to help him acive the goal of RAZING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND OBLITERATE ALL LIFE. His Ultimate goal is to KILL ALL, not CREATE an army....
    You completely missed my point. If he had an infinite demon army (which he doesn't as I cited), he wouldn't be constantly searching for an army (which he is). Sargeras recruited the eredar to bolster his army. Kil'jaeden's standing order from Sargeras was to find a mortal army. What Sargeras plans to do with that army doesn't change the fact that he is seeking to build a larger one.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-21 at 09:33 PM.

@Aquamonkey @Aiidan: You're both right. Creating an army is "the means" to Sargeras' overall plan, and destroying all life is "the end" of his plan, b/c in Sargeras' warped sense of order he sees a universe devoid of life as absolute order devoid of chaos. That's probably the penultimate reason I like him so much, b/c in a twisted way he's still following his main directive; he just chose a different path to get there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    @Aquamonkey @Aiidan: You're both right. Creating an army is "the means" to Sargeras' overall plan, and destroying all life is "the end" of his plan, b/c in Sargeras' warped sense of order he sees a universe devoid of life as absolute order devoid of chaos. That's probably the penultimate reason I like him so much, b/c in a twisted way he's still following his main directive; he just chose a different path to get there.
    This man has the right of it. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    So, Malfurion can just create a weapon that can stop the universes apparent strongest being, from using his magic on people. why aint he making more of these weapons?
    Malfurion's Axe could stop nothing, it wasnt even hyped that much to begin with, just a magical wood axe with the density and sharpness of diamond, it was Brox's feat to make it slightly scratch Sargeras.

Who know what kind of elementium/diamond hybrid, naaru infused shit we'll be using against him, certainly seems more than capable to harm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You completely missed my point. If he had an infinite demon army (which he doesn't as I cited), he wouldn't be constantly searching for an army (which he is). Sargeras recruited the eredar to bolster his army (maybe due to being defeated on Azeroth). Kil'jaeden's standing order from Sargeras was to find a mortal army. What Sargeras plans to do with that army doesn't change the fact that he is seeking to build a larger one.
    The eredar were in the army prior to him being defeated on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, the titans CREATE PLANETS OUT IN SPACE! They don't need to stand on a rock to do this shit they just create stuff, or raze stuff and remake it as they see fit. This is the scope of their power.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you said Sargeras is looking to create an army, I said he is not, he is corrupting and using species he se fit to help him acive the goal of RAZING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND OBLITERATE ALL LIFE. His Ultimate goal is to KILL ALL, not CREATE an army....
    I was talking about an old god vs titan and how many if it took more than one to beat an old god. Creating planets has nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Malfurion can just create a weapon that can stop the universes apparent strongest being, from using his magic on people.

why aint he making more of these weapons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Malfurion's Axe could stop nothing, it wasnt even hyped that much to begin with, just a magical wood axe with the density and sharpness of diamond, it was Brox's feat to make it slightly scratch Sargeras.

Who know what kind of elementium/diamond hybrid, naaru infused shit we'll be using against him, certainly seems more than capable to harm him.
    And Malfurion didn't create the axe himself. Cenarius, a demigod, guided him during the crafting process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Yea, actually thinking back on the timeline, the eredar were inducted 25,000 years ago and the WotA happened 10,000 years ago. I just didn't remember any eredar being present during the WotA, it was all handled by Mannoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can't kill an old god. Sargeras is a titan. Old gods > titans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about an old god vs titan and how many if it took more than one to beat an old god. Creating planets has nothing to do with it.
    The old gods die if the titans destroy the planet, and the planet dies if the titans destroy the old gods, the titans can easily destroy Azeroth and the old gods, infact they can do it in less than a heartbeat, as my previous quotes from Algalon the observer has stated... Do people not read anymore?

To imprisson an old god is another matter ofcourse and well to kill one old god and imprisson the rest one (1) Titan fell.. and it does not even say if it died or just went out of a combatative state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You can, if you are a titan. The blizzard developers have said themselves that Y'Shaarj is dead and dead for real. He is dead and killed by the titans, The titans could have done it in an easier way but they wanted to spare Azeroth. And they found out when they killed Y'Shaarj that the death of an old god corrupts the land badly and the death of all old gods would result in the destruction of the planet. They choose to imprisson the rest, for the sake of Azeroth, not because of lack of power.

Blizzars has made the titans the most powerfull beings in the universe, they create planets with their powers, they create order. The fallen Titan has the power to corrupt entire species and boost their powers to the unimagiable. (Kil'jaeden and archimonde to name a few)
    Last edited by mmoc7b0669778c; 2013-08-21 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old gods die if the titans destroy the planet, and the planet dies if the titans destroy the old gods, the titans can easily destroy Azeroth and the old gods, infact they can do it in less than a heartbeat, as my previous quotes from Algalon the observer has stated... Do people not read anymore?

To imprisson an old god is another matter ofcourse and well to kill one old god and imprisson the rest one (1) Titan fell.. and it does not even say if it died or just went out of a combatative state.
    Yes, the Titans can clearly destroy planets and build them, but that heartbeat thing was clearly hyperbolic speech. It took the Titans ages to craft Azeroth. It took so long that they didn't even bother waiting around for it to happen and left their constructs to do the work.

Also, the Titans killed more than just the one. It was confirmed by Kosak that the Titans killed Y'Shaarj and others.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    What are some of the larger implications that will come into play for having a dead Old God on Pandaria, if any, and is there a chance we might get to see some form of its body?
    I'm not going to answer if we're going to see his body or not. But sort of the Old God is a lot of this negative energy that has become the Sha that still haunts and pollutes this land. Ramifications... Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

Deleted
    Yes, the Titans can clearly destroy planets and build them, but that heartbeat thing was clearly hyperbolic speech. It took the Titans ages to craft Azeroth. It took so long that they didn't even bother waiting around for it to happen and left their constructs to do the work.

Also, the Titans killed more than just the one. It was confirmed by Kosak that the Titans killed Y'Shaarj and others.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    What are some of the larger implications that will come into play for having a dead Old God on Pandaria, if any, and is there a chance we might get to see some form of its body?
    I'm not going to answer if we're going to see his body or not. But sort of the Old God is a lot of this negative energy that has become the Sha that still haunts and pollutes this land. Ramifications... Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)
    Algalon is a being made out of math, he does not do such things as hyperbolic speeches.

The blue quote thou is clearly nice to see and read, spotlights the power of the titans even more.
    They left their creations to do the polishing on the world, not the crafting of the planet, fauna, seas ect,ect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

Dave Kosak, Lead Quests Designer, says Old Gods CAN die. Skip to 16:45~. I take his word for it over fanboyism.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-08-21 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon is a being made out of math, he does not do such things as hyperbolic speeches.

The blue quote thou is clearly nice to see and read, spotlights the power of the titans even more.
    They left their creations to do the polishing on the world, not the crafting of the planet, fauna, seas ect,ect.
    Archivum System says: The decomposition of the planet and its living organisms into base elements: metals, rocks, gases. This is followed by a period of reconstitution of each element into the original planetary blueprint.

"Period of reconstitution" makes it sound longer than a heartbeat. If it's so fast, why even call it a "period"?

Finishing touches is a nice theory, except Tribunal of Ages says the earthen were there from the beginning and that Azeroth was still in the early stages of development when the Old Gods came.

Abedneum yells: Accessing prehistoric data... retrieved. In the beginning earthen were created to--
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Right, right... I know that the earthen were made of stone to shape the deep reaches o' the world. But what about the anomalies? Matrix non-stabilizing and whatnot.
    Abedneum yells: Accessing. In the early stages of its development cycle Azeroth suffered infection by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-21 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything would be dead.

I just didn't remember any eredar being present during the WotA, it was all handled by Mannoroth.
    Archimonde was definitely there; he killed Malorne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Archimonde was definitely there; he killed Malorne.
    Oh, yea. That battle where they were thundering around with earthquakes and shit.

Yes, the Titans can clearly destroy planets and build them, but that heartbeat thing was clearly hyperbolic speech.
    I would say the creating life part is definitely hyperbolic as evidenced by how long it took to shape Azeroth; however, I wouldn't say destroying a planet instantaneously would be beyond their scope. In the short story about Velen released this past year, Velen has a vision that culminates with an eredar empowering a spell that obliterates a planet (presumably Kil'jaedan given the power display). With this in mind, I would say if KJ can do it, then the titans can do it.

Deleted
    We don't actually have anything to argue about seeing as we say almost the same things but with different words.
    The titans created servants when they were working on shaping their world yes, the creating and shaping of the planets and worlds takes longer than the obliterating and razing, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    What would had happened if Sargeras went through the portal and freed the Old Gods? Would the Old Gods make Sargeras beg for mercy or would they underestimate him? or would they
    he wouldnt have stepped through the portal. they would have.

had illidans spell worked it wouldve redirected the portal so that the old gods could come out of their prison.

sargeras would be stuck on whatever planet he was on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

And where exactly does it say that the titans are the most powerful beings in the universe?

And that if Kil'jaedan enters Azeroth its game over?

And Sargeras entering Azeroth is equal to the sun entering earths atmosphere?

In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions.

Thats cool and all, but lets be realistic, Blizzard will very likely retcon this. Unlikely anything, but Sargeras will be the ultimate Villain, and he will be stronger than anything we have encountered yet, including old gods. Either he will be stronger as them to begin with, or he will raise in strenght by other means, Pantheon Titans have the knowledge to destroy planetary systems for god's sake. >.> Blizzard just tends to use iconic villains to use them in their games. Old gods cannot provide this. Its eaiser to do this with something that got a humanoid form in a way, like having a detailed face to show expressions at least. Also if the old gods would be really all that powerful, they would be freed long ago...and not a stone will be left standing. That company recton the lore all the time to their needs and it will happen again. We got 2 old god encounters and none of them was too powerful and the endboss of a xpack or vanilla, so something is very wrong with that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the Burning Legion could defeat the Old Gods, ESPECIALLY if Sargeras would have had Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde with him mopping things up. The Old Gods on Azeroth are just that: On Azeroth. The Burning Legion controls entire worlds; they'd be able to stream in more troops than the Old Gods could hope to muster, especially with the Portal completely functional.

As for the "Old Gods could take Sargeras..." be aware that "Krasus speculating" is not a basis for anything; he's not omniscient. I remember there also being speculation that it would take all the Dragon Aspects to defeat Sargeras... they were barely able to defeat Deathwing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.