Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that's what happened to Frostmourne's shards...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    I still think the core mechanic of the game hasn't been addressed. You farm more to get better gear to farm more. Repeat indefinitely. While this was ok in 1990s it doesn't fly in 2013.

You can't have your entire game based around endless farming to get better gear to do more farming. It doesn't take long to hit a wall where it's either thousands of hours for a one slight upgrade or keep your sanity and quit.

Blizzard we need other things to do! Lottery, pvp, artifact collecting and a million other ideas are ignored by blizzard to change around the gear. Putting a band aid on full artery cut is essentially what they are doing. Sure the xpac can give us 100-1000 more hours but it will be the same stale feeling when the uniqueness has worn off.
    Regardless of what flaws Diablo 3 has, the whole point of Diablo games are the loot hunting and customizing your character. There are games that do the stuff you are describing pretty well already and Diablo is obviously not the game for you if you don't think loot hunting doesn't fly today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    I still think the core mechanic of the game hasn't been addressed. You farm more to get better gear to farm more. Repeat indefinitely. While this was ok in 1990s it doesn't fly in 2013.
    Yes, D3 is sort of a survivor of another age. On the other hand, things like torchlight and POE show that the genre is still quite popular. But I agree, it is not for everybody to play (by play I mean something else than play through it once and shelf it).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Not even interested. Too little too late. You destroyed Diablo 3 and nothing will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    You're in the minority. Millions of people aren't going to rush out and buy this on day one like they did with D3. Blizzard has lost trust with their consumers. I know I felt ripped off and wanted my money back after buying it. Most will wait for reviews, and if the key problems with D3 aren't addressed they will pass. Maybe they should concentrate on giving us what they promised on the friggen box before thinking about an expansion.
    I will just say that we will have to see how many are going to buy the expansion on day one or the first week. Many did get disappointed with Diablo 3, sure, but so far the expansion announcement has been very well received (looked all across the web and got fairly surprised at the first reactions people shared, which was far from negative).

If the expansion delivers on its promises as well as solving the core issues with the live version (which it looks like it will), then it actually may be quite successful.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, watching that cinematic, when has hiding anything in a dark hole in the ground ever worked in any Diablo?

oh jeez there goes the hype train i wont buys it since d3 was a failure in my eyes

Can anyone tell me the English transcript of opening cinematic? I want to make subtitle for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Regardless of what flaws Diablo 3 has, the whole point of Diablo games are the loot hunting and customizing your character. There are games that do the stuff you are describing pretty well already and Diablo is obviously not the game for you if you don't think loot hunting doesn't fly today.
    Yes unfortunately with D3 there is no "customizing your character". The only thing that changes with D3 over time is hitting for bigger numbers. Same content, no customization, no character progress. Still waiting on the whole 2v2 3v3 arena that was supposed to be in game and was a major selling point for many people, that was never implemented.

The expansion is going to come out in 2014 most likely but seriously the content and features in D3 are extremely underwhelming. Definitely not 2014 quality stuff.

Deleted
    vuw teh cinematic, felt like a ghostly hooded version of a Lich, Kel Thuzad or something.

Crusader? Uh...uh....uhhhhhh....we already have a holy power warrior, called the Monk, now we have another called Crusader? What's next? Another wizard class?..Couldn't they thought of something else?..how about a dr00d-ish class for example?

Finally a new expansion, but...I better not have to start over, I'll want to continue with my Monk as it is now with its items n gears into the next expansion.

Well! At least we'll have some kewl cinematics n I wonder what battle-pet we'll get with the collector's edition? Or how about a mount? A death-themed mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I don't really understand how people can go into an Action RPG game, then complain that much of the replayability comes from farming or higher difficulties.
    Welcome to the goddamn genre?

Might as well play CoD and whine about guns.

PS. Since this seems to be such an alien concept:
    How many of those players who got Lord of Destruction got stuck for hundreds of hours? How many of them remained for years of Baal-farms.
    The true LoD fanatics thought D3 would be everything they loved 10 years ago and more. No wonder Blizzard actually had to keep the hype from creating a black hole.

Personally I don't know if I'll play RoS. I defeated Diablo on Inferno and felt like I had gotten enough out of the game. Nothing wrong.
    Also, who'd like to bet on whether or not there are threads from people with too fat wallets right now on D3 forums, yelling for level cap to stay at 60?

I will just say that we will have to see how many are going to buy the expansion on day one or the first week. Many did get disappointed with Diablo 3, sure, but so far the expansion announcement has been very well received (looked all across the web and got fairly surprised at the first reactions people shared, which was far from negative).

If the expansion delivers on its promises as well as solving the core issues with the live version (which it looks like it will), then it actually may be quite successful.
    From 10 friends of mine who bought D3 no one is even intestered in this expansion. All trust was lost. I think maybe 1/3 of people who bought D3 gonna buy this one.

15+ Year Old Account

People seem to be forgetting that Jay Wilson is no longer the lead dev for D3. The new lead dev, Josh Mosqueira, has been far more receptive to fan feedback and suggestions than Wilson ever was, as evidenced by much of what is planned to be implemented with Reaper of Souls.

FYI - all the system and gameplay revamps (i.e. - Paragon overhaul) are going to be patched to D3 for free before Reaper of Souls launches, which means you won't even have buy the expansion to enjoy much of the planned changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The gaming sites I go to had about 90% of the comments being very negative, filled with cynicism and distrust. Most were along the lines of, "If it doesn't make the game play like D2 then I'm not buying it." We shall see indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that Jay Wilson is no longer the lead dev for D3. The new lead dev, Josh Mosqueira, has been far more receptive to fan feedback and suggestions than Wilson ever was, as evidenced by much of what is planned to be implemented with Reaper of Souls.
    Yeah, even regarding the man, I liked his presentation a lot. I'm not talking about the content, just about the way he talks and presents the stuff.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    10x for the Video..
    Gameplay?
    Spended 300 hour's++ Not a single worth item for My dh..( I mean zero...down to zero...) Well grind is not fun if you never get something...
    In term's game is amazing for botting<12m sale...>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Yes unfortunately with D3 there is no "customizing your character". The only thing that changes with D3 over time is hitting for bigger numbers. Same content, no customization, no character progress. Still waiting on the whole 2v2 3v3 arena that was supposed to be in game and was a major selling point for many people, that was never implemented.

The expansion is going to come out in 2014 most likely but seriously the content and features in D3 are extremely underwhelming. Definitely not 2014 quality stuff.
    Well, I agree that those are the main issues currently, but I mentioned it because that is the design intent of the Diablo games. Diablo 3 has been lackluster in those departments, but those are the things the game is designed to satisfy still. It's just a matter of if the game succeeds at it or not, which many agree it did not quite do.

So paragon levels will now add stats points allocation.

So now they've admitted that they're reasons for bashing stats points was a strawman argument, as I had argued. Jay Wilson talked about how much stats sucked in D2, and why they won't be in D3. But that's only because stats were done badly in D2, and there's no reason why a good stat system can't be added to D3. Finally they admit their bad mistake.

Diablo III is a very bad game and sadly Blizzard totally screwed up. But my hopes are high again. It seems they try to bring back the magic !

Hope is in our souls

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is smart. The 2.0 patch set to revamp the entire game in preparation for Reaper of Souls will lure a lot of players back to play long enough to want to buy the expansion.