Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol at all the people going "OMG amazing trailer. This expansion will be GREAT!", as if the two are even remotely dependent on each other.

That said however, this expac looks pretty cool. They seem really determined to fix most of the glaring problems this disappointment of a game has. Removal of the Auction House and perhaps some changes to the skill system (which is pretty uninteresting as it is now) would seal the deal for me.

Looking forward to hearing more about this.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Yeah the millions of people that stormed the forums and gaming sites in outrage over how horrible the game was, that was all a dream. An entire country demanding refunds never happened. Gaming sites laughing and making jokes about errors were all made up. All 12 million people LOVED the game and only a few hipsters on here are pretending to hate it even though they secretly loved it. Makes perfect sense.
    That's because Internet wasn't as widespread in 2000 as it is in 2012. There was very few forums to actually storm, and no refunds to claim because in most countries, you couldn't even get a refund on a CD as it was considered a reproductible medium.

Of course, not every person who buys the game loves the game, that would be too simple. But the Internet forums as a way to QQ (with all the toolkit of retarded expressions, memes and so on) didn't really emerge until well after D2.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Given its sold 12 million copies I somehow doubt any of what your saying lol

D3 has been far more popular and is a better game than D1 or D2 was going only of units sold. My personal opinion is it is far better as well and I have played all 3 games.

So no only you have seen how supposed horrible D3 is I'm afraid lol

And this expansion is looking even better and as usual one hell of a trailer
    You're right! I was the only one who didn't like D3. Very intelligent and insightful post. 5 thumbs up!

15+ Year Old Account
    Im quite excited about the "multitiered legendaries" on picture of the monk fist i saw it had 3 small stars on it and it was account bound, couldt find any more info on it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Awesome! I'm excited for this In my opinion it's the best in the series

Not this time Blizzard. Thanks.

People still play diablo? I quit after the first IAS nerf and introduction of the RMAH. Thankfully I beat inferno diablo before all of the nerfs happened...... The only way I would even consider going back if the RMAH wasn't apart of this game , i highly doubt that as they already shot themselves in the foot! So money hungry those blizzard folks are.

Loool these haters are jokers.

Did you play Torchlight 2?? D3 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Torchlight I put far more hours into D3 on my Barb i think i only played like 2-3 hours max on TL2. That kiddies game was no where near as good as D3.

Yes D3 has its faults but not compared to the likes of SWTOR & Dragon Age 2.

I'll be picking up this expansion to see what new skills my barb gets. Also i hope it gets a Druid class announcement at BlizzCon. I miss the Werebear form!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Given its sold 12 million copies I somehow doubt any of what your saying lol
    D3 has been far more popular and is a better game than D1 or D2 was going only of units sold. My personal opinion is it is far better as well and I have played all 3 games.
    So no only you have seen how supposed horrible D3 is I'm afraid lol
    And this expansion is looking even better and as usual one hell of a trailer
    I am done giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt after the fail that was D3. I'm sorry, but Blizzard used to be the masters of the special sauce when it came to their games, and I was that guy who always stood in line to pick up a CE version of their games. When I fired up D3, it was a decent enough game but I could not stomach playing it through repeatedly on the higher difficulties; there was no randomness, the loot sucked and crafting was pointless. I put the game down for Torchlight II which I felt was infinitely better (random maps after beating the game, more interesting loot ... *secret areas*, etc etc).

So yeah, D3 sold plenty of copies I'm sure because there were a lot of suckers like me who rushed out and blindly bought the game. I am done; Blizzard has to earn my trust this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Did you play Torchlight 2?? D3 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Torchlight I put far more hours into D3 on my Barb i think i only played like 2-3 hours max on TL2. That kiddies game was no where near as good as D3.
    I know, right? Believing that a small company with a handful of resources will come up with a great game is silly. Well, not exactly that. If they do, bigger companies will integrate those ideas in their own games and will improve on them (because, well, they already know what went wrong or right).

Let's take an almost completely non-Blizzard example: Dota. It started as a WC/SC mod. What happened next? Well, big guys (Valve for Dota 2 and Riot for LoL) took over the concept and made something bigger (I'll refrain from commenting on "better" because I don't play those games). And now, maybe Blizzard will finally make All-Stars. So yeah, the initial concept was done by a small group, but it all ends up in the hands of big players.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Loool these haters are jokers.

Did you play Torchlight 2?? D3 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Torchlight I put far more hours into D3 on my Barb i think i only played like 2-3 hours max on TL2.
    To each his own. I have to ask though, why was it that Torchlight II had:

1. More loot
    2. More interesting loot
    3. Random dungeons
    4. Random overland maps each play-through
    5. Secret areas

I could go on and on, but Torchlight II had a shockingly superior amount of content compared to a game that had probably 10 times the budget and staff working on it.

Oh, and on top of that - Torchlight II had way less bugs! Do we even need to go into detail on all the embarrassing bugs that plagued D3? This from the company that almost invented the phrase ".... when its ready "

Nice Cinematic; However, not gonna get the expansion. D3 killed it for me; still having nightmares of how horrible the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Hating on D3 is the new cool hipster thing to do. Remembering how crappy D2 was before LOD is way harder.
    Ahh, the blind fanboi fanatacism. Look, you like the game, thats awesome just don't ignore reality because the haters are hating rather angrily on your fav game. Actually I don't remember how crappy D2 was initially because I'm pretty sure I was still playing it after a year and yes, LOD made the game even better. I quit playing D3 after 2 months or so, with two characters in the mid 30s.

There is no comparison to D2 that is valid because of two words: Error 37. Aka pointless DRM that locks you into the AH and kept people from playing the game they bought for a few days. Apparently action rpg's are now mmos. Blizz knows about mmo release day problems and yet... Toss in Jay Wilson n' team's attitudes, horrid loot design/drop tables that also pushed you to the AH. The AH making it a gold farming game, thus gold farmers and exploiters. The only upside there for some was they got their real money back selling on the real money AH.

It was obvious by level 15 on my first character that unless I wanted to play an ironman variant the best place to get actual loot I could use was the gold AH. I'd rag on the silly storyline and acting but that didn't matter as much as the other factors and hey, its a hack n' slash "rpg". An rpg without stats. Its even dumbed down more than WoW is these days.

TLDR version:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Reviews will have to be awesome and the expac tops out at $30 or less for me to be interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    D3 is the biggest fail in the gaming industry.

Wont buy that piece of shit
    I see you don't know what real shit is, then.

I know a lot of people love D3. I'm just not one of them.

I'm not even a hardcore fan of the first two games, though I did really enjoy D2.

D3 just felt... well, like how running in one of those wheels must feel to a hamster. Never ending and pointless. I play through the game, so I can... beat it on a harder level... ok, fine. After 3 or 4 times, it's just boring.

I doubt I'll get RoS unless they do some kind of deal on it like they did with D3 and WoW where you'd get a free copy and a mount if you sub'd to WoW for a year.

Awesome cinematic, just like the previous one.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Finally shields class who rely on shield.

One act is not enough content.Crusader is Monk 2.0... Considering that Dark Souls 2 and The Witcher 3 will be released next year as well im not sure if i will buy this D3 x-pac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sio View Post
    Actually I don't remember how crappy D2 was initially because I'm pretty sure I was still playing it after a year and yes, LOD made the game even better. I quit playing D3 after 2 months or so, with two characters in the mid 30s.
    Bolded part is the most important one. You don't remember. Well, it was bad. People played it because they had much less choice than today. Not to mention that whoever coded D2 ground sprites should have been smacked on the head a lot of times.

There is no comparison to D2 that is valid because of two words: Error 37. Aka pointless DRM that locks you into the AH
    There is absolutely no relationship between a DRM and AH. Battlefield has a DRM but no AH. What locks into the AH is the rarity of drops, not the DRM.

Apparently action rpg's are now mmos. Blizz knows about mmo release day problems and yet...
    Because it is cheaper to endure 24hours of problems than rent 10x more servers for the first 24 hours and not know what to do with them afterwards.
    Besides, the main problem were the authentication servers, not the game servers themselves.

Any company dealing with a flow of customers dimensions their installations according to some average value, not peak value. Which is why you have stuff like waiting times at call centers, for instance. No company is rich enough (or more accurately, stupid enough) to dimension around a peak value that will happen literally once during the release.

The AH making it a gold farming game, thus gold farmers and exploiters. The only upside there for some was they got their real money back selling on the real money AH.
    Nah, there was absolutely no botters in D2. No pindle bots, no duped items, no ith items, no maphack. It is all invented by the D3 fanboys.

Edit: oh, and no PKers and TPPK hacks.

It was obvious by level 15 on my first character that unless I wanted to play an ironman variant the best place to get actual loot I could use was the gold AH. I'd rag on the silly storyline and acting but that didn't matter as much as the other factors and hey, its a hack n' slash "rpg". An rpg without stats. Its even dumbed down more than WoW is these days.
    Because dumping all the points into one stat was very fun (hi to all bowazon players out there *wave*).
    MMO player

Meh Ill buy it...D3 was my least fav blizz game but still provided more hours of entertainment than 99% of games released that year. Im not keeping expectations high tho. RMAH pretty much ruined the first one