Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary Meta + Balance Druid = Free Glad

0 words really.

Deleted
    Wait wait... Legendary is OP in PVP? That can't be right. I remember how Thunderfury was completely balanced, how the glaives were absolutely fine, how Shadowmourne was pretty weak in PVP, how the Fangs of the Father were fine, how Dragonwrath was totally balanced too.

Sorry, I get that you're angry but after 4 expansions and Vanilla of every legendary (Except probably the hunter bow) being ridiculous in PVP, I don't get how it's still surprising.

So you're extremely mad that someone got extremely lucky in arena while you didn't stop his cooldowns? Seems like a valid concern.

Actually, it wasn't me playing it was Cdew, I'm just highlighting the fact that this meta is going to be a huge problem combined with the legendaries next patch.

So yeah, me, the multi rank 1 resto shaman Cdew, got outplayed by a 2400 boomkin. MHMMM GJ ALZU.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    So you're extremely mad that someone got extremely lucky in arena while you didn't stop his cooldowns? Seems like a valid concern.
    Starsurge can be instant, Instants are usually hard to counter.

Ok, the only thing I didn't really take in account is that the losing team is shatterplay, which lacks CC on the druid but the facts:

1. Getting 3 starsurges in that time is rare. Getting them while cooldowns are up is also rare, doesn't happen most of the time.
    2. The legendary meta gem has a lowered proc chance in PvP. As balance druids go for crit instead of haste in PvP, the uptime on that gem is pathetic.
    3. Stating "LOL THE PLAYER WAS CDEW WHO IS LIKE RAELLY GOOD" means nothing. Yes, he is an extremely good player, but yes, he does mistakes as well.
    4. People really need to realise that if you let a moonkin free cast when he has cooldowns up even for a short while, he will destroy. Fear, los, deep, silence, interrupt are all good steps of countering the cooldowns. Yes, some of the starsurges are instant but I can't believe the druid keeping a full set of dots on all targets when they're often dispelled and the procs don't come too often.

Also Sevaara, how can you know if the moonkin isn't some r1 player himself? Given that he climbed from nothing to 2.4k+ tells me that he is a good player to start with. And I hardly call relying on luck to kill someone "outplaying"

Also I'd like to point out that the legendary cloak will not proc in PvP, unless Blizzard changed their plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really seeing how a legendary gem with a haste proc results in free gladiator for boomkins. All I really see is a boomkin that likely had his cooldowns active and had some luck with instant starsurge procs. :/

How does 30% haste make Starsurge hit hard? I'm confused by this
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

It was not the meta that carried him. Quicark supposedly did the carry, and he's the highest rated boomkin in the world. The proc has zero effect on starsurge damage, and the damage has been that way since the release of the expansion. Also, boomkins are an AOE spec - of course they will be top damage.

Also, 2400 isn't even Glad
    Last edited by Malgru; 2013-08-21 at 11:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if someone kills cdew their class/gear must be overpowered!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yes, if someone kills cdew their class/gear must be overpowered!
    I never said it was. Watch the vod and you'll see how stupid boomkin damage is, the meta helps A LOT. No need to be an arse for no reason now is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Actually, it wasn't me playing it was Cdew, I'm just highlighting the fact that this meta is going to be a huge problem combined with the legendaries next patch.
    The meta has a much lower proc chance in pvp. The legendary cloak won't proc at all.

I never said it was. Watch the vod and you'll see how stupid boomkin damage is, the meta helps A LOT. No need to be an arse for no reason now is there.
    -Heavily reduced chance in PvP
    -It's haste, not pure dmg buff, only really makes dots tick faster
    -You can silence and stun to stop DoTs being re-applied at this time
    -Balance druids are the only class and spec to be able to take legendary meta to arena right? right? Nope.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    love how the haste proc did zero for that damage and yet its the meta's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I know right. The screenshot doesn't even tell us that the meta was even up at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You posted a bunch of pictures with the words GG blizzard. It does not show what the boomkin or the shaman did. Did the boomkin use his cds? Did the shaman not use his? Were they letting the boomkin free cast? Was the shaman not losing?

When you post a pictures of something and not add any discussion to it it adds nothing, making the person look very stupid. If you want to make a intellectual debate fine, I can do that, but you have to start out with a clear discussion. There is a reason meme pictures are banned on this forum.

Also what vod are you speaking of? I do not have time to go and look at all cdew's videos to find it.

False, if dots tick for more they have more chance to crit, if the dot crit you get a SS proc and are able to cast it instantly. That moonfire crit could very well be the trinket proc extra tick.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-08-22 at 03:06 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You posted a bunch of pictures with the words GG blizzard. It does not show what the boomkin or the shaman did. Did the boomkin use his cds? Did the shaman not use his? Were they letting the boomkin free cast? Was the shaman not losing?

When you post a pictures of something and not add any discussion to it it adds nothing, making the person look very stupid. If you want to make a intellectual debate fine, I can do that, but you have to start out with a clear discussion. There is a reason meme pictures are banned on this forum.

Also what vod are you speaking of? I do not have time to go and look at all cdew's videos to find it.

False, if dots tick for more they have more chance to crit, if the dot crit you get a SS proc and are able to cast it instantly. That moonfire crit could very well be the trinket proc extra tick.
    that is very big if for the one or maybe two ticks gave the extra proc

As I said before, you could easily lock a boomkin down with a silence->stun so he cant spam his dots on everyone when it procs, and even dispel a target he does manage to get refreshed dots on. It's not like boomkins are even the only class to get a legendary meta anyway..

AJ with the link for the VOD:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/24...-by-a-boomkin/

gg qulcark OP

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, what do you think the boomkin would have casted instead of starsurge? Would the other team still be in trouble then? I think so even if it did not proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    AJ with the link for the VOD:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/24...-by-a-boomkin/

gg qulcark OP
    Then it is settled, the druid popped all of his cooldowns and the shaman did not los,cc or use any of his so the shaman died.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-08-22 at 03:58 AM.