Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well Blizzard hasn't shown us a single hint yet (bastards) so nobody really knows. But it would be a big change and I'm going to say it seems unlikely. I think they would want to avoid things like being able to screw with all your sliders to make your character look hideous on purpose. Breaks immersion.

I think the conservative forecast would be: no sliders or subraces or anything, just better skeletons/animations and much higher res models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedeus View Post
    I'll take a source for that?

Otherwise, no, they won't be - that requires a change to just about everything the model interacts with throughout the game from weapons and armor, to terrain, mounts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by #ErugaG
    Törles Gonska ‏@ErugaG 17 Mar @Ghostcrawler in an interview with MMORPG you said the new models will have new animations. "old" fitting the new skeleton or total "new"?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @ErugaG Pretty much a total redo, but we want them to be recognizable. Still needs to feel like your character.

Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07497980571649

Second source: The skeleton the new Garrosh boss model has.

You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dam well hope so. Other MMO's had stuff like this 5+ years ago. If games with way smaller budgets can do it, blizz sure can.
    Aye mate

They may add new hairstyles, beards, faces and so on, but I doubt they'd give new customization options.

Sliders for Height/Weight are often found in games where everything looks the same-ish but with a skin color locking you to a race. Or everyone is a 'human' and you make dwarves and such with sliders. Don't expect them in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I highly doubt it. They'd have to design armor pieces to accommodate for all the various degrees of body sizes.
    Not necessarily the armor pice on a gnome is the same as a tauren its just scaled to accommodate the mass of one toon or the other, though I doubt they do that at this point I see no reason they couldn't.

I'm just going to throw this out there, If when they add the new models they don't allow you to completely re-customize your character, i will shit a brick and probably hate what they auto assign to my current characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Sliders for Height/Weight are often found in games where everything looks the same-ish but with a skin color locking you to a race. Or everyone is a 'human' and you make dwarves and such with sliders. Don't expect them in WoW.
    My point exactly. Most (if not all) games that have this option have really similar races.

Wow has a vast number of races and each one very specific (of course, with some exceptions), which makes this REALLY hard. Maybe something like increasing your character's size (not weight/height, plain SIZE) or the famous subraces, but this deep customization won't happen imho.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

I doubt it, but I do hope they add some of the sub race skins(dragonmaw etc.) and far more face, skin and hair options. I wouldn't be surprised if expanded customization was a major feature of the next expansion, along side the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seeing as pandaren don't have them...
    I very much doubt it.
    What does that have to do with it? I wouldn't expect them to add that level of customization to a single race and ignore the others, and the fact that feature X hasn't been implemented *yet* has no bearing on whether or not it will ever be implemented.

I would expect more customization. It just seems obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    I doubt it, but I do hope they add some of the sub race skins(dragonmaw etc.) and far more face, skin and hair options. I wouldn't be surprised if expanded customization was a major feature of the next expansion, along side the new models.
    i think that you will definately be able to choose dragonmaw etc, but i don't know about completely new hair styles, face etc.

It would be nice for a little more customisation for new characters though.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Why does WoW have to be on par with newer games? I don't understand this. Never will. If WoW changes too much, there is a great risk the game won't feel like WoW anymore. This is already happening in the game to some degree.
    The player base plays other games. It's gotten to the point were the quality of the current models is so low that moving back to WoW from anything else is pretty jarring.

As much as certain blizzard folk like to bad mouth nostalgia, they rely on it to get returning players; and to do that they need looking at WoW to be a homecoming, rather than a reminder of how things really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Do you think they will add more customization options that we don't have? Perhaps that some other games do.

Such as being able to make your toon skinny, normal, or bulky. Maybe more detailed facial features that you can change with a slider. Eye color. Etc..

If they aren't they should consider it to be more on par with newer games.
    if they dont i think its a waist of time to update them really :/

Deleted
    I wish they would, but they probably won't, because I don't think the engine can do this as it is.

But to be fair, I'd be happy if we just got more polygons on the existing models, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I highly doubt it. They'd have to design armor pieces to accommodate for all the various degrees of body sizes.
    Why? It's not like they currently do. Look how ridiculous most belts look on Pandaren.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I wish they would, but I don't really care. I just want more polygons.
    Polygons is emotions. -nods seriously-

I sincerely doubt it. I think the best we can hope for is increased customization over what we have now, AKA more options. If they don't bring the Alpha Worgen Females back... I will be very unhappy.

I'd like a skinnier BE chick. Not quite as anorexic as I'd like.

Deleted
    Blizzard said at one point, that dwarf model is ready. So they are coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'd like a skinnier BE chick. Not quite as anorexic as I'd like.
    You want skinnier model but not as anorexic? what? If they are already anorexic, then why you want more thin?

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    What does that have to do with it? I wouldn't expect them to add that level of customization to a single race and ignore the others, and the fact that feature X hasn't been implemented *yet* has no bearing on whether or not it will ever be implemented.

I would expect more customization. It just seems obvious.

Uh, well, because the pandaren are supposed to be on the same level as the player models maybe? They don't seem to have the extreme amounts of customization mentioned in this thread and I don't believe that they would suddenly at it in. Plus, worgen and goblins aren't confirmed to get an update yet, so.. they would have to edit it so they can add more customization to the pandaren models, and to the goblin and worgen models?

Yeah, no. I very much doubt it. If they were planning to add more customization, you would have seen it on the pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that would be too much work, I think. I don't think it would really fit WoW, either.

However, if the models look as well done as the Orc one (assuming Garrosh IS the new Orc) then I am major excited.