Poll: Do you think realm first achievements should be removed from the game?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Due to having to work even during level phases I didn't get a single realm first in mop. Don't care one bit let them stay for people to grab.

15+ Year Old Account
    The experience I've had is that they mostly add more grief than good to the game. A lot of drama for nothing, people crying out for bans, etc.

I have my share of realm firsts of various kinds, don't really think the achievements themselves add much. They're not even particularly indicative of anything because realms progress at wildly different paces. People who take three times the time I did to do something get an achievement, another guy who was 30 minutes behind gets nothing.

Deleted
    Removing Realm Firsts would be overall a silly decision. I speak as someone who was screwed out of realm firsts due to the gunship bug on MoP release, but that made me re-focus for the Pandaren Ambassador/Challenge Conqueror Realm First. It gives people something to aim for, and when the last content is cleared, it gives hardcore players something to do (Testing PTR, levelling, finding the best ways to level, more efficient, etc). You don't really understand the effort that goes in to it, so let that effort be rewarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    It gives people something to aim for, and when the last content is cleared, it gives hardcore players something to do (Testing PTR, levelling, finding the best ways to level, more efficient, etc). You don't really understand the effort that goes in to it, so let that effort be rewarded.
    Been there, done that. All of it. I'd still prefer to see them gone.

Edit:
    Hey, at least they got rid of the system that screwed over people who had to sit out in favour of raid setups.
    Last edited by Siri; 2013-08-24 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't really affect my gameplay, so i'm neutral.

...wait! They do! I always have a lot of fun laughing at those who stay in front of the computer for days in order to achieve pixels. No, they should stay.

Deleted
    yes they are nonsense and serve no purpose other than bragging rights of ~20 people on each server

they dont really hurt me in any way.

the only downside to realm first achievements that i can even imagine is that people pay a lot of money for accounts with that sort of thing and then pretend as if they got them. and that isnt even a huge downside it is really just someone taking creddit for someone elses effort and work.

and maybe the fact that only 10 or 25 people out of a raid team get them, when a lot more people put in effort for it to happen.

He's banned! Yay!

OT: Keep them. They don't affect you in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    He's banned! Yay!

OT: Keep them. They don't affect you in any way.
    He gets banned fairly often though. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Yes please. Dumb the game down more. It's too hard to work at something to get a realm first. If I can't get it, nobody should! /Rolleyes
    This.

The message you entered is too short.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-08-26 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's probably why they want to get rid of realm firsts. Personally I'd rather just merge realms but of course, they don't want to make people swap names. Perhaps the FoS should just be individual and not guild unlike the course they took in Cata/MOP. Titles should be on cutting edge, not realm first.

Realm First 90 are fine in my books as a means of "fun." Obviously if you choose to partake in the race to Realm First 90 you are accepting the possibility of frustration with lags, bugs, and respawns. I agree profession realm firsts and pandaren ambassador are absolutely dumb achievements, however.

I still think RF Level 90 should stay, but people obviously need to realize it's not a "fair" achievement in that it can be very difficult to get solo and/or without help. Still less "cheese" than the other day 1 RF's though.
    Pandaren ambassador was only dumb because Shadow Pan and August Celestial were gated by the Daily quest system (you could only get a maximum amount of reputation with these via dailies), with the only mechanism allowing players to bypass it being a drop on a rare spawn, thus giving human somewhat of a big advantage. If every faction had allowed grinding (e.g. the repeatable quest for Klaxxi, eggs for order of cloud serpents, rare fish for anglers...), the FoS would have been ok, because even if humans had an advantage, it would have been "diluted" by the grinding (because honestly, completing 30 dailies a day for a month is a joke). This is coming from someone who achieved the FoS if it matters in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    Pandaren ambassador was only dumb because Shadow Pan and August Celestial were gated by the Daily quest system (you could only get a maximum amount of reputation with these via dailies), with the only mechanism allowing players to bypass it being a drop on a rare spawn, thus giving human somewhat of a big advantage. If every faction had allowed grinding (e.g. the repeatable quest for Klaxxi, eggs for order of cloud serpents, rare fish for anglers...), the FoS would have been ok, because even if humans had an advantage, it would have been "diluted" by the grinding (because honestly, completing 30 dailies a day for a month is a joke). This is coming from someone who achieved the FoS if it matters in anyway.
    Right, I don't necessarily lobby to get rid of any. My point is that those achievements probably add less to the game than the Realm First Level Cap ones, I mean, I probably won't try for it (maybe), I probably wouldn't get it, but who knows?

Nobody's forced to participate in a Realm First Level Cap attempt but that's got the most "prestige" behind it, accepting all bugs and whatever, probably requires the most research done in advance, can (depending on method) require help from friends, and is a sanity check because after all what gamer doesn't love the concept of setting aside 3 nights from work (1 for the grind, 2 for the recovery) to pound out an all-nighter. Of course it isn't a fair race, but that's why it doesn't (and shouldn't) carry rewards other than the FoS. It at least for me carries the best imagery, while the others don't really.

I mean maybe it's a relic of the past later, but I'd actually be a little sad to see that achievement go.

It's really pretty astonishing to me that people would want to remove something from the game that other people find fun. What the hell difference does it make to you if there's a realm first achievement if you don't want to try and get it?

Personally, the levelling race is literally my favourite part of a new expansion. Staying up all night with guildmates on mumble, planning out levelling paths, stockpiling consumables, it's a huge amount of fun, and the race for the realm spam is the incentive that gets everyone involved in it. It would be a great shame if they removed it and help absolutely nobody.

They're being removed anyways with the introduction of Virtual Realms.

There's nothing inherently wrong with them;

Nor is there too much "development" time for them seeing as how it's usually just a quick recode from the last expansions.

Deleted
    Why? its a huge achievement in my opinion. it just shows you are the fastest

Ye, let's remove achievements all together... It's all about bragging when people get mounts and titles.. Let's get rid of the last thing that keeps the best WoW players around that contributes far more to the WoW community than us less hardcore.

Deleted
    Actually I don't run for Realm first achievements. It's not my pace nor my goal in the game.
    But if some people are interested in them, as long as it's not exclusive content nor harming for other people's fun, why should it be removed.
    It's like saying : "Hey I find dungeons more time effective to farm and more fun, let's remove scenarios, they're useless". Not cool removing harmless fun things.

The only select few people who get the realm first are the ones not getting problems staying online at start of an expansion ;P

Fuck no, i've NEVER had a realm first - but it's the one thing that keeps me raiding, and keeps me looking forward to future patches and expansions.