Poll: Do you think realm first achievements should be removed from the game?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    It's really pretty astonishing to me that people would want to remove something from the game that other people find fun. What the hell difference does it make to you if there's a realm first achievement if you don't want to try and get it?
    It matters to me because I had a friend who not only participated but won the leveling race. People who were upset that he beat them (by a lot, too) were convinced he was cheating even though they didn't know how he did it. They supposedly got a GM (I'm guessing they knew whoever did it) to reset his levels so they could "win" the race. My friend didn't play again until half a year later, when Blizzard finally reverted what they did. The whining kids still have their achievements too.

This is one story but it is not an isolated incident. These things happen. Cries of foul play are always there and they're often acted upon. They add a level of drama that just wasn't there before achievements were introduced to the game. Saying the achievements do not affect me should I choose not to compete are false because they do affect me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the race too. I just don't enjoy what follows and I think the game could do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It matters to me because I had a friend who not only participated but won the leveling race. People who were upset that he beat them (by a lot, too) were convinced he was cheating even though they didn't know how he did it. They supposedly got a GM (I'm guessing they knew whoever did it) to reset his levels so they could "win" the race. My friend didn't play again until half a year later, when Blizzard finally reverted what they did. The whining kids still have their achievements too.
    Ah, that story (I'd forgotten it). I'd hate to see the achievement go in general (though I wouldn't miss it that much), but I do think you have the best argument for removing it.

Blizzard in this case fucked up bigtime, and I guess its sad everyone regardless has to suffer as a result, but it's done.

Remove them? No.
    Ban players that somehow have all classes to realm first... plus all profession realm firsts. That's just ridiculous.

Deleted
    I dont see why people would dislike the realm firsts achievements in general, its not like the game is forcing you to actually do them unless you really want to put the effort in and do them.

NO!

why? because its unique. Some ppl like chellenges so let them have reward.

someone is envy....