Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    NEWS: deep speculation proves the Lasher class will be added to the game:
    Harrison Jones in Uldum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I would make the class full leather/mail. Too few mail classes currently and it seems the class can deal/share with the Hunter and Shaman gear.
    True opinion, thanks

If it isn't in the warcraft lore it shouldn't be in the game imo.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Why the hell so many of you imagine this as fetish/sexual/indecent concept? It's just a f***ing whipper and it shouldn't be fetish ingame!
    Do this looks fetish?
    you don't google much do you? there are fetishes about everything.

Why the hell so many of you imagine this as fetish/sexual/indecent concept? It's just a f***ing whipper and it shouldn't be fetish ingame!
    Do this looks fetish?
    well for one thing it's the wording which seems to be pretty much in line with it being a, as you said, "fetish/sexual/indecent concept". if you want I can take a different stance on why I dislike the concept which is pushing for whips in general, adding a weapon type to the game which hasn't had one added in any of the expansions means providing several weapon models and skins as well as forcing loot drops into already existing leveling content because blizzard already said hero classes weren't that great. that would mean the design team on top of having to build and balance an entire class for both PVE and PVP would have to make and balance an entire new weapon type for any and all classes capable of using it for 1-?? levels specifically BECAUSE of said class they have to build and balance. then take into account that classes and specs are already fairly imbalanced with every class community seeming to hate the others and it's adding a new one in as a hybrid with multiple schools of spells meaning other classes will hate them even more in PVP. then consider how quickly people might be bored having a limit to one specific weapon type, there was a fair amount of complaining from hunters when it was announced they were taking away melee weapons and making them bow/gun/crossbow only (not a huge outcry but there were plenty of complaints), your concept further limits that to just one weapon type. the whip as a weapon is also rather arguable since while fantasy games seem to have brought it up on occasion its primary purpose has always been as a means of enforcement, not actual combat, when a big monster is meant to be threatening with a whip such as the balrog from lord of the rings there's a REASON it's a gigantic whip made of FIRE, if you want to actually be deadly with a whip you have to either be very good, very lucky, or patient as they are meant to cause bruising or bleeding gashes and not broken bones or life threatening cuts.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    New pic in the main post:
    1st PIC = featuring female Human (Elegance spec)
    2nd PIC = featuring female Night Elf (Slavemaster spec)
    3rd PIC = featurnig female Blood Elf (Dominance spec)

Yes this will maybe attract girls to wow, nice point
    Going only by the artwork provided.... I would guess it would appeal more to the spotty teenage boys than girls....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard never added whips or this kind of class to its universe, and I don't know why. Too brutal? Come on! Slavery is still legal in Africa!
    Actually one blue said it was a weapon type he wished they'd add.

Though as this thread shows exactly why it shouldn't be added.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    well for one thing it's the wording which seems to be pretty much in line with it being a, as you said, "fetish/sexual/indecent concept". if you want I can take a different stance on why I dislike the concept which is pushing for whips in general, adding a weapon type to the game which hasn't had one added in any of the expansions means providing several weapon models and skins as well as forcing loot drops into already existing leveling content because blizzard already said hero classes weren't that great. that would mean the design team on top of having to build and balance an entire class for both PVE and PVP would have to make and balance an entire new weapon type for any and all classes capable of using it for 1-?? levels specifically BECAUSE of said class they have to build and balance. then take into account that classes and specs are already fairly imbalanced with every class community seeming to hate the others and it's adding a new one in as a hybrid with multiple schools of spells meaning other classes will hate them even more in PVP. then consider how quickly people might be bored having a limit to one specific weapon type, there was a fair amount of complaining from hunters when it was announced they were taking away melee weapons and making them bow/gun/crossbow only (not a huge outcry but there were plenty of complaints), your concept further limits that to just one weapon type. the whip as a weapon is also rather arguable since while fantasy games seem to have brought it up on occasion its primary purpose has always been as a means of enforcement, not actual combat, when a big monster is meant to be threatening with a whip such as the balrog from lord of the rings there's a REASON it's a gigantic whip made of FIRE, if you want to actually be deadly with a whip you have to either be very good, very lucky, or patient as they are meant to cause bruising or bleeding gashes and not broken bones or life threatening cuts.
    I don't need such a comment to know it wouldn't be added to the game. I just need to know if you find the concept interesting.
    About the truth that whips are not efficent weapons, I know, but I think that in real life even magic is not efficent.
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2013-08-22 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    I just don't see it happening, and as mentioned no matter how you try and spin it whips in general will always have a common connection with fetishes and sex. Yeah succubi have them but they rarely appear in-game from what I can tell and it's never their main point. Making actual player characters with similar traits would unnerve far too many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's better than the current Demon Hunter / Tinker idea's floating around.

I'd make it more chains rather than whips, lassoo's etc. Remove the sexualisation imagary associated with it and it would start to come together.
    Hi

About the truth that whips are not efficent weapons, I know, but I think that in real life even magic is not efficent.
    yes but even in fantasy games like D&D and pathfinder whips are still relegated to non lethal weapons, there's a difference between suspension of disbelief and throwing someone into a battlefield full of trained killers with fully lethal weapons and abilities while only giving them something meant to cause enough pain for people to keep working instead of rebelling against whatever foreman or slaver is using it.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it's better than the current Demon Hunter / Tinker idea's floating around.

I'd make it more chains rather than whips, lassoo's etc. Remove the sexualisation imagary associated with it and it would start to come together.
    Thanks Moko, totally agree.

Deleted
    Make it tauren, worgen, undead, dwarf only = sexual imagery gone (mostly)

Deleted
    yes but even in fantasy games like D&D and pathfinder whips are still relegated to non lethal weapons, there's a difference between suspension of disbelief and throwing someone into a battlefield full of trained killers with fully lethal weapons and abilities while only giving them something meant to cause enough pain for people to keep working instead of rebelling against whatever foreman or slaver is using it.
    I understand it, in fact this class is meant to work as "disabler" mainly aswell as DoTs/bleeds. It will be interesting mainly for PvP. Not sure how disabling can work vs a boss x)
    PS: I have imaginary added lots of spell to support the damage dealt by this class, to indeed fix the low white-damage.
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2013-08-22 at 03:07 PM.

They're not going to add a new equipment type that only one class can use.

Deleted
    I understand it, in fact this class is meant to work as "disabler" mainly aswell as DoTs/bleeds. It will be interesting mainly for PvP. Not sure how disabling can work vs a boss x)
    PS: I have imaginary added lots of spell to support the damage dealt by this class, to indeed fix the low white-damage.
    how about:

damage mitigation via hindering their opponent's ability to fight (weaken enemy attacks by striking arms, slow the enemy's charges by hitting legs, interrupt spells by hitting head) and overall be more annoying than the people doing actual damage. not saying I change my mind on disliking the idea but that doesn't mean I can't throw some basic logic in your favor when I see it. albeit blizz would have to give them more access to boss fight control than most (probably all) other tanks if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    how about:
    ...if only we could point this out to non warrior/paladin female characters, the number of times I've seen a mage set and thought "why are you just wearing a miniskirt and bra when you're ALREADY in the weakest possible armor type" is disturbingly high.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you got my +1 for BLUE STAHLI music <3
    +1 to all Blue Stahli music fans!

Yeah why not? I mean predictable choices such as tinkers and demonhunters are boring, I'd rather blizzard suprise us with something like this class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Female-only class, I take it?
    Bloodelf male can roll one aswell!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I can imagine they would be popular in Goldshire.
    Yeah especially on RP servers such as Argent Dawn EU

Deleted
    damage mitigation via hindering their opponent's ability to fight (weaken enemy attacks by striking arms, slow the enemy's charges by hitting legs, interrupt spells by hitting head) and overall be more annoying than the people doing actual damage. not saying I change my mind on disliking the idea but that doesn't mean I can't throw some basic logic in your favor when I see it. albeit blizz would have to give them more access to boss fight control than most (probably all) other tanks if they did that.
    Damage may comes mainly from spells/dots. CC is empowered by talent Dominance, which is tanking, no need to damage. CC kind of tanking

@Pryre: interesting ) seducing tanking