Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CM gold run Stormtout brewery

Hey all,

I'm having troubles to get gold on Stormtout Brewery, I need some advices there.

My comp is, Blood DK, Arms War, Disc priest, Lock and a shaman or mage, depends the day and what I can find to play.
    We could finish this dungeon in 13 min (silver), but we need to cut 1 min yet.

My strategy is, the tank gets the monkeys on the first room, I'm hitting a fire elemental, someone gives a slow, our group is following the tank, we are skipping the sleeping monkeys.

We stop on room before boss, the tank aggro those monkeys, and we open BL.
    We zerg those monkeys, and tank goes to get more monkeys on boss room, we try to kill as fast as we can, using barrils and so on, the monkey's boss goes down my tank pushs him to middle of room, and we are getting the maximum of barrils as we can.
    Our time to do all this is 9 min to 9:10 minutes.

We are running all together to the next boss room, when we are there we are focus the hammer one, to get the hammer and kill those mobs.
    The boss goes down and we try to zerg him in middle of the room, we could kill him with 6 min, but in rare occasions, we left from this boss with 5:30, this boss is hard to zerg more fast, I don't know =/

We kill the add, inv pot, we bring those two adds to the third boss room and fight against those four mobs all together.
    We left from boss room, to LoS in those small adds, we are kiling those adds, we back to boss room, kill those four adds and we are starting the last fight with 45 seconds remain or 30 seconds.

when these mobs goes down, I'm respecting as fast as I can to shadow, and the tank push the last boss, we use BL again, and try to zerg faster this boss, the tank never wait me to finish the respect, one or two tries I could finish my respect, but all the time I have enough time to do this.

but all the time we don't have gold time anymore.

What can we do to save more time ? Is there any trick or something like this to do better ?
    I think we are not having troubles with any fight, we are having troubles with time.
    my english is sucks, sorry.

When killing all the monkeys right before the first boss we had the warlock drop the infernal for an extra stun plus the impact does quite a bit of damage as well. Also for the 2nd boss you need to kill the 3 bigger rabbits I believe on the bosses deck to get him to activate. This means marking them fast as soon as you get there as it will be pretty difficult to find them when all are up there. Besides that it just seems like your dps is really sub-par. Make sure your group is not using the legendary meta, also for us to get gold we didn't use an invis pop in this instance. This allowed more dps pots to be popped especially on the final boss which is key.

Uhmmm..I've 2-3 shotted this CM all 3 times I did it, so I don't see the issue. you can DEFINITELY shave time off on the "We kill the add, inv pot, we bring those two adds to the third boss room and fight against those four mobs all together." part by MAKING SURE you mark the 2 adds that are part of the boss and nuke those first to keep the boss RP going/spawning. You can waste a lot of time at that moment if you're attacking the wrong things. Also, just make sure you go shadow. If he isn't giving you time to re-spec then he's just bad, you'll gain more DPS by waiting 2-3 secs for you to respec.

- - - Updated - - -

DK-> Chillblains + Kite EVERYTHING in 1st boss room. Don't waste time doing it in 2 groups. g91 Landsharks help. they'll hit all the mobs. have everything hitting barrels into the monkeys to start 1st boss QUICKLY.

Deleted
    If you tank the big monkey in the doorway into his room at least 2 of the barrels roll into him all the time and then you can pick up more from the back, increasing your damage on him. Generally too, most of the damage on the trash monkeys used to activate the boss will be from barrels or multi dots so id save fire ele for the boss, its pretty pump at aoe. I dont think we picked up any monkeys outside the boss room apart from killing the two having the knife fight.

Sepha
    Last edited by mmoc341033ac04; 2013-08-22 at 02:04 PM. Reason: My words made no sense! they are fixed now.

Deleted
    You have pretty good comp so i think that some1 in pt is dump.

First, when u start this cm, you should just run to the room with 3 monkeys. This is because good timed BB will aggro 2 first monkey and kills spirits. Then your tank should pop CD and all should bring all monkeys to ~30%. Then u should slow them and run. When the kite monkeys are in room with borrels, last person in PT just hit borrel and finish them.

In next room, Tank should hit only this 2 fighting monkeys -> run to the "boss room" -> and use "battle horn" to aggro all monkeys in the room -> pop CD and your warrior and lock melt them down with bladestorm and demo aura. Then boss spawn and u should kill him with BORRELS (12 stacks is min) this is mainly because on 10 stacks barrles hit form about 0,5 mln

Then run to the next boss room and again melt rabbits with bladestorm and demo aura. This boss shouldn't make more than 2 carrots breaths!

In the last boss room, when the small 9 adds spawn u should stand in them, this is because they heal each other and sometimes it can even give +20sec. On the last boss all should stand in square and when they have channel on them DON'T JUMP
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2013-08-22 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    When killing all the monkeys right before the first boss we had the warlock drop the infernal for an extra stun plus the impact does quite a bit of damage as well. Also for the 2nd boss you need to kill the 3 bigger rabbits I believe on the bosses deck to get him to activate. This means marking them fast as soon as you get there as it will be pretty difficult to find them when all are up there. Besides that it just seems like your dps is really sub-par. Make sure your group is not using the legendary meta, also for us to get gold we didn't use an invis pop in this instance. This allowed more dps pots to be popped especially on the final boss which is key.
    uhmm, nice to know, we are marking any rabbits, and doing single target on him. A few times the boss goes down quickly, often we get a bunch of seconds to clean the room before boss goes down, maybe it will help to save a little more time.

I think we can save more time on the first boss, if we bring all monkeys to barrels room, we have tried it, but the damage was so crazy.
    Ye, I really don't understand, our dps appear to be good, the overall is more than 100k, our blood dk is hitting so hard too, the worst dps is on boss fights, in the final boos no one could do more than 50k.

Thanks for advices men, today I will try again. =)

Deleted
    You dont have to inv pot, just skip them by walking in the cornerish while they are at the other side. Really easy to do. This way you can use potions and such on more trash packs and on the last boss.

You're loosing alot of time on the second boss, make sure people realise to only attack the boss.

Pre-pot as the gate opens and use heroism/bloodlust/time-warp. (Your group is not going to make use of the entire duration anyways)

Pull the 2 front brawlers into the room the 3. Have a dps use a Battle Horn (Rare Spawn: Blackhoof @ Valley of the Four Winds) at the center of the room to kill the fire spirits buffing the 3 brawlers in that room. Make sure Pain Suppression/IBF are not used here. Anti-Magic Shell can be used to negate the fire damage until the 3 fire spirits are killed.
    *Alternative strat is pull the 5 brawlers with the 2 from the corner room into the boss' room, then use heroism/bloodlust/time-warp. It is a lot more healing intensive.

Once the 5 Brawlers are at 25% or so, snare them and start moving up the stairs. Have a ranged dps stay at the second set of stairs and blow up the brews once the brawlers enter that room.

The DK should have already Icy Touched and Bloodboiled to snare the 2 brawlers in the corner room and moved toward first boss' room. Have the priest PW: Shield and Pain suppression the tank, then Fade. The DK can use IBF, his/her Battle Horn at the center of the room, drop a Death and Decay, and channel Remorseless Winter and apply Icy Touch/Bloodboil to snare everything. He/she should start kiting before the stun expires and everyone should be running barrels and aoeing the monkey. (Can use G91 Landshark here) [Warlock can use massive aoe cds here] The Shaman can use AG to help out with healing here. If there is a mage in your group, have him/her drop a Ring of Frost in the center of the room after the monkeys are pulled.

Tank boss by the entrance and have everyone running barrels onto the boss. (Barrels that hit the boss without anyone riding them do not apply the debuff onto the boss) Use dps potion and cooldowns when boss has 6-10 stacks of the debuff.

Pull everything into the next boss' room, use aoe stuns while avoiding Hopper explosions, and cleave off 2 marked Boppers. The Shaman can use AG to help out with healing and the tank can kite if needed. Use potion anytime during the boss fight. Make sure the Hoppers are knocked into the air using the hammers and avoid carrot breath. Ring of Frost could be used here too if you are using a mage. It is probably best for the DK tank to pick up the hammers to knock the Hopplings, Hoppers, and Boppers. The DK can drop death and Decay at where the adds spawn and use either AMS/IBF or freeze adds with Remorseless Winter to reduce damage taken from the adds and carrot breath while doing hammers.
    *Note: If the tank positions the boss at the far end of the room, the ranged dps/healer could stay by the entrance to outrange the carrot breath.

After combat ends, the DK can spec out of Chilblains and into Death's Advance. (Don't want it to slow the 2 adds going into the last boss' room) Shaman can spec into Call of the Elements. (Double Cap totem for the 9 adds in last room) Someone should go open the door while killing the elemental in the corner. Move into the room when the pats are around the 11 o' clock position in the room and hug the left wall. (Pets can be dismissed for safety measures) Just make sure those 4 adds do not get pulled!

Have everyone pre-pot before pulling the 2 elementals into the last bosses room.

Go behind the pillar for the 9 adds and pre-pot before entering combat. (G91 Landshark can be used here) Use aoe stuns or Disrupting Shout (Warrior) when the adds are about to heal.

Aoe the next 4 elementals down like normal and make sure everyone gets out of the center.

The priest can switched to Shadow if group decides it is necessary. The Shaman can swap their last tier talent to Primal Elementalist. (Unglyphed Fire Elemental) The DK can used Army of the Dead (glyphed) as well.

Pre-pot, use heroism/bloodlust/time-warp and all cooldowns. Everyone should be at their assigned location to intercept beams. Any players with beams should just pop a defensive cooldown hit by the brew wave. Use healthstones if necessary. The encounter may be long enough to use a second dps potion. Any pet class can use the "Move To" command and have their pet helping out with intercepting beams. If using a mage, he/she can use Pet Nova on the little adds for extra Fingers of Frost!

Just doing little things like swapping talents/glyphs can shave a few seconds off of everything. The DK can probably swap to DPS trinkets like DMF and Alch Trinket (upgraded)/522 VP Str trinket.

[/WallOfText]
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2013-08-23 at 02:23 AM.

Ending the second fight with ~6min left is decent, you should be able to get gold with this, so you're losing a lot of time in the last oart.

1) No invis potion, you can simply not pull this trash.
    2) Have your heal switch to dps spec when you go LoS, you don't need it for the last two packs and the boss.

idk how u are having trouble with this cm... i 2shotted this with friends and we had no idea what we were doing

we never used invis pots btw, just grabbed all the monkeys in the first room and grouped them up so the barrels could smash them down. killed the first boss and raced to the 2nd one. killed the 2nd one almost instantly and then raced to the 3rd. yanzu was pretty easy to kill. its just his trash thats annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangoo View Post
    Ye, I really don't understand, our dps appear to be good, the overall is more than 100k, our blood dk is hitting so hard too, the worst dps is on boss fights, in the final boos no one could do more than 50k.
    100k is pretty low, make sure that all in your party are reforged/gem for CM and use pots on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    100k is pretty low, make sure that all in your party are reforged/gem for CM and use pots on CD
    For anyone but the tank, it's really not that low. I did my challenge modes with some members from one of the more serious EU guilds i've encountered, and most people were only getting 70k-90k DPS; the tank exceeding this quite significantly on some fights (600k+ DPS on the first boss in Scarlet Monastary thanks to vengeance).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    For anyone but the tank, it's really not that low. I did my challenge modes with some members from one of the more serious EU guilds i've encountered, and most people were only getting 70k-90k DPS; the tank exceeding this quite significantly on some fights (600k+ DPS on the first boss in Scarlet Monastary thanks to vengeance).
    on this CM it's because you have 4 packs +10 and 3 packs 4-5 and they have heavy aoe team. In my opinion it's the most dps dependent CM, so everyone need to do their work.
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2013-08-23 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    idk how u are having trouble with this cm... i 2shotted this with friends and we had no idea what we were doing

we never used invis pots btw, just grabbed all the monkeys in the first room and grouped them up so the barrels could smash them down. killed the first boss and raced to the 2nd one. killed the 2nd one almost instantly and then raced to the 3rd. yanzu was pretty easy to kill. its just his trash thats annoying.
    You killed the 2nd one almost instantly. Really? You touched it and it exploded or something?

Brewery is tightly tuned. 1 min behind the timer is actually good, you really are within reach of gold medal. Just keep at it.

For my group, the small healing elementals before the last boss were a small time sink that went unnoticed quite a few tries. Make sure you are packing them as tightly as possible, and save your interrupts and stuns until they begin channeling their heals, which they don't do immediately. Maybe this is not your problem, but worth looking into it -it took us a while to realise they were healing way more than they should. Have a flawless, well-timed chain of interrupts of this.

On the second boss, we found it useful to let the exploding adds just aggro by proximity on the tank or healer and then just move out of range from explosions as they begin bouncing, instead of bothering with the hammers. It is a bit of a high-risk, high-reward approach, but most of the times it worked fine for us (including gold).

Also, as tank you should try and leech as much vengeance as you can when he starts spinning. And for carrot breath, don't bother moving out -let everyone use a personal cooldown and the healer do the rest. That should give you better uptime if you are finding the fight to last too long.

On the first boss, use your casters to drive barrels into the boss (typically 2 people) and leave 2 DPS full time on him. That gave us the best time yield after trying different setups.

DPS as a raw measure is not really useful in challenges, though I would agree that 75k - 90k DPS is typical. Brewery has so many adds that this number goes up a lot, but the important thing is mastering barrel use and single target nukes where it matters.

Good luck! You really are almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post
    For my group, the small healing elementals before the last boss were a small time sink that went unnoticed quite a few tries. Make sure you are packing them as tightly as possible, and save your interrupts and stuns until they begin channeling their heals, which they don't do immediately. Maybe this is not your problem, but worth looking into it -it took us a while to realise they were healing way more than they should. Have a flawless, well-timed chain of interrupts of this.
    As I said earlier, if you've 6+ minutes remaining after the second boss, you should be able to get gold, so you're losing a lot of time in the last room, and Slapsgiving is probably right, these healing trash may be a huge time sink.
    1) Have your healer spec dps just before these trash.
    2) Use a stun/interrupt rotation, there should almost never be channeling. (And since you shouldn't have a healer, your tank should play carefully when the adds are not stunned.)
    3) Make everyone stand in these elementals. You are supposed to intercept any beam so that they don't heal themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post
    On the second boss, we found it useful to let the exploding adds just aggro by proximity on the tank or healer and then just move out of range from explosions as they begin bouncing, instead of bothering with the hammers. It is a bit of a high-risk, high-reward approach, but most of the times it worked fine for us (including gold).
    This is also a very good advice. The hammer reset the cast of the exploding adds, so using it on them is a bad idea. You should never stun them either.
    Just have your tank run quickly to them so that they start casting next to the wall and have everyone stand far away from the wall, nobody will get hit by the explosions. (We had our shaman root them for more convenience.)

Also, you should only dps the boss and don't bother with virmen, that will give your tank some vengeance and help minimize the time spent on this boss. Two waves of virmens is easily tankable.

Shit posts like this are useless.

"I please give advice on ssb we're struggling"

Reply "idk how u can struggle wif dis" "We killed da first boss den da second den we ran to da fird"

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be a bad case of people trying to sound "epic" but failing bad, You have never "2 shot" This CM, You cannot 2shot a CM, I highly doubt you can even 2shot deadmines lol, 2 shot is two attacks, It might sound cool to you, But it just looks stupid using the word when you don't actually know what it means.

Your comp is pretty much the same as when I did it (the only difference I was a MW Monk instead of a disc priest).

I don't remember too much from it because it's definitely the roughest one and it was hell to heal through, but I'll try my best to give you an idea of what we did.

We pulled everything from the start to the 1st boss's room and the tank just kited like crazy, with some stuns here and there to make sure they wouldn't catch up to him. Then everyone used barrels like crazy to AoE the crap out of them.

2nd Boss we just pretty much zerged everything down. We'd focus on the boss, and if there were too many adds, we'd focus them.

Don't use invis pots in that one room. As long as you don't hit the streams that are coming from the walls, the adds won't pull. You'll probably need the pots for the last room. I know it's probably common knowledge, but on the boss, make sure you always have someone in between the add and the boss so he doesn't heal. I think some people don't even bother jumping and rather get stunned because of the chance a heal could get through if you jump. And since you have a mage and a lock, decent chance they'll have pets and you could use them as a block.

I know most of the stuff I said isn't new, but just keep at it. It's by the far the hardest tuned CM out of all of them. Good luck.

I highly doubt that, unless you mean that your friends were boosting you and you were the only one who had no idea what you were doing. Brewery was the hardest timer for our group when we did it. I personally felt that it was the tightest timer of all CM's.

Deleted
    SSB is the only CM where you will struggle with the timer nowadays as its one of the few that you can't cheese with a bug or two, some good advice in here, something that hasn't been said unless I missed it, as the disc priest you should pretty much gear as a dps, stat prio should be int > haste > crit > spir or crit > haste if you aren't confident with mana, buy some restorative ambers from the klaxxi, you can go from 0-300k mana in about 8-9 seconds with them, and as a priest you can even spectral guise to break combat (doesn't work on most bosses, but does on trash) and drink w/o slowing the group down too much. You should be looking to maximize your damage as much as possible as the priest, take mindbender, with mindbender, PI and hero/BL you should be able to burst 100k+ and flask/eat for int as well. Not gonna go over strats as thats all been covered pretty much.