• A land with a black forest around a city sharing it's name

32 7.21%
  • Mankrik's wife

135 30.41%
  • Other

43 9.68%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dark Below can be anything from Blizzard - it can even be a 100% FAKE that some non-blizzard trademarked for trolling.

Just forget about the Dark Below until Blizzcon happens, then you can see what the expansion is named/about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    nothing is 100%.
    We don't even know if it belongs to WoW?
    Might be a new game name we haven't heard of? x)
    The Dark Below is not a name for a new game. If it is, then Hearthstone is a name for a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
    I swear any more underwater quest zones and I will pull out my hair. Did it with my first toon never touched the zone again.
    I swear any more underwater quest zones and I will scream from happiness. Did it on my first toon and since then did it on all my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    The Dark Below is not a name for a new game. If it is, then Hearthstone is a name for a movie.
    How do you know it wouldn't be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    The city where our small minds go to die, under the ocean where light cannot shine, in the heart of a God whose still draws breath, and we'll only find death.

Oh yeah there's probably a forest around/in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Mankrik's wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    a friend just told me that Ny'alotha is a warcraft sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is similar to gonorrhea??
    Hi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An undersea kelp forest corrupted by the leeching power of N'Zoth and stained perpetually black. Think Sha corruption, minus the grey, and underwater.

It also contains the portal to the Rift of Aln, where N'Zoth himself is.

It will be a final leveling zone for The Dark Below.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

From purely my own speculation based on the descriptions of the city and the forest.

I would say that it is a city located on physical azeroth, deep deep underground, a city that was buried during the struggle between the Old Gods and the Titans, or perhaps even a city that is far more ancient than that. The city is surrounded by a dead, lifeless forest, and the entire area is partially in phase with the Emerald Dream, perhaps the very source of the nightmare itself, drifting in and out of the dream.

Within the city there is likely a central tower (The darkened spire and Giant Rook), which contains within itself a "void" a center of incredibly ancient, dark, and very very chaotic energy (That devours everything and has devoured the "soul" of both the city and forest that is the source of the Rift of Aln and the entire dream itself. This tower is unimaginably powerful, perhaps something that predates even the Old gods, and nothing is able to look upon it without "fleeing screaming into the surrounding forest". The forest and the city are guarded by a creature that appears as a black goat with seven eyes, possibly N'zoth's projected form (I like to think it's something older and more powerful than even N'zoth).

The city and forest then, are presumably located at the very bottom of the rift left by the well of eternity... and perhaps the void within the darkened spire was the original source of the well's turbulent, chaotic energies--regardless, it's at the bottom of the darkest part of the ocean, where only the fish who inhabit the dark cold water know the "secret" of its existence, and how it might be reached. The way to the city then also seems to be protected by void-influenced currents that sweep men away.

Again, all 10000% speculation and arbitrary presumptions on my part.

For me..

The city formerly known as Nazjatar, where N'Zoth resides and where the Emerald Nightmare seeps into the mortal plane and physical world. The once beautiful underwater city of Nazjatar, now warped by the Nightmare, holds naught but insidious horrors.

Deleted
    If you put in mankrik's wife in as a poll option, then you know it will be abused x)
    I knoooow

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm not even sure how we'd enter Ny'alotha without going insane.
    Who said we don't get insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I knoooow

Who said we don't get insane?

What if..

We're all already insane?!

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizz is expanding on it's Old Gods, i.e. Lovecraftian lore The Call of Cthulhu (Cthulhu and the city of R'lyeh)
    I've enjoyed what they've brought forth so far on this lore, looking forward to more.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Deleted
    If you put in mankrik's wife in as a poll option, then you know it will be abused x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm not even sure how we'd enter Ny'alotha without going insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What if..

We're all already insane?!
    Let's leave complex lore to the Elder Scrolls

10+ Year Old Account
    Ny'alotha is a city, where it is... we don't know that part...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    So Blizz is expanding on it's Old Gods, i.e. Lovecraftian lore The Call of Cthulhu (Cthulhu and the city of R'lyeh)
    I've enjoyed what they've brought forth so far on this lore, looking forward to more.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    These's actually the reason why i love the Old Gods XD

Also... these's for your signature :P

How do you know it wouldn't be?
    Common sense and creativity thoughts, something most people don't seem to have, can bet on it easily.

Also what happened with MoP? Oh no can't be the expansion, must be some new game of some sort.

What happened after all? Bam own'd it was the expansion.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2013-08-22 at 04:43 PM.

It's a city. A city made for things that haven't walked free since the dawn of history. And I suspect the only way in is through a place called "the Black Forest," which I strongly suspect is a forest of things which are not trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's a city. A city made for things that haven't walked free since the dawn of history. And I suspect the only way in is through a place called "the Black Forest," which I strongly suspect is a forest of things which are not trees.
    I wouldn't bank on that, since it's also referred too as "woods" and "dead trees" are mentioned.

lost city of the faceless ones probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I wouldn't bank on that, since it's also referred too as "woods" and "dead trees" are mentioned.
    I suppose we'll find out. However, trees do generally tend to do better above ground than below it, or underwater. There is of course also the possibility that the Black Forest is in the Rift of Aln, thus full of corrupted nightmare trees.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Well dead trees wouldn't be too surprising if we're talking about the sunken ruins of Old Kalimdor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)