Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    What this list isn't even right at all. First off tier 15? We're going to tier 16, so expect 300-350k dps in BiS. Second, these numbers are less than Tier 15 BiS. Like for example I sim at 240k right now.
    I have to agree. Those numbers really don't look right at all. They seem to be WAY off with too many factors or something critical missing.

And where is that Sim image sourced from?

Deleted
    What this list isn't even right at all. First off tier 15? We're going to tier 16, so expect 300-350k dps in BiS. Second, these numbers are less than Tier 15 BiS. Like for example I sim at 240k right now.
    Of course they are less, have you even read the patch notes about RPPM and RPPM trinkets?

I'm sure his point was: "see how inaccurate T15 sims were? why on earth would you bother looking for T16 ones?"

Those numbers are to reflect the rppm changes, not t16 BiS

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    these sims are not accurate.
    and expect not accurate sims for SoO. The fights have lots of adds, not even light movement can save it

that's probably single target

SoO have alot of multi target fights so Multi dotters will scale way up

some single are too low, Affliction Warlock is to high for the power that it will have on SoO, Affliction warlocks will probably destroy every multi fight

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    that's probably single target

SoO have alot of multi target fights so Multi dotters will scale way up

some single are too low, Affliction Warlock is to high for the power that it will have on SoO, Affliction warlocks will probably destroy every multi fight
    Shockingly enough multi dotters tend to do well on multi dotting fights and if you balanced locks around multi dot fights we would be screwed on other fights. Every fights has fights its good at and the middle of the pack for single target for a multi dot class seems reasonable to me (and don't forget we are bottom of the pack with our other 2 specs)

I wonder if there is any APL changes in that or if its just the T15H APL/Gear with 5.4 spell coefficients. Like for instance, come 5.4 demo will, most likely, not use UVLS and will go with a full crit set-up. So, if that's run using a UVLS and all haste set-up those numbers wouldn't be very accurate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Shockingly enough multi dotters tend to do well on multi dotting fights and if you balanced locks around multi dot fights we would be screwed on other fights. Every fights has fights its good at and the middle of the pack for single target for a multi dot class seems reasonable to me (and don't forget we are bottom of the pack with our other 2 specs)

I wonder if there is any APL changes in that or if its just the T15H APL/Gear with 5.4 spell coefficients. Like for instance, come 5.4 demo will, most likely, not use UVLS and will go with a full crit set-up. So, if that's run using a UVLS and all haste set-up those numbers wouldn't be very accurate at all.
    Shadow Priests were always balanced for multi and you can see this on this dps rank and was always like that

so Aff should be near SP, a nerf or a buff to SPs to equal Aff

As for demo, will do alot more damage than that also because of the adds

Destro we all knew after the rain of fire nerf that it will be bottom

Deleted
    damn was hoping some info from t16 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    Affliction warlocks will probably destroy every multi fight

Not if arms goes live!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantyraider View Post
    Not if arms goes live!
    arms maybe will have the best Aoe (melee) but that wont be so overpower like you think . ( in exchange he is the worse single target dps )
    and i think that the spec deserve to shine somewhere since it was the worse spec for the entire expansion.
    beside the scale of arms isnt good , so with gear the spec will be alot less than you think

Deleted
    Nice to see that ele is at the bottom of the meter.. again..
    Don't think that going from T15 to T16 will be in ele's favor.. cause it's not. We all know ele scales horribly.

From SimC:

The purpose of the spec ranking chart is to provoke a reaction, preferably a really really angry reaction. I want the viewer angry enough to pore through our voluminous data and say: "Hah! You messed up cooldown X!" or "You moron! Your action list is all wrong! You need to use ability Y instead!" I welcome the bile, the (creative) cursing, the ranting and raving, because usually there is kernel of useful information that I can extract to improve our models.

The spec ranking chart has proven to be one of our most important drivers of code quality. It is like waving a red flag in eyes of a rampaging bull. If it means I get trampled from time to time, so be it. That is just the cost of doing business.

SimC devs work for the users that understand that our models live in space between gospel and garbage, but we are not above taking advantage of those that live on extremes to help us in our task...
    They want people to look at this chart, see where its wrong, and become angry enough to fix it themselves by contributing. As each class module has different amounts of work put into each one, they cannot be used to for comparision. Only within a single class will you get something useful - and even then, one spec might be more accurately simulated than another.

Destro should be higher than 198k due to the 15% chaos bolt buff. should be more like 215 or so but, Im taking these with a VERY FINE GRAIN OF SALT.

Where can i find this tests but using T16H gear?

Second, these numbers are less than Tier 15 BiS. Like for example I sim at 240k right now.
    Most people are losing DPS on patch day because of the RPPM nerfs, though it depends on your spec (people who didn't stack haste don't lose much, and some specs got buffed above and beyond what they were doing on live, anyway (e.g. frost DKs). Also, SimC's T15H profiles aren't 2/2 upgraded, so they'll do less DPS than many peoples' actual characters.

Why do players look for sims to figure out what spec is best, sims work well for figuring out a rotation, stat priorities or whether a piece of gear is better then another. Comparing different spec/class numbers with them is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    Destro should be higher than 198k due to the 15% chaos bolt buff. should be more like 215 or so but, Im taking these with a VERY FINE GRAIN OF SALT.
    chaos blot buff is build 17345