Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't have to, the games going to do that for me after 5.4 when there orc population will be shown to have not decreased from what it was prior to mists, and we're be told the only orcs we killed were blackrock, dragonmaw and some random ones, well the rest come in after.
    Sadly you're probably right and despite taking the brunt of the losses in this civil war orc political power and population will continue as normal despite what ought to happen logically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It is untrue. The original Star wars movies were successful because they were essentially the first Michael Bay movies ever made. Amazing Special Effects that simply went untouchable levels above previous material.

Since the release of the first movie, this has been expanded on so that we naturally feel a connection to the characters, but never make the mistake that the original movies were somehow literary works of brilliance and that the same guy somehow just forgot everything. The new Star Wars movies were the exact same thing, the audience had just outgrown them thanks to the presence of the expanded universe.
    Were you alive when any of the original trio were released?

I don't have to, the games going to do that for me after 5.4 when there orc population will be shown to have not decreased from what it was prior to mists, and we're be told the only orcs we killed were blackrock, dragonmaw and some random ones, well the rest come in after.
    Which would leave the entire MoP storyline entirely pointless. Not to mention stupid.

I'm not the fan of the plot of Mists, but it's quite logical at some points, perhaps the most of all expacs (last one was about big dragon doing bad stuff because big dragon). Blizzard gave the players a well-paced story about a wrong person being put in charge succumbing to his own thirst of power and mania. The players are, of course, left with no choice whether they wish to stay with him or not, but the message is obvious - Garrosh has to be stopped, because he represents War. And Garrosh himself is not even that big a threat - his position and ability to lead are. Garrosh is dangerous, because he was capable himself of tearing the Horde apart.

If after 5.4 we would hear about a great victory over Blackrock, Dragonmaw and Garrosh it would be the biggest cop out ever since Superman was revived for the first time. No repercussions, no depth in the entire story, just a big meanie doing mean stuff with his lackeys. Worth mentioning as well is the fact that if Garrosh was supported only by those 2 clans Siege of Orgrimmar would have been quite a piece of cake, with united armies in the offense.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    as long as it isn't Saurfang or Thrall.

Thralls had his time and Saurfang is too old.
    I'm all for Saurfang as an interim Warchief. Someone who has the wisdom -- actual wisdom, not like Thrall -- to pick a proper chief. Saurfang saw that Garrosh was bad news before any other major character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    When even Tauren have more players than Orcs, that should be a clear signal to Blizzard that people don't give a shit about the Orcs.
    Humans I can understand, 1 out of 3 people play Human.
    But for the Horde-EU it's: Blood Elf > Undead > Tauren > Orc
    For Horde US it's Blood Elf > Orc = Tauren = Undead.

Clearly, the core of Warcraft has always been Humans vs Blood Elves!

It's going to be one of the current clowns for sure. Either Vol'Jin, who got sparked by a rogue servant in a scenario and required two patches to recover or the Belf crossdresser.

Deleted
    Just throwing this idea out there, which is something I thought of while watching some old cinematics.

What is Thrall's unnamed baby son is the new warchief? He obviously won't be able to actually be warchief until he is older, but with Vol'jin, Aggra and Thrall acting as his advisors, I can see it being a viable idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Which would leave the entire MoP storyline entirely pointless. Not to mention stupid.
    Unless your someone who thinks the point of the mists plotline was about wiping out orcs, then your realize it wasn't pointless.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    I'm all for Saurfang as an interim Warchief. Someone who has the wisdom -- actual wisdom, not like Thrall -- to pick a proper chief. Saurfang saw that Garrosh was bad news before any other major character.
    I would love that. Saurfang would have one of the greatest legacies.

Second-in-command of the Orcish Horde who never lost a battle until the end of the Second War.
    Helped veterans cope with their atrocities.
    Supreme Commander of the the Might of Kalimdor.
    Second-in-Command of the Horde Expedition who also led the Horde in Icecrown Citadel and face his Death Knight son (he didn't do a lot, but it's tragic)
    Overlord of the Kor'kron Guard.
    And then Interim Warchief? Going out on top.

Unless your someone who thinks the point of the mists plotline was about wiping out orcs, then your realize it wasn't pointless.
    If the situation is entirely one-dimensional (as you seem to perceive it), then yes, we have another Deathwing scenario, with a meanie and his footmen, and both factions coming together to kill him. Wow, this whole build up really added up to a lot.

When even Tauren have more players than Orcs, that should be a clear signal to Blizzard that people don't give a shit about the Orcs.
    Hey man... as I said above - I wish Metzen would get out of his RTS roots and realize the game has grown past him. Let their child grow on its own. :P There's such a diverse world in WoW that it's such a shame to make it all stand 2nd fiddle to Orcs and Humans 100% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    Just throwing this idea out there, which is something I thought of while watching some old cinematics.

What is Thrall's unnamed baby son is the new warchief? He obviously won't be able to actually be warchief until he is older, but with Vol'jin, Aggra and Thrall acting as his advisors, I can see it being a viable idea.
    ...can his son even walk yet? Let alone even speak at this point?

hes literally an infant. he will be about 6 months old when mists ends.

atleast wrathion has the excuse of being a dragon.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

they've already done a story about an underaged ruler being classed as king well his dad is absent. People will pick up on this and say how blizzard has run out of ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    If the situation is entirely one-dimensional (as you seem to perceive it), then yes, we have another Deathwing scenario, with a meanie and his footmen, and both factions coming together to kill him. Wow, this whole build up really added up to a lot.
    and what are you suggesting? one of these retarded ideas people have belched out about making the alliance into the absolute victors in this and having the horde break apart?
    #boycottchina

they've already done a story about an underaged ruler being classed as king well his dad is absent. People will pick up on this and say how blizzard has run out of ideas.
    anduin is 10.

thralls baby is at most around 6 months old.

they wouldnt say they ran out of ideas they would say they lost their damn minds.

could you imagine how openly mocked the horde would be if an infant was their ruler?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anduin is 10.

they wouldnt say they ran out of ideas they would say they lost their damn minds.

could you imagine how openly mocked the horde would be if an infant was their ruler?
    not saying i would like the idea, infact I'd be against it at how stupid it is.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    He can't just walk in and claim Warchief title.
    Or can he?
    *Vanishes*

anduin is 10.

Too easy of a setup for a Garrosh Hellscream joke. :P

anduin is 10.

No more openly mocked than if a troll was their ruler. At least that infant is of a superior race.

10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft census taken today.
    #boycottchina

I hope it isn't Vol'jin. I'd rather have Chen as Warchief before that troll.