Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Because the Horde is broken at the end of the siege and would have no say in anything Varian wants.

Also, he isn't choosing the Warchief. I would imagine (hope) he would choose Saurfang to temporarily be the Warchief, while the Horde gets it shit together and votes on a new one. You don't want a repeat of last time a Warchief was chosen on the fly.
    Stay out of Horde affairs human!

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as it isn't Saurfang or Thrall.

Thralls had his time and Saurfang is too old.
    dragonmaw - EU

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Vol'jin is the favorite, followed by Lorthemar. Also possible is a return for Thrall

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    as long as it isn't Saurfang or Thrall.

Thralls had his time and Saurfang is too old.
    By that logic it shouldn't be Vol'jin either.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Abasik Kampfire. We need no other.

It would be jokes if they stole a page from Batman and had a contest for fans to vote for the new Warchief.

Like, after you kill Garrosh the first time before a certain date, you have the chance to cast in a vote for the Horde's new Warchief! For a nominal fee of course.

Oh, I'm actually going to change my vote to Darnell.

It's going to be Baine. He hasn't gotten a model update, he has ties with Anduin, he is level headed like Cairne. He is all around the best candidate, you can argue all you want, but every other leader besides Vol'jin have downsides. Saurfang is an Orc, and I'm sure the alliance and other horde members are still wary of that no matter how honorable the Orc, Thrall included. Lor'themar, while being catapulted into the spotlight lately, still is too unknown enough to become Warchief. Sylvannas is just not trustworthy, I mean come on. Plus Lor'themar and Sylvannas are still parts of races that aren't firmly enough cemented in the Horde, as (IMO) they weren't part of the horde in the RTS era. Even though Tauren were only in WC3, they still had all that time, plus with Cairne helping set up Org, he helped build the Horde into what it is today.

It's just to me, all logic points to Baine

I really how Varian chooses the next Warchief - and chooses Saurfang, by his history with Saurfang at Icecrown Citadel, and the fact Saurfang is pretty much the embodiment of the New Horde.

Throughout the battle with Garrosh, we fight the power of the Sha. After the battle ends, we discover that Garrosh is now free of anger, despair, doubt, fear, hatred, pride, and violence. Garrosh then removes his shoulderpads in a symbolic gesture (and to give us something to loot). The Horde leaders pat him on the back and say they'll support the new Garrosh as true warchief. Varian throws his hands up in disbelief and walks out.

;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon Rexxar !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    It's going to be Baine. He hasn't gotten a model update, he has ties with Anduin, he is level headed like Cairne. He is all around the best candidate, you can argue all you want, but every other leader besides Vol'jin have downsides. Saurfang is an Orc, and I'm sure the alliance and other horde members are still wary of that no matter how honorable the Orc, Thrall included. Lor'themar, while being catapulted into the spotlight lately, still is too unknown enough to become Warchief. Sylvannas is just not trustworthy, I mean come on. Plus Lor'themar and Sylvannas are still parts of races that aren't firmly enough cemented in the Horde, as (IMO) they weren't part of the horde in the RTS era. Even though Tauren were only in WC3, they still had all that time, plus with Cairne helping set up Org, he helped build the Horde into what it is today.

It's just to me, all logic points to Baine
    If it's Baine, I'm literally going to cancel my subscription on the spot. As a Tauren, I am fucking appalled by how they've handled his character - from his dealings with Jaina behind closed doors, to the fact he literally walled Mulgore off and -exiled- the Tauren who fought back against the Alliance in the Southern Barrens, I have no patience with him. He is literally the worst candidate. I'll take Thrall or Vol'jin before him.

Noo, Vol'jin can't be warchief, I prefer baine son of Cairne, he is young, he knows mercy, he cares about his people.
    The Horde needs a young warchief, and someone who cares in his people, and Baine has proved it, not to vengeance his father against Garrosh, he fight for his people.

I think he is the best warchief after Thrall.

I want to see Jaina looking to Thrall and saying "- Sorry Thrall." ;-)

In all seriousness, I'd accept pretty much anyone except Thrall, Gallywix, or Sylvanas. Thrall because, while I like him, we're in this mess because of his poor decision-making skills. Gallywix because he doesn't exist and he's an evil slavemaster. Sylvanas because she's done things even Garrosh thought was going too far, she just hasn't had the pull to do things on the scale he has.

Vol'jin has been the one cited most often in the patches leading up to this. I don't always like his attitude, but he generally seems like a good guy who is not too proud to ask for help when he knows he needs it.

Baine is a nice guy who wouldn't be prone to pulling a Garrosh.

Lor'themar would probably be my choice if this was real life, but thematically it would be very strange, being a "pretty race" and all. He would not want to be warchief, which is exactly what would make him a good one. He's a good, smart guy who knows what he's doing but does not crave power.

Rexxar is another guy I'd like to see, for similar reasons as Lor'themar. He's a wanderer, not a politician or a conqueror, so he wouldn't want to be warchief, but he's a good guy who would probably do the job well simply because he's responsible. Plus, Rexxar as warchief would make ogres more likely. ;P

I vote for Jaina...

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    If it's Baine, I'm literally going to cancel my subscription on the spot. As a Tauren, I am fucking appalled by how they've handled his character - from his dealings with Jaina behind closed doors, to the fact he literally walled Mulgore off and -exiled- the Tauren who fought back against the Alliance in the Southern Barrens, I have no patience with him. He is literally the worst candidate. I'll take Thrall or Vol'jin before him.
    I literally have no idea what you are talking about. He walled off Mulgore in response to the sacking of Camp Taurajo. He didn't exile the tauren on the other side they were just advanced war parties, all welcome back except for the Grimtotem. And as for back door dealings with Jaina, it was in response to Garrosh wanting to nuke Theramore even though it would do nothing but cause problems (alliance retaliation, plus increased pressure on the Forsaken and BE) and after Jaina had helped them. It was to warn her, and assure her they had nothing to do with the idea, as well as start forming the threads of what become the Darkspear Revolution today. He is the best candidate he play politics very well, be being a genuine peaceful and understanding dude. He trustworthy and ready to protect his people (which would become the Horde if elected) and not allow for treachery to be perpetrated against anyone, Horde or Alliance. He may not be very RvB but he is exactly the type of person you want when the Legion returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I literally have no idea what you are talking about. He walled off Mulgore in response to the sacking of Camp Taurajo. He didn't exile the tauren on the other side they were just advanced war parties, all welcome back except for the Grimtotem. And as for back door dealings with Jaina, it was in response to Garrosh wanting to nuke Theramore even though it would do nothing but cause problems (alliance retaliation, plus increased pressure on the Forsaken and BE) and after Jaina had helped them. It was to warn her, and assure her they had nothing to do with the idea, as well as start forming the threads of what become the Darkspear Revolution today. He is the best candidate he play politics very well, be being a genuine peaceful and understanding dude. He trustworthy and ready to protect his people (which would become the Horde if elected) and not allow for treachery to be perpetrated against anyone, Horde or Alliance. He may not be very RvB but he is exactly the type of person you want when the Legion returns.
    But first Naga...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Saurfang, Thrall or Vol'jin at this point.

I came into this thread expecting a link to a spoiler cinematic datamined from the PTR or something. I am disapoint.

It is either Vol 'Jin or the first Orc guard to the left in Org.